Ruling Two Reuniclus BW questions

Brendan

Hi there
57-reuniclus.jpg

First off while I am getting ready for states I am trying to clarify a few things.

My first question is can I use Damage Swap to knock out one of my own Pokemon? For example, Donphan is my active and has 10 hp left, I move one damage counter from Reuniclus onto Donphan. Is that a legal move/counts as a knockout for my opponent correct?

Next, Damage Swap states I can move one damage counter to one of my other Pokemon as many times during my turn as I'd like. Do I have to state each time I'd like to use Damage Swap or can I just simply state I'd like to move 6 counters from Reuniclus onto my Donphan.

Ok, for your first question, You may knock out your own pokemon with damage swap.

For question two, you need to keep in mind that even if you are moving 6 damage counters from one Pokemon to another, you are only moving one at a time. So, if your Donphan only has 10 HP left and you move a damage counter onto it, it will be knocked out, but (again if the Donphan has 10 HP left) you may not move all six onto him because you can only move one at a time. So Donphan will be knocked out before you get to move another counter. When using damage swap, you don't really have to say it for every single counter that you move. Just let your opponent know by saying something like "Hey, I'm going to use damage swap and move this 110 damage from my Donphan onto my fully healed benched Zekrom." or something like that. Again, keep in mind you can not overkill your own pokemon with Damage swap.

My first question is can I use Damage Swap to knock out one of my own Pokemon? For example, Donphan is my active and has 10 hp left, I move one damage counter from Reuniclus onto Donphan. Is that a legal move/counts as a knockout for my opponent correct?
Yes you may. In that case, you knock out your Donphan, replace your Active Pokemon if necessary, and your opponent takes a Prize card. Then, continue you turn.

Next, Damage Swap states I can move one damage counter to one of my other Pokemon as many times during my turn as I'd like. Do I have to state each time I'd like to use Damage Swap or can I just simply state I'd like to move 6 counters from Reuniclus onto my Donphan.
For ease of convenience you do not have to state it each individual time, but at least state when you're going to start using Damage Swap. (Keep in mind that you can only move 1 damage counter at a time - you can't move 7 damage counters to something with 50 HP left and knock it out; you could only move 5 there.)

edit: grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I got outsped by a freaking SNORLAX

Back