• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

tynachu (raichu tynamo)

to cleffa or not to cleffa, that is the question

• yes

Votes: 7 100.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

snorlax71

there's nothing wrong with a nap!
POKÉMON - 18

1 x Cleffa (HGSS)
4 x Pikachu (promo)
4 x Raichu Prime (UD)
3 x Tynamo (#38) (NV)
3 x Eelektrik (NV)
3 x Thundrus (EP)

TRAINER - 26

4 x Pokémon Collector
4 x Sage
4 x Poke comm
4 x Engineer's Adjustments
4 x junk arm
2 x Switch
1 x Max Potion
3 x Plus Power
2 x Super rod

ENERGY - 14

14 - Electric

Start with thunda and junk/eng./Sage To get energy in the discard to attach during Turn 2. (hopefully) Have elly and raichu up, switch out and pull energy from the bench and hit for 120 plus with plus power. Repeat as needed.

Not sold on cleffa yet. Could take her out and bump to a fisherman/energy retrevial? That way have energy to junk again. Thoughts?

Damn I never even though of pairing Raichu with eelektrik. I really like this deck and your list looks pretty solid. Would say maybe make some room for a catcher or two, but overall not really any complaints on my end.

Been waiting a while to put this baby together. Tried the pachi route and to much to have to make it work. Catcher is a good idea. What to remove is the question. Max potion or super rod maybe.

Id probably ditch super rod personally, since having energy in your discard pile probably won't be an issue with Eelektrik.

Rod is also for recovery more so than energy. Raichu can get ko'ed fairly easy. That's why I'm leaning to the max potion since it really isn't difficult to hit for 100 in this format, potion really might not be the play.
I do like it though since the energy will be off of raichu already, max potion, motodrive, and voltage increase.

I agree that this deck needs catcher. You are playing too many sage's because you don't want to discard that much. Also that single max potion isn't needed. You also don't need that much energy because you will recycle all energy used. I suggest these changes:

-1 Max potion
-1 Sage's Training
-2 Electric Energy

+4 Catcher

Catcher will help get some of those cheap kills and is needed in the deck becuase of raichu's low hp compared to other attackers in the meta.

You should play Tornadus over Thundurus. You need a donphan counter and what better counter is there than someone who can use any energy?

Sleeping Snorlax said:
You should play Tornadus over Thundurus. You need a donphan counter and what better counter is there than someone who can use any energy?

Oh yeah I didn't notice that, I thought he was using tornadus. I agree here, Tornadus is the better choice. I also think that because you run 3 backup attackers (thunderus or tornadus, which ever you choose) you don't really need 4 raichu and pikachus.

-3 Thunderus
-1-1 Raichu

+3 Tornadus
+2 Professor Oak's New Theory (hand refresh is always nice)

Wouldn't donphan just catcher up anything I have and one shot it? Also dropping a sage might hurt consistency/draw.
So far cleffa should be kept huh? No a fan of it after I think about it. I know switch is in, but if its in the active asleep, I might not make it out alive.

Too much sage's hurts more than helps the deck in my opinion. You would need to test your list to see if it works obviously. I may make it and test on playtcg if that's ok. Cleffa is there to set up but if you personally don't like it, take it out. It's all about preference. Don't just take out cleffa because you don't like it, test first and then decide what works. I suggest keep cleffa because it is a lot of help setting up or in case of a band start. Hope this helps, good luck.

~bija

Back