• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Tyranitar - you scrrrd? (Mst/State)

Is DGX worth it?

• Yes

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • No

Votes: 7 70.0%

• Total voters

Sensei

3rd Place Cities - T-Tar
I will finally share with you:

4-3-4 T-Tar Prime (2 SF Larvi, 2 UL --mountain eater-- Larvi. SF Pupitar)
Sableye SF x4
1-1 Dialga G X
Crobat G x2
Uxie x2
Azelf x1
Unown Q x1

BTS x2
PONT x3
Collector x2
Bebe's x1
Cyrus's Conspiracy x2
Seeker x1
Palmer's x1

Poke Turn x4
Warp Point x2
Expert Belt x2
Rare Candy x3
Luxury Ball x1

DCE x3
Special Dark x4
Dark x5
Metal x1

Yeeeah! Check it! Play it - love it.

The one obvious flaw I see there is that there is only 1 card to search for Pupitar or Tyranitar. How do you account for this massive weakness?

That is an obvious answer - look at the refresh power.

I suppose I could move something - and there are 2 ways to direct search the deck (luxury and Bebe's).

BTW, I love your signature image.

I don't see how 1 Seeker, 1 Palmer's, and 3 PONT help you that much...care to elaborate?
(I know there's 2 ways, but considering you run four Tyranitar Prime and 3 Pupitar, I'd think you'd run more than just 2 cards that could search for them.)
Thanks for the compliment, though.

Well, elaborate...
That won't do too much to help you understand. I've been playing for a while in a very competitive way - and I've got my own way of playing now. I can play the decks that I make - but if I hand them to other experienced players, they don't always do well.
Like this:
Luxchomp is arguably the BDIF, but only a very special select few players can play it well. This is also true for T-Tar. Even the best player in the world plays his own way. I could not play his deck, and he could not play mine (as well as me anyway).

I might change 3 PONT to 2 and add another Bebe's for player's consistency. This will help in the overall flow of the deck. Thank you for pointing that out to me.

This is just an idea anyway. My actual T-Tar deck is very private and does not deviate from pure darkness. There is no DGX - which is the whole idea behind the deck that I've just posted. I hope to make this an okay deck so I can tech it and play it like this at States.

I would throw in a Smeargle for even more supporter power, then, maybe some buffer piece to survive a Donphan's Earthquake. Although, that match up isn't gonna turn out well for you due to Exoskeletons. Maybe go 4-4-4 Tyranitar, and 3 Broken Time Space, that helps speed against Gengar and Vileploom decks, swapping out Rare Candy. No Pokemon Communication in a deck with 4 starters?

Tech in a 1-1 line of Umbreon UD -it works wonders... Of course, that would require some better searchers...

It is a pretty cool deck. It can be modified obviously. T-Tar is a strange, new kind of speed deck. I'd call it speedy because it does so much damage for a stage two - probably the most damage that one pokemon can do at such a low cost (it's not a difficult cost is what I mean). DGX helps with Scizor and other things. It is a silly thing, but can be proven useful if you played it with level max and communication. I threw this list together. Come up with a good TSS list and I'll post it.

Replace the 2 SF Larvitar with Mountain Eater. If you get that as your lead (not recommended), you can murder your opponent's topdeck.

~SS

Or give him a better one :)
There are the two because of the usefulness of the Mountain Eater and the convenience of a +10 weakness (which is dying out).

Back