• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Tyranitar owns HGSS-On

paultehcool

Darkness FTW!
POKEMON 21
3-3-3 Tyranitar prime
2-2 Zoroark BW
2-2 Mandibuzz BW
2-2 umbreon UD
S/T/ST 23
3 Prof Juniper
3 pokeball
2 switch
2 copycat
2 PONT
2 twins
2 interviewer's questions
2 PETM
3 pokemon communication
2 rare candy
ENERGY 16
4 sp {D}
12 {D}
First i try to get a zoroark out then use nasty plot to set up t tar and mandibuzz with t tar out ill use darkness howl if i see that my opponent is setting up something big or a support pokemon like reuniclus or serperior then switch to mandibuz to snipe them other than that though ill be using mostly megaton tail. Umbreon is a tech for donphan or any other pokemon that might be giving me trouble with pokebodies or powers and zoroark is mainly for set up and can be a tech to use against a zekrom or reshiram so t-tar wont get badly damaged trying to take one out.

Overall I agree; Tyranitar is an EXCELLENT deck in HGSS-on, and this list looks pretty close to what I'd be running as well. My only changes would be:
-6 Basic Dark
-2 Copycat
-3 Pokeball
+1 Communication
+1 Rare Candy
+3 Junk Arm
+4 DCE
+2 Rescue Energy

The deck has a lot of techs, and everything except Umbreon loves DCEs to bits. I think this is one deck I would actually *consider* Interviewer's Questions in, but I would seriously consider dropping those as well, likely for Smeargle.

The decision to not use Collector is interesting; how well is it working for you on the first couple of turns? I can understand why you'd consider not using it, but given how many evolutions you might draw into, Collecting for basics is a strong option.

Kittymew said:
Overall I agree; Tyranitar is an EXCELLENT deck in HGSS-on, and this list looks pretty close to what I'd be running as well. My only changes would be:
-6 Basic Dark
-2 Copycat
-3 Pokeball
+1 Communication
+1 Rare Candy
+3 Junk Arm
+4 DCE
+2 Rescue Energy

The deck has a lot of techs, and everything except Umbreon loves DCEs to bits. I think this is one deck I would actually *consider* Interviewer's Questions in, but I would seriously consider dropping those as well, likely for Smeargle.

The decision to not use Collector is interesting; how well is it working for you on the first couple of turns? I can understand why you'd consider not using it, but given how many evolutions you might draw into, Collecting for basics is a strong option.

Hey THanks for advice! yea I was going to add the rare candy and DCE and communication once i get my hands on them. I dont use collector because with all my hand refresh supporters I would already get enough basics as well as other cards I may need during my turn instead of just grabbing 3 basics and thats it. Also collectors will be a dead card late in game when I have my evolutions up. I use interviewers because ALOT of the time I played without it I barely drew any energy so T-tar couldnt attack it gets me frustrated! Anyways Thanks again for your suggestions!

I run a similar deck . Are you serious that interviewer's questions is helpful ? And junk arm ? Poke ball works ?

Even with Mandibuzz donphan will eat ttar up. All he'll need is one reg donphan to deal with umbreon. There's really no good donphan counter for dark decks. Since you need four energy and two plus power or two sp dark or a combo of them to ohko donphan you'll be having trouble. I must say I am not trying to discourage you from playing ttar because I run him myself. I just recommend you try getting two ttars up asap to deal with donphan while you stall with mandibuzz. But other than that the deck is great. Just really try to replace four {D} energy with DCEs. Good luck

Back