• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Two Minutes to Midnight (Hippopotas/Sandslash)

legolover322

Aspiring Trainer
While browsing through the Ultra Prism card scans, I had the intention of concocting a glorious new deck that would single-handedly break the format. I wanted to construct a deck that would make every single pro player quiver and quake in their boots. I wanted to create a brand new awe-inspiring deck that had the capacity to shake the very plane that is otherwise known as "the metagame". And then I saw it; the one card to rule them all: Hippopotas! Stepping out from the shadows of his older brother Hippowdon, this incredible deck is forty percent likely to crush your opponent every time! Here it is:

##Pokémon - 10

* 4 Hippopotas UPR 68
* 3 Alolan Sandshrew UPR 28
* 3 Alolan Sandslash GRI 20

##Trainer Cards - 36

* 4 Enhanced Hammer GRI 124
* 4 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 3 Super Rod DRV 20
* 4 Crushing Hammer LTR 111
* 2 N DEX 96
* 4 Scorched Earth PRC 138
* 2 Maintenance EVO 79
* 2 Professor's Letter XY 123
* 2 Random Receiver DEX 99
* 4 Ultra Ball FLF 99
* 2 Pal Pad UPR 132
* 2 Escape Rope PLS 120
* 1 Counter Catcher CIN 91

##Energy - 14

* 4 Double Colorless Energy EVO 90
* 10 Fighting Energy TK-Excadrill 2

Total Cards - 60

Strategy:
Above all else, draw through your deck as fast as possible. Use things like Sycamore, Scorched Earth, Sandslash, Random Receiver, and Ultra Ball to try to wipe your deck down to three cards. Then, use some shuffle-based cards in order to keep the deck count at three; Pal Pad, Super Rod, Maintenance, and N all come into play here. Remember, if you shuffle too much, just use Sandslash. Finally, use cards such as Escape Rope, Counter Catcher, and Hammers to disrupt your opponent as much as possible.

I would like some help on this deck. What are some cards that allow me to get through my deck faster? What about an alternate attacker? Thank you for your support.

Interesting deck idea, although the name gave me a cold shiver (current Doomsday Clock setting and all). I think instead of Sandslash, try using Zoroark. I say that because it can hit for big numbers on DCE while you set up and still provides a way to wear down your deck space. Another consideration is Oranguru ULP and its resource management attack (add three cards from discard to the bottom of your deck) to provide a somewhat more reliable way to keep your numbers around 3 in the deck. You might also consider a Fighting Fury Belt to give Hippopotas some more health and power, and maybe strong energy, too (SE+FFB+3 or fewer cards=210 damage, enough to KO a lot of relevant GXs). For even more fun, try taking a cue from Buzzwole/Lycanroc and stick a Regirock EX in there to add more power to your punch.

I don't see this being a highly competitive deck, but it does seem like a really fun deck idea. Hope it works out!

I agree, try Zoroark.
And Sandslash.
Also, where’s Hau?
You need Hau.
Also, you need Psychic’s Third Eye. That’d be good.
-2 N
-2 Super Rod
-2 Fighting Energy

+ 2/2 Zoroark GX
+ 2 Psychic’s Third Eye
+ Please find some space for Hau.

Back