• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format Ultra Necrozma GX/Metagross GX

FrostBiter12

Upcoming Worlds Competitor!
Hey everybody, here is a list I've been pondering ever since I saw Ultra Necrozma GX. I know that not all of the cards from the next set (which Ultra Necrozma GX is in) have been announced, so this deck may not be at it's full potential at the moment, but I'll upgrade the deck as more cards are released. In the mean time, take a look!

Pokémon*19

Ultra Necrozma GX*3 FLI (Forbidden Light)
Beldum*4 GRI
Metang*2 GRI
Metagross GX*4 GRI
Tapu Lele GX*2 GRI
Registeel*1 CRI
Mimikyu*1 GRI
Remoraid*1 BKT
Octillery*1 BKT

Trainer*32

Cynthia*2 ULP
Prof. Sycamore*2 BKP
N*3 FCO
Guzma*3 BUS
Skyla*2 BKT
Brigette*2 BKT
Ultra Ball*4 SUM
Mysterious Treasure*2 FLI
Rare Candy*3 SUM
Rescue Stretcher*1 SUM
Choice Band*3 GRI
Float Stone*2 BKT
Ultra Space*3 FLI

Energy*9

Psychic Energy*6 SUM
Metal Energy*3 SUM

Total # of Cards: 60

Ultra Necrozma-GX – Dragon – HP190
Basic Pokemon (Ultra Beast)

[P][M] Photon Geyser: 20+ damage. Discard all basic [P] Energy from this Pokemon. This attack does 80 more damage for each Energy card discarded in this way.

[P][M] Destructive Light GX: This attack can only be used if there are 6 or less total Prize cards remaining in play. Place 6 damage counters on each of your opponent’s Pokemon. (You can’t use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)

When your Pokemon-GX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: Fairy (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 2

Mystery Treasure – Trainer
Item

Discard a card from your hand in order to play this card.
Search your deck for a [P] or [N] Pokemon, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Then, shuffle your deck.

You may play as many Item cards as you like during your turn (before your attack).

Ultra Space – Trainer
Stadium

Once during each player’s turn, that player may search their deck for an Ultra Beast, reveal it, and put it in their hand. Then, that player shuffles their deck.

This card stays in play when you play it. Discard this card if another Stadium card comes into play. If another card with the same name is in play, you can’t play this card.

Strategy: The idea is to use Metagross GX's ability (Geotech System) to reload energy onto Ultra Necrozma GX to hit for high numbers. Using Metagross GX to attack is also an option as well since you can clean up any damaged Pokémon with Ultra Necrozma GX's GX attack or just take K.O.s on Zorua/Rockfuff. The math works out almost perfectly against most decks (160 {discarding two [P] energy}+20 {Base damage}+30 {Choice Band}=210 {Zoroark GX, Golisopod GX, etc.}) not to mention Mimikyu picking up the slack VS. the upcoming Solgaleo GX (230 {Copycat on Sunsteel Strike}+30 {Choice Band}=260 {Solgaleo GX K.O.ed}).

Some techs I've thought of would be...

Beast Ring: Here is the text...
Beast Ring – Trainer
Item

You may only play this card when your opponent has 3 or 4 Prize cards remaining.
Search your deck for up 2 Basic Energy, reveal them, and attach them to 1 of your Ultra Beast Pokemon. Then, shuffle your deck.

You may play as many Item cards as you like during your turn (before your attack).
... I think maybe one or two copies could find there way into this deck, but Metagross GX gets the job done anyways. Maybe throwing in Alolan Vulpix and letting them get K.O.ed can speed up the process to a point where you can use Beast Ring early.

Octillery: Since Buzzwole GX and Lycanroc GX decks are popular at the moment, I thought that taking advantage of their Brooklet Hill with Remoraid would be a helpful option.

Alolan Vulpix: Same as Remoraid with the Brooklet Hill idea, but it can also help set up Metagross GX while advancing Beast Ring (if it Beast Ring is inserted) after it is K.Oed.

Registeel: With Glaceon GX being a major threat to this deck, I believe that Registeel would be the best way to counter it as it can be used in other matchups as well.

Espeon EX: With Ultra Necrozma GX's GX move, you can spread damage on all of your opponent's Pokémon like Zoroark GX, Lycanroc GX, and other Evolutions. Espeon EX then comes in and cleans up against those decks with devolution.

Anyways, let me know what you think and if you have any ideas, thanks!

Last edited:
I love the idea of pairing Metagross GX and UN GX. First of all, I think you need more metal energies, 3 is a little too insufficient in my opinion. I noticed you weren't playing Sycamores and replaced them with Cynthias. In Metagross (any variant), I cannot stress enough that you NEED Sycamores. Getting energy in the discard pile is crucial to Geoteching.

Hope this helps,
Professor_jplap

Hi. I wanted to make this deck first but you beat me to it. I think that the Octilery is interesting but I would rather play Zoroark GX because you can discard energy easier to use Geotech System. I also think like @Professor_jplap that the Professor Sycamores are way better than Cynthias for the same reason. I also think that a fourth beldum is needed way more than the Mimikyu because you really want to get out your Metagross's as fast as possible. I might make my own list because I really want, to but good luck with your list.

I love the idea of pairing Metagross GX and UN GX. First of all, I think you need more metal energies, 3 is a little too insufficient in my opinion. I noticed you weren't playing Sycamores and replaced them with Cynthias. In Metagross (any variant), I cannot stress enough that you NEED Sycamores. Getting energy in the discard pile is crucial to Geoteching.

Hope this helps,
Professor_jplap

On the topic of energy count, in theory, I believe that three is just the right amount as you only need one to get Ultra Necrozma GX (which can be attached turn 1 or 2 from the hand if necessary) going and it can be easily recovered by Geotech System if needed. I can also use Giga Hammer (Metagross GX's attack) if needed with only two Metal Energy, so three is just to ensure this option if one gets prized. I was comparing Sycamore and Cynthia, and I believed Cynthia to be the better option as it allows to you to not waste resources like Pokémon or other Trainers that could be shuffled into the deck instead. I do understand your point on discarding energy (which is why I inserted two Mysterious Treasure) though, and I will most likely split the supporter count between Cynthia and Sycamore, but I believe that only two Psychic Energy are needed in the discard for this deck to get going (along with two Metagross GX). The main problem with this deck is just finding a consistent list, hopefully we'll be able to do so.

Hi. I wanted to make this deck first but you beat me to it. I think that the Octilery is interesting but I would rather play Zoroark GX because you can discard energy easier to use Geotech System. I also think like @Professor_jplap that the Professor Sycamores are way better than Cynthias for the same reason. I also think that a fourth beldum is needed way more than the Mimikyu because you really want to get out your Metagross's as fast as possible. I might make my own list because I really want, to but good luck with your list.

Sorry about that, I was excited just as much as you were I guess. Good luck with your list as well! Anyways, I personally would prefer Octillery as Zoroark GX is being targeted at the moment with cards like Buzzwole GX, Lycanroc GX, and eventually the new Fighting type Garchomp as well. The main benefit to Zoroark GX (besides the Trade ability and Riotous Beating attack) is the stadium Devoured Field (which I'd remove Ultra Space for). If I played Zoroark GX, I would be able to use Devoured Field to boost both Zoroark GX and Ultra Necrozma GX (though my opponent could use it as well if they are using a Zoroark GX related deck). Mimikyu is a card that I believe can have a spot in this deck to help take K.O.s on high HP/damage output cards like Solgaleo GX (which will probably be a popular deck in the era where Ultra Necrozma GX is released). I think instead I will remove a Metang and add in a Beldum as well as another Metagross GX with one of the extra slots available to the list. One deck I believe Ultra Necrozma GX/Metagross GX will have trouble with is Glaceon GX as it shuts down Metagross GX's Geotech System. In order to remove this threat, I believe that adding in a Registeel (CRI) will deal a considerable amount of damage to Glaceon GX (with a Choice Band it can hit 120) while charging up a Ultra Necrozma GX.

So, here are the new edits to the list...

-2 Cynthia (ULP)
-1 Metang (GRI)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+2 Prof. Sycamore (BKP)
+1 Beldum (GRI)
+1 Metagross GX (GRI)
+1 Registeel (CRI)

Anyways, thank you @Professor_jplap and @biffthepotato for the suggestions, let me know what you think. Thanks!

Could Dialga GX be a consideration?
Clock up is good for a stage 2 deck, and the GX is busted, even if it requires 5 energy, it can single-handedly win you the game if timed right.

Could Dialga GX be a consideration?
Clock up is good for a stage 2 deck, and the GX is busted, even if it requires 5 energy, it can single-handedly win you the game if timed right.

As a one-of tech, Dialga GX is a potential option. I will definitely consider it and try it out, though the high energy requirement can be a pain at times, the GX attack is definitely worth it. Starting with it would be great though as Overclock (the attack that allows me to draw cards until I have six in my hand for one [M] energy) will help me draw into cards to help set up multiple Metagross GX. I would have to remove either Registeel or Mimikyu for it as I would not like my deck to be full of to many techs. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll let you know how it goes when I test it (the great news is I just pulled a FA Dialga GX as well, so now I have something to play it in!)

Hey everybody, here is a list I've been pondering ever since I saw Ultra Necrozma GX. I know that not all of the cards from the next set (which Ultra Necrozma GX is in) have been announced, so this deck may not be at it's full potential at the moment, but I'll upgrade the deck as more cards are released. In the mean time, take a look!

Pokémon*19

Ultra Necrozma GX*3 FLI (Forbidden Light)
Beldum*4 GRI
Metang*2 GRI
Metagross GX*4 GRI
Tapu Lele GX*2 GRI
Registeel*1 CRI
Mimikyu*1 GRI
Remoraid*1 BKT
Octillery*1 BKT

Trainer*32

Cynthia*2 ULP
Prof. Sycamore*2 BKP
N*3 FCO
Guzma*3 BUS
Skyla*2 BKT
Brigette*2 BKT
Ultra Ball*4 SUM
Mysterious Treasure*2 FLI
Rare Candy*3 SUM
Rescue Stretcher*1 SUM
Choice Band*3 GRI
Float Stone*2 BKT
Ultra Space*3 FLI

Energy*9

Psychic Energy*6 SUM
Metal Energy*3 SUM

Total # of Cards: 60

Ultra Necrozma-GX – Dragon – HP190
Basic Pokemon (Ultra Beast)

[P][M] Photon Geyser: 20+ damage. Discard all basic [P] Energy from this Pokemon. This attack does 80 more damage for each Energy card discarded in this way.

[P][M] Destructive Light GX: This attack can only be used if there are 6 or less total Prize cards remaining in play. Place 6 damage counters on each of your opponent’s Pokemon. (You can’t use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)

When your Pokemon-GX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: Fairy (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 2

Mystery Treasure – Trainer
Item

Discard a card from your hand in order to play this card.
Search your deck for a [P] or [N] Pokemon, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Then, shuffle your deck.

Ultra Space – Trainer
Stadium

Once during each player’s turn, that player may search their deck for an Ultra Beast, reveal it, and put it in their hand. Then, that player shuffles their deck.

This card stays in play when you play it. Discard this card if another Stadium card comes into play. If another card with the same name is in play, you can’t play this card.

Strategy: The idea is to use Metagross GX's ability (Geotech System) to reload energy onto Ultra Necrozma GX to hit for high numbers. Using Metagross GX to attack is also an option as well since you can clean up any damaged Pokémon with Ultra Necrozma GX's GX attack or just take K.O.s on Zorua/Rockfuff. The math works out almost perfectly against most decks (160 {discarding two [P] energy}+20 {Base damage}+30 {Choice Band}=210 {Zoroark GX, Golisopod GX, etc.}) not to mention Mimikyu picking up the slack VS. the upcoming Solgaleo GX (230 {Copycat on Sunsteel Strike}+30 {Choice Band}=260 {Solgaleo GX K.O.ed}).

Some techs I've thought of would be...

Beast Ring: Here is the text...
Beast Ring – Trainer
Item

You may only play this card when your opponent has 3 or 4 Prize cards remaining.
Search your deck for up 2 Basic Energy, reveal them, and attach them to 1 of your Ultra Beast Pokemon. Then, shuffle your deck.

... I think maybe one or two copies could find there way into this deck, but Metagross GX gets the job done anyways. Maybe throwing in Alolan Vulpix and letting them get K.O.ed can speed up the process to a point where you can use Beast Ring early.

Octillery: Since Buzzwole GX and Lycanroc GX decks are popular at the moment, I thought that taking advantage of their Brooklet Hill with Remoraid would be a helpful option.

Alolan Vulpix: Same as Remoraid with the Brooklet Hill idea, but it can also help set up Metagross GX while advancing Beast Ring (if it Beast Ring is inserted) after it is K.Oed.

Registeel: With Glaceon GX being a major threat to this deck, I believe that Registeel would be the best way to counter it as it can be used in other matchups as well.

Espeon EX: With Ultra Necrozma GX's GX move, you can spread damage on all of your opponent's Pokémon like Zoroark GX, Lycanroc GX, and other Evolutions. Espeon EX then comes in and cleans up against those decks with devolution.

Anyways, let me know what you think and if you have any ideas, thanks!

As a separate deck in general i think Lunala GX with it's infinite psychic energy flow onto UNGX could be a neat card to pair UNGX with.
I mean those are my thoughts.

As a separate deck in general i think Lunala GX with it's infinite psychic energy flow onto UNGX could be a neat card to pair UNGX with.
I mean those are my thoughts.

Maybe, I don't know how you would be able to accelerate energy onto Ultra Necrozma GX after discarding them, but maybe something could be put together. I think that Metagross GX works a lot better though as it recycles energy and isn't weak to Zoroark GX (like Lunala GX is).

Back