• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Turbo Lance (M Manectric EX / Raikou)

porkchop

Aspiring Trainer
Pokémon:
  • 3 M Manectric EX - Phantom Forces
  • 4 Manectric EX - Phantom Forces
  • 3 Raikou - Breakthrough
  • 1 Magnezone EX - Flashfire
  • 2 Shaymin EX - Roaring Skies
  • 1 Hoopa EX - Ancient Origins
Supporters/Trainers/Stadiums:
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 1 Judge
  • 2 Professor Birch's Observations
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 1 Xerosic
  • 1 Hex Maniac
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 1 Sacred Ash
  • 3 Battle Compressor
  • 3 Trainers' Mail
  • 1 Startling Megaphone
  • 2 Float Stone
  • 3 Manectric Spirit Link
  • 4 Rough Seas
Energy:
  • 10 Lighting Energy
Strategy:

This deck should attempt to go first. Start with a Manectric EX active, is possible. On your first turn, attach a lightning energy to Manectric EX and try to put down another Manectric EX and/or Raikou, and possibly a Magnezone EX, but only if your are playing against a Night March deck. Magenzone EX, being able to spread 50 damage to two of your opponent's Pokémon, it is a great Night March counter. Use any Battle Compressors to discard Lightning Energies from your deck to prepare for next turn. On your second turn, try to attach a Manectric Spirit Link to Manectric EX and Mega Evolve it. Attach another energy to the now M Manectric EX and use Turbo Bolt, attaching your energy to either your benched Raikou or Manectric EX, whichever one seems fit for your situation. Continue attaching energies, using Battle Compressors, and using Turbo Bolt until you seem fit for your situation, depending on if you want major damage with Raikou's Thunder Lance, or if you just want the constant 110 damage from Turbo Bolt.

-1 Magnezone ex
-2 Shaymin ex
-1 Hoopa ex

These cards aren't really neccesary. you should be fine without Magnezone, as that card can't keep up with night march anyway. Might as well just use overrun twice.
Hoopa really is only good if you have Shaymin, which you also don't need if you have these:
+2 Remoraid Breakthrough
+2 Octillery Breakthrough.
These are your replacements for shaymin. The ability lets you draw until you get 5 every turn, rather than just once, they only give up one prize, and they benefit from rough seas. Downside is it's harder to get them out turn 1-2, which is a bummer.

Just a minor draw support tweak to a deck that doesn't seem to have anything wrong with it. gl with this deck!

I am currently running a very similar deck, and I find having a single copy of pikachu ex for late game mega KOs is very helpful. Also, without muscle bands, your energy math does not work out quite as well for having both raikous out at once. lets assume You have 1 M manectric powered up (2 energy), so for OHKOs on 170 hp EXs you need six energy on one raikou, or five with band. Without the band, you dont have enough energy to even get the second raikou powered up. while this might not be a problem for you, I prefer to have at least 2 backup attackers ready at all times.

I like your idea about adding the Pikachu EX, but the only problem I have with that is that it only has 130 HP, so it can be knocked out pretty quickly, giving up an easy two prizes for my opponent. Also, I con't think I would really want to take out the Hoopa EX and the Shaymin EXs because they have actually helped me in my play testing. Without them, I would have been stuck for a couple turns, and with a M Manectric EX deck, I'm pretty sure you never want to get stuck. And although Octillery benefits from Rough Seas, I don't sea a situation where Octillery will actually need Rough Seas, because of all the high damage attackers in the Meta Game right now. And as you said, it is harder to get out, so it takes up more room, and I do run the risk of just starting with a Remoraid, which only has 60 HP, so that will get Knocked Out pretty easily. You may say that I already have a risk of starting with Shaymin EX. Although that is true, it has 110 HP versus Remoraid's 60, so it could possibly survive hits longer, and it also could use Sky Return once I get some other Benched Pokémon so I can actually use it again. I just see Octillery being a bit slower than Shaymin EX because you have to search (or draw) two cards to make it work versus just one.

Don't forget that Lugia EX is a very good attacker when energized by M-Manectric EX.
This card will be able to beat Aegislash and a lot of other Pokémons in the OHKO race ;)

I have considered using a Lugia EX in this deck, but I don't really know what to take out. Also, Raikou is just like Lugia EX, just does less damage if your opponent's Active Pokémon has more than 2 energy. It also gives up only one prize instead of the two from Lugia EX, so I didn't really see that as a major thing to put in. If you have any suggestions on anything that I could take out for that, then I'm willing to hear them.

Back