Ultra Stall (Spinarak Vileplume)

Ok now that the understanding that plume will keep them from playing trainers while "alive"....Nats is over for me (5-4) and I debated on throwing in 1 with my plume/pluff/mega deck the night before. There were times where it would of become effective to play it as a tech and would of been successful. I repeat AS A TECH! So if anyone wants to bump ideas PM me and we can try to come up with.

By the way Nats was a blast. The losses were all to zone/electric (ZPS donk with a hoppip active). So the idea does carry merit.

I say don't stick to it being a cleffa, by the time you're almost through +3 you can have something that does a hilarious amount of damage set up, like the kind of hilarious amount of damage that will OHKO most anything they could bring up.
Reshiram and Zekrom may be a problem, but then again, that's what reversal is for.
Another problem: You can't reversal under your own trainer lock.
Possible solution: Seeker
And it would be entirely possible to have all these cards in your hand by the end of +3. That's a lot of time.

That's why I believe the card is situational. Plume must be out before the lock happens. One can use it to lock the cleffa to have a large hand then times called, wait till last turn, and mismagious poltergeist or evolve to aridios/retreat and ko for the win. Just bring a book or phone cuz your opponent will likely not want to talk to you!:D

This won't work as a deck on it's own, but it can be a game winning tech in any Vileplume variant. Basically you win once an unsuspecting player sends out a Cleffa to Eeeeeeek after you set up Vileplume.

Just 1 Spinarak should do fine, it can't be the focus of the deck.

Anyway to repeat the conditions again:
(1) Must be level/leading in prizes
(2) Vileplume must be up
(3) Opponent must be playing cleffa or any other non-lethal Pokemon like Jirachi (assuming you evolved a Gloom)
(4) Opponent isn't the wiser and falls for the trap, doing a mid-game Eeeeeeek.

Spider Web to lock till time is called, continue to lock if Cleffa is asleep, and once it wakes up, kill it for the one prize and win.

No do not lock jirachi. He can attach psy/rainbow and get rid of plume and break the lock. If he/she hasn't done it already....

snorlax71 said:
No do not lock jirachi. He can attach psy/rainbow and get rid of plume and break the lock. If he/she hasn't done it already....

That's why I said only if you evolved from Gloom, because it wouldn't matter, you can just play Vileplume down again.

So, this lock makes you:
1) Seeker the Vileplume (Giving the opponent one turn to abuse the stocked up trainers)
2) Wait one more turn to use rare candy
3) Play Pokemon Catcher, get the Spinarak into active position, lock, evolve into Ariados after time is called for the win?

So, both players must have equal prizes, you give the opponent 2 turns to abuse the trainers, and you have to have a Pokemon Catcher, Spinarak, and a Rare Candy in hand?

Or, am I doing something wrong?

He devolves vileplume.

He attacks (end of his turn).

I play all my trainers, then re-evolve to vileplume.

Thanks!

Well, you could do that but you risk Switch and letting your opponent play all of their cards, which is a risk. Unless, of course, you have a Vileplume in play and an Oddish that has been in play for more than a turn with Rare Candy in your hand. Which unless you are willing to make a Spinerak deck, isn't a good idea.

Back