Ugh... Going at it again...(Gothitelle)

Azurial

Aspiring Trainer
So several friends and even my girlfriend have got me going to play battle roads on sunday. Going to try Gothitelle, again...

Now i have a few qeustions. On the Gym i have seen that something like 2 or three Gothtelle have won in a few areas (that was a while ago i'll admit). I dont feel that any of the lists are quite right and possibly lacking energy wise being so trainer heavy.

any ideas? I dont want to play babies as the deck all ready has 3-4 30 HPers in it and I was thinking of possibly some stall techs. I know its got a great match up against ZPST and Donphan. Is there anything it has a really difficult time against? I have played against a mew deck with it at league and its about 50/50, but I have tweaked a list since to where i like it and it seems much faster, but I want to do something different to it.

I need ideas for maxing out consistancy without going over 24-26 trainers and keeping the energy count at about 15

RE: Ugh... Going at it again...

Mew and Magnezone give Gothitelle the most problems. TyRam can as well if it sets up fast enough before you can get both Goth and Reun out.

I've played against a mewbox deck and it was about 50/50 depending on who sets up what faster. I know very little about any Magnezone builds right now and was considering tossing in a 101 line of Zone, but not sure how it would work out...

^Lol what? They have a basic that will OHKO you for 1 energy and you have a stage 2 that needs 3 energy to return the kill. The lock does nothing to them because they run Vileplume and furthermore, they can lock your trainers and snipe Solosis with Yanmega. If you don't run DCE they can Aipom lock your Reuniclus if you do set one up, or they can de-evolve rare candied things, reducing how much damage you can move around. What's not to go in their favor?

For the record, playing a matchup one time rarely gives you an accurate representation of how that will actually play out. You also have to factor in what might have been a bad start or bad player.

Mewpluff is tough. I've actually won 2 BR w/Gothitelle, and I can say that it is a great deck. It can beat Typhloram and anyother Reshiram varient anyday. I beat a ZPST which got a Boltstrike T1. Mew is the hardest, though. If there are alot of mews, either don't run it or run it with Tornadus. He can help. Tornadus+Zekrom = only hope in that matchup.

Nizolka33 said:
Mewpluff is tough. I've actually won 2 BR w/Gothitelle, and I can say that it is a great deck. It can beat Typhloram and anyother Reshiram varient anyday. I beat a ZPST which got a Boltstrike T1. Mew is the hardest, though. If there are alot of mews, either don't run it or run it with Tornadus. He can help. Tornadus+Zekrom = only hope in that matchup.

Any Reshi variant? Cause I am pretty sure any Reshiboar running RDL does some heavy damage, especially if they get it out before taking prizes and giving you access to twins. Not saying that is an auto win for RDL or even an advantage but it isn't auto win for Goth either

adamisclassy said:
Any Reshi variant? Cause I am pretty sure any Reshiboar running RDL does some heavy damage, especially if they get it out before taking prizes and giving you access to twins. Not saying that is an auto win for RDL or even an advantage but it isn't auto win for Goth either

RDL is extreamly difficult to get out under trainer lock but if you do I can move up Zeki w/120 damage on him, slap on a DCE, and use outrage for 140. I can also kill him w/another Goth. I normally set 1 up hitting low damage w/ catcher and later one w/ alot of energies that can sweep if the 1st dies, and RDL has weakness to psychic.
No match is an auto win/loss. But some decks have more good matchups than others.

Nizolka33 said:
RDL is extreamly difficult to get out under trainer lock but if you do I can move up Zeki w/120 damage on him, slap on a DCE, and use outrage for 140. I can also kill him w/another Goth. I normally set 1 up hitting low damage w/ catcher and later one w/ alot of energies that can sweep if the 1st dies, and RDL has weakness to psychic.
No match is an auto win/loss. But some decks have more good matchups than others.
Any good deck that has RDL in it runs Twins. Also, as said before, they won't attack unless they either have an OHKO or you don't have a Solosis on the field. So where are you getting that convenient 120 damage from? I'm not saying that RDL will win a match against the deck under normal circumstances, mostly because of its weakness, but it can do that if it gets out fast enough.

Celebi23 said:
^Lol what? They have a basic that will OHKO you for 1 energy and you have a stage 2 that needs 3 energy to return the kill. The lock does nothing to them because they run Vileplume and furthermore, they can lock your trainers and snipe Solosis with Yanmega. If you don't run DCE they can Aipom lock your Reuniclus if you do set one up, or they can de-evolve rare candied things, reducing how much damage you can move around. What's not to go in their favor?

For the record, playing a matchup one time rarely gives you an accurate representation of how that will actually play out. You also have to factor in what might have been a bad start or bad player.

i have played 6 matches and each match went prize for prize. it came down to who got the last KO. I normally play my build by setting up Reuniclus first, then setting up atleast 2 gothitelle in tandem and starting with Sigilyph 41 to start sniping benched stuff or reflecting.

Azurial said:
i have played 6 matches and each match went prize for prize. it came down to who got the last KO. I normally play my build by setting up Reuniclus first, then setting up atleast 2 gothitelle in tandem and starting with Sigilyph 41 to start sniping benched stuff or reflecting.

If you set up Reuniclus first it will usually be catchered up and killed, so tht's not a great idea. Waiting to set the lock up helps your opponent a lot too-therefore a better starter than Sigilyph would be cleffa or manaphy, who speed up the deck. And if a Goth/Reuniclus can keep up with a Mewbox, the Mewbox had to have been horribly unlucky, not played right or simply not a great build. Mewbox is a perfect counter to Goth/Reuniclus, outclassing it in every department when head-to-head.

Well, BRs is in 12 hours from now, gonna go get some sleep and wait for the Jankiness to unfold. Funny what we do for our friends and loved ones...

Mewbox is the worst matchup. However, due to the release of Kyurem, many mew owners are selling mew primes while they are still worth $$. At first, over 4 people in my division at my league ran Mewbox. Now no one does. Yayz.
BTW, yes, if they can't get the OHKO, most will still use blue flare/outrage in an attempt to put enough damage on the field to run me out of pokemon to move it to. Trust me, they do, but some people DO go that way and don't attack. But if you do get an RDL out w/4 energies in 1 turn, it can't have a rescue on it, so if I move up another Goth and kill it w/ 2 P energies, you're not going to have an easy time retrieving it, at least not fast enough for me to win after taking at least 3 prizes (one so you can twins, 2 for RDL) already, probably 4. And if you leave RDL on your bench, catcher.

You know that a Badboar can OHKO your Gothitelles as well, not just an RDL. Then, since you don't hit for weakness on the badboar, you can't OHKO back. Then they Fisherman/Energy Retrieval some energy back and OHKO your second Gothitelle. I highly doubt you will be able to set up a third Gothitelle before this happens (in fact, often you won't be able to set up a third Gothitelle at all). So, a good Reshiboar can beat Gothitelle/Reuniclus without trouble. So can anything with a Magnezone, or a Mewbox. Goth/Reuniclus just has way too many bad matchups (and if the only deck is the format with a true auto-loss) that I don't think its that great a choice unless the only thing in your area is stage 1 rush and Reshiphlosion, because those are basically the only things Goth/Reuniclus doesn't have a bad matchup against.

Dark Void said:
You know that a Badboar can OHKO your Gothitelles as well, not just an RDL. Then, since you don't hit for weakness on the badboar, you can't OHKO back. Then they Fisherman/Energy Retrieval some energy back and OHKO your second Gothitelle. I highly doubt you will be able to set up a third Gothitelle before this happens (in fact, often you won't be able to set up a third Gothitelle at all). So, a good Reshiboar can beat Gothitelle/Reuniclus without trouble. Goth/Reuniclus just has way too many bad matchups (and if the only deck is the format with a true auto-loss) that I don't think its that great a choice unless the only thing in your area is stage 1 rush and Reshiphlosion, because those are basically the only things Goth/Reuniclus doesn't have a bad matchup against.

WITHOUT TROUBLE?!?!
You, sir, have never played G/R w/Reshiboar, anc if you have, not a good one, because ANY good G/R will catcher any tepigs/pignites you set up after Abilityboar. If I kill your pignites and tepigs, good luck getting out Badboar w/out candies. BTW, my friend plays Reshiboar, and I beat him EVERY time. Don't tell me I don't know what I'm talking about.

G/R bad/hard matchups:
#1 Mewbox/pluff-fairly common, gettin rarer.
#2 Blastzel-rare
#3 Magneboar-uncommon
#4 Yanmega-zone IF they set up Magnezone and you can't set up another gothitelle-fairly common.

What does Kyurem have to do with Mewbox? Just be more careful about when you play your Mews...

Also, it's not easy to get a Goth up and running with 2+ Psychic Energy before I just evolve my Tepig/Pignite. It's not like Yanmega where you start spamming them T2 and can consistently hit 70 wherever you want. Most Goth lists only run 1 Catcher anyway.

Really? Then your whole perspective of G/R is out of wack. You don't play it, you haven't seen many lists, or good ones at least... (no G/R deck I have EVER seen runs less than 2 pokemon catcher)
No offense, but unless you are actually knowledgable about the deck, its list, and how it works, I see no point in arguing with you.
I don't doubt your ability to make theorymon, but really, why would I argue about how to play KYJ with someone who plays it when I never did and when I've only seen one or a few lists?
I know Reshiboar/Phlosion because I own them and built them, compared lists, tested them, ectra, as I did with G/R.
After you've done that, then argue w/me about how it should work and how battles should go. I know FOR A FACT that a good G/R player would never allow Badboar to hit the field, and in all my playtesting it has never happened. Like I said, I own Reshiboar, and it's common in my area, so I've tested against more than anyother deck.
If G/R was really as bad as you think it is, I would not play it. I admit it has some bad matchups, but it is good against many popular decks, s.a. ZPST and Reshiram varients. It is a good deck and I support it 100%, and no theorymon can change my mind. Not after my successful experience with it.
Nizolka33 OUT.
P.S. BTW, Kyurem 2 shots every Mew in play. Running a complete Mew deck would get really tough if Kyurem/Feraligatr, a hyped deck, gets popular. Of course, this is still theorymon, so we shall see...

Kyurem also 1 Shots Solosis' AND 2 Shots Gothirita's (Or whatever that basic is called)
And those people selling Mew Primes are stupid. Mew Prime gets a boost with Noble Victories and BW4.
Also meaning many people in your area are selling mew prime doesnt mean that, other people from other area's can show up with Mewbox varients in your area. Anything can happen.

Kyurem/Ferliagtr may be hype but it will not work. It has a bad matchup against nearly every single deck, except for maybe Mewbox. Nobody will run it because it is so bad, so it won't hurt Mewbox at all. However, Mewbox does get stuff like Eviolite with NV, helping it a ton. Selling your Mews before NV is just silly. So, you can't discount Mewbox because NV is coming out, if anything it should be more popular, which is worse for G/R.

Nizolka33 said:
Really? Then your whole perspective of G/R is out of wack. You don't play it, you haven't seen many lists, or good ones at least... (no G/R deck I have EVER seen runs less than 2 pokemon catcher)
No offense, but unless you are actually knowledgable about the deck, its list, and how it works, I see no point in arguing with you.
I don't doubt your ability to make theorymon, but really, why would I argue about how to play KYJ with someone who plays it when I never did and when I've only seen one or a few lists?
I know Reshiboar/Phlosion because I own them and built them, compared lists, tested them, ectra, as I did with G/R.
After you've done that, then argue w/me about how it should work and how battles should go. I know FOR A FACT that a good G/R player would never allow Badboar to hit the field, and in all my playtesting it has never happened. Like I said, I own Reshiboar, and it's common in my area, so I've tested against more than anyother deck.
If G/R was really as bad as you think it is, I would not play it. I admit it has some bad matchups, but it is good against many popular decks, s.a. ZPST and Reshiram varients. It is a good deck and I support it 100%, and no theorymon can change my mind. Not after my successful experience with it.
Nizolka33 OUT.
P.S. BTW, Kyurem 2 shots every Mew in play. Running a complete Mew deck would get really tough if Kyurem/Feraligatr, a hyped deck, gets popular. Of course, this is still theorymon, so we shall see...
If you want to have such heated arguments over children's card games, go over to 'gym.

I've seen Fulop's, G/R list, Tom's, my own, and various others. Obviously I've never seen a good list, because if I had why would I be arguing with you? Point taken.

I have some experience testing with every popular deck in the format, for the record.

Badboar is not hard to get out at all. If Yanmega can't consistently prevent it, Gothitelle certainly can't. The only time it won't get out is if it's prized or you go first and stumble your way into a Gothitelle before I take a prize. There are no facts in Pokemon. It's all luck. You could be the best Gothitelle player in the world and draw into a 4 Gothita, 2 Solosis and and energy then draw energy for the rest of the game. They'll probably get Badboar out then. You can't know for a fact that a Goth player will NEVER let Badboar hit the field.

What is your apparent success with this deck? The only tournaments it's been legal for are Battle Roads. And honestly, Battle Roads mean nothing. Half the good players don't even bother with them, and a lot of people go there just to have fun and not to play meta and win. I won't be impressed unless you're like 15-1 with the deck and have won 2-3 Battle Roads with it. Top cutting one Battle Road honestly means nothing.

P.S. Who in the world uses a straight Mew deck? Mew basically only sees play alongside Yanmega or alongside Cinccino/Tornadus. In these cases, you'll play down one Mew at a time. It's a basic using 1-energy attacks so there's no need to play multiples down. Most good Mew players already follow a similar rule just to conserve bench space for potentially more important stuff.

I can understand really liking a deck and trying to defend it, but sheesh... Calm down a little.

Celebi23 said:
If you want to have such heated arguments over children's card games, go over to 'gym.

If you want to troll, go to the 'gym.

I've seen Fulop's, G/R list, Tom's, my own, and various others. Obviously I've never seen a good list, because if I had why would I be arguing with you? Point taken.
Have you seen the G/R lists that are winning tournaments? (Where was Reshiboar at BR's?)

I have some experience testing with every popular deck in the format, for the record.
Then you have terrible testing partners if you don't see G/R as an even remotely viable deck, especially if you've never even seen a "good" list.

It's all luck. You can't know for a fact that a Goth player will NEVER let Badboar hit the field.
Then I'm fairly certain that gives you no right to say (in the same paragraph, mind you): "The only time it won't get out is if it's prized or you go first and stumble your way into a Gothitelle before I take a prize." If you want to be obnoxiously cocky about a children's card game, play Yu-Gi-Oh.

In conclusion:
[/b]sheesh... Calm down a little.

Back