• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Turbo Dark

It2Zoroark

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon x9
4x Darkrai EX BKP
2x Shaymin EX ROS
1x Yveltal EX XY
1x Hoopa EX AOR
1x Sableye DEX

T/S/S x39
4x Professor Sycamore
2x N
2x Lysandre
1x Colress
1x Hex Maniac
3x Alter of the Moone
4x Ultra Ball
4x Dark Patch
4x VS Seeker
4x Max Elixir
4x Trainer's Mail
1x Computer Search
3x Choice Band
1x Professor's Letter
1x Startling Megaphone

Energy x12
10x Darkness Energy
2x Double Colorless Energy

Anyone else playing expanded Turbo Dark? Did I miss anything that should be in here?

Last edited:
First you can't run 5 Darkrai EX, so you'd have to cut 1 of them. Also I would run at least 2 of a stadium or stadium removal.

First you can't run 5 Darkrai EX, so you'd have to cut 1 of them. Also I would run at least 2 of a stadium or stadium removal.
Is that because they are all called "Darkrai EX"? Because it's a combination of 2 different iterations of Darkrai EX. If that is the case then i'll run a 3-1 split instead. Which stadium would be best to play? I do like that Alter of the Moone. I could play that and be able to cut the DEX Darkrai all together. Solve both problems?

Is that because they are all called "Darkrai EX"? Because it's a combination of 2 different iterations of Darkrai EX. If that is the case then i'll run a 3-1 split instead. Which stadium would be best to play? I do like that Alter of the Moone. I could play that and be able to cut the DEX Darkrai all together. Solve both problems?

When I play against this deck, I most frequently see some combination of Parallel City, Reverse Valley, or Silent Lab. All three have different uses, but I can honestly say I have found Silent Lab or Parallel to be harder to play around. @Darkness3827 is going to have a better sense of this, but it has been my experience on the other end that I don't usually see Turbo Darkrai struggle to hit the numbers needed to OHKO in expanded making Reverse Valley kind of a "gravy" card. Also, a TON of Yveltal decks run Parallel City, making it both a great play (they are stuck with it) and a risky play (you can't get rid of it). So typically, I see a mix out of the Darkrai decks.

Also, I would dump the energy switch and the exp share. Energy switch is flat out unnecessary. You are trying to blow people out of the water ASAP. I think it is a fun card, but ultimately will get in the way. It "feels" like a water box approach to a Darkrai deck. It can work, but most of the reason it is used in water box is because the attack cost is so much higher for most of those mons. I would dump the exp share because chances are very high you aren't going to keep that tool in expanded (and soon in standard TBH). Your primary energy saver is dark patch. It helps for accelerating as well, but it really shines for late game wins.

I would add 2 float stones (I run Yveltal / Toads a ton and while that dark attachment to Keldeo is fine, you are better off with a float stone if you can attach it and save the attachment for one of your Dark mons). I would also drop 1 choice band and add 2 fighting fury belts for a 2-2-2 (choice, fury, float) tool line. That is probably a bit heavy, but in expanded, 180 HP is pretty squishy. Yeah, the extra 30 damage gets you out of things faster, but if you play something like night march, that extra 30 doesn't do any good, but the extra 40 HP on your Darkrai plays huge.

I agree in cutting the Energy Switch, it isn't a very helpful card, I would much rather remove those for either stadiums or a 4th VS Seeker and Trainer's Mail. EXP Share is a bit more debatable. I could see keeping it but I think there are other cards that would help more. This is especially true with Megaphone in Expanded and the release of Field Blower. As for what stadium to run, Altar of the Moone looks pretty good and is prolly the one I would go with. As you mentioned they are a good alternative for running B/W Darkrai and Keldeo. Fighting decks aren't super big in expanded, but you could run Shadow Circle if you find weakness to be hurting often. Parallel city is also a good option. As for Reverse Valley I really don't think 10 damage does enough to warrant it being in the deck. Silent Lab I really dislike in this deck as it cuts off the abilities of B/W Darkrai, Keldeo, Hoopa, and Shaymin.

Changes I would make:
+ 3 Altar of the Moone
+ 1 VS Seeker
+ 1 Trainer's Mail
+ 1 Darkrai BKP

- 2 Energy Switch
- 2 Darkrai B/W
- 1 Keldeo
- 1 EXP Share

@Darkness3827 @Fayld I appreciate both of your inputs! I do like all of the suggestions provided. 3x AotM allows me to make space for better options. I will update the list!

Bump

Last edited:
Back