Ruling two questions

Shiftyenio

Aspiring Trainer
1.- if I use Shiftry`s Poke Power Darkness Fan on Gengar Lv X, remove only Lv X or Lv X and previos level???

2.- If attach Unown G (guard) on pokemon in my bench, prevent effects on this pokemon???? prevent feint attack????

#1. Shiftrys Power Removes the Lv.x as well as the Previous Level.

#2. If your referring to this attack or something similar...
Code:
 Feint Attack - Choose 1 of your opponent's Pokemon. This attack does 40 damage to that Pokemon. This attack's damage isn't affected by Weakness, Resistance, Poke-Powers, Poke-Bodies, or any other effects on that Pokemon.
Feint attack is not prevented because it is damage not damage counters.

if it was like Gengar SF Shadow room attack...
Code:
Shadow Room - Put 3 damage counters on 1 of your opponent's Pokemon. If that Pokemon has any Poke-Powers, put 6 damage counters on that Pokemon instead.
Then this attack is prevented because it is damage counters, not damage.

1. Whenever something affects the highest-stage evolution of a Pokemon that has leveled up, it affects the highest stage evolution as well as the Lv. X Pokemon.

2. Even though it doesn't say damage in large numbers next to the attack name, it still is considered damage because it says 40 damage. Damage counters are not damage, and hence, they are prevented by Unown G.

mmm, but I dont understood, because Feint Attact is effect, and I knew that unown prevent this attack if Pokemon attach G is active pokemon

An effect in an attack is - Damage Counters, Special Conditions, switching

If the card has Damage Actually printed on the attack (ex. 50, 60, 70, 80, 100) then unown G Cannot prevent it.

------ Here are some examples

Dusknoirs SF Damage Even Attack States...
Code:
Count the Number of damage Counters on Dusknoir, put that many Damage Counters on one of your opponents pokemon.
^ This attack can be prevented if you have Unown G on your Pokemon.

Empoleons MD Dual Splash Attack States...
Code:
Choose 2 of your opponents pokemon, this attack does 30 damage to each of them, (dont apply weakness and resistance for benched pokemon)
This attack cannot be prevented by unown G Because it does actual damage in its attack not damage counter

Back