• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Turbo Darkrai for regionals

Dalton

Aspiring Trainer
i am headed to St Louis regionals and want some deck advice. At my local league I went 3-0-2 in a expanded League Challenge and a misplay cost me. I lost round 5 at ttable 1 and got 3rd instead of 1st. Well to the list itself.

3 Darkrai EX BKP
1 Darkrai EX DEX
1 Yveltal EX XY
1 Mewtwo EX NXD
1 Yveltal XY
1 Yveltal BKT
2 Shaymin EX ROS

11 Dark Energy

4 Ultra Ball
4 VS Seeker
4 Max Elixir
4 Dark Patch
3 Trainer's Mail
3 Battle Compressor
1 Computer Search
1 Float Stone
2 Exp. Share

4 Professor Juniper
2 N
2 Lysandre
1 Colress
1 Karen

2 Parallel City
1 Reverse Valley

I wanted to add in Maxie but could not find room. Any help would be great. The only thing I wish I had, but don't is a Malamar EX. I also considered switching a Shaymin for Jirachi but thought it was not needed without Maxie. Thanks in advance.

First of all, very nice list.

I'd suggest incorporating a

• Pokémon Ranger as a counter to opponents' running 'Toad and/or Jolteon EX, and a
  • Hex Maniac as a counter Vileplume and Trevenant.
Personally, I like Yveltal (BKT) too much not to run 2, but that's a personal preference.

Best of luck (except when we play against each other - lol) in Collinsville.

Last edited:
Looks like a really good list i dont have a lot of advice but junk hunt sableye could be usefull and the other thing is lasers are typically super important and you play 0 i dont k NJ ow what to even potentially change but both could benifit you

First of all, very nice list.

I'd suggest incorporating a

• Pokémon Ranger as a counter to opponents' running 'Toad and/or Jolteon EX, and a
  • Hex Maniac as a counter Vileplume and Trevenant.
Personally, I like Yveltal (BKT) too much not to run 2, but that's a personal preference.

Best of luck (except when we play against each other - lol) in Collinsville.

I agree with everything here. Including (especially) the point about Yveltal (BKT). That is a highly disruptive and powerful card. 2 shotting a benched Shaymin is nothing to sneeze at in a field that is going to see some new tricks in Collinsville. Killing tools is going to be pretty huge as well. I think a 2 count of that card and dropping the other Yveltal is a must personally. You have so much energy acceleration already that the disruption / bench damage is probably more important.

Have you considered a Dragonair/ Darkrai deck, so you can attach unlimited energy per turn

I like your list, especially as a first time Turbo Dark Expanded player (just bought all the cards last night on TCGP). Please share with us your experience!

Back