U.S. Nationals 2014

ONE WEEK

still have no idea what to play #pokeproblems

I swear I'm going to 0-9 at this rate lol.

Blah said:
ONE WEEK

still have no idea what to play #pokeproblems

I swear I'm going to 0-9 at this rate lol.

Same
I was testing one deck out but after a terrible 1-3-1 performance at Tom Sheas 1k money tourney I decided that the deck wasn't living up to my standards.

5 DAYS

...and Blah may have found a deck more than 1 day before the tournament! It's a miracle!

Hay guys, i'm going to Nats this year for the first time. I'm a master and will be playing TCG. Ill be down there on Thursday and i'm running a Speed Heatmor deck. Just hopping to get below 100 or better then half the players. Any word of advice to a noob to Nats.

buckygamgee said:
Hay guys, i'm going to Nats this year for the first time. I'm a master and will be playing TCG. Ill be down there on Thursday and i'm running a Speed Heatmor deck. Just hopping to get below 100 or better then half the players. Any word of advice to a newbie to Nats.

Hey, you'll have a great chance vs.all the VirGen decks.

Well, have fun, don't go without drinking water/eating, have a sweatshirt, and good sleep.

Leaving on my flight soon! It's TOMORROW everyone! Wow.

If you want to say hi, look for the Ranger's backpack, which I will have on me at all times.

I just love being delayed for 4 hours waiting for my flight!
Hopefully leaving soon :(

Best of luck to all the PokéBeach Nationals participants! I'll be cheering you guys on. :D

Athena said:
Best of luck to all the PokéBeach Nationals participants! I'll be cheering you guys on. :D

Where was this luck when I needed it?!
4-2-1 isn't fun. D:

Edit: Nationals (Day 1) is over. Even though I had a strong start, still only finished 4-4-1.

Hey people, long time no see.
I made cut!
I finished at 7-2, 17th in the blue flight. Wish me luck!

I ended up playing Vir/Gen/Raichu, since it's what I'm most comfortable with. I went 6-3, getting top 128. I was 6-1, then lost 2 in a row, the ladder of which was because my opponent flipped 2 Catcher heads. :\ Oh well. I won my round 1 game because of Nuzzle, so I can't really complain about flips. :p

I went to the Championship Point Challenge on Saturday and went 5-1-3 (same point amount as the main event!), getting top 32. I just wanted the free playmat anyway. Looks really nice. So worth playing those 9 best-of-3 rounds. (But seriously, 9 rounds was way way waaaaaay too many for a side event).

Overall, I had loads of fun, like I always do at Nationals. Hope to see some of you at Worlds, and next year's Nats!

I scrubbed out REALLY hard, I didn't know my deck well enough. Also, ties.

However, I think the highlight of the tournament was winning a side event with Weavile and then getting 2nd in another, much larger side event.

I went 8-0-1 after tying my first round. I won 17 straight games with
Friggin manectric pyroar landorus lol. I lost in top 8 due to Jon eng being
really lucky. It's a shame because I would have auto won top 4 and lost to empoleon
in top 2. I played trevenant accelgor dusknoir flareon in a 64 man pod and the regional
thing and went 3-1 and 5-2 respectively, beating 3 virizion decks along the way.

Back