• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Turbo Buzzwole 2.0

1ronhead

Aspiring Trainer
I posted a turbo buzzwole deck last time, and I didn't expect that a deck with the similar idea finished top 5 in London. So I made a few changes based on my orignal list, the top 5 list, and you guys' replies for my last post. I will talk about these changes in details.

I personally think lycanroc is not needed in this deck, because you play four copies of guzma anyway, and bench space is very tight. Dangerous Rouge gx is a good attack, but I don't see it as really necessary in this deck (the damage output of buzzwole is enough). Instead, I think a second copy of regirock-ex could potentially be good, since it lets your buzzwole hit for 230 with only one strong energy and choice band.

I think a second Tapu LeLe and Lillie, in turn, adds a lot of consistency to this deck. And without the Lycanroc line, super rod seems more appropriate than rescue stretcher. Also, I change one float stone to switch, simply because it gives you the option to retreat your active pokemon with a choice band on it.

Finally, several people asked me about the inclusion of the non-ex regirock last time. It is simply for ninetales and hoopa. The reason why I use it over non-ex zygarde is that it still one-shots baby ninetales and hoopa without hurting your own bench. Except that, I think the two cards are pretty much the same.

So here is my new list, which works pretty well during testing. Tell me what you guys think.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 14

* 4 Buzzwole-GX CIN 104
* 1 Regirock PR-SM SM74
* 2 Regirock-EX FCO 43
* 1 Zygarde-EX FCO 54
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 137
* 2 Remoraid BKT 32
* 2 Octillery BKT 33

##Trainer Cards - 33

* 4 Professor Sycamore STS 114
* 4 N FCO 105
* 1 Lillie SUM 147
* 3 Brooklet Hill GRI 120
* 1 Switch SUM 160
* 1 Super Rod BKT 149
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 161
* 2 Float Stone BKT 137
* 4 Guzma BUS 143
* 3 Choice Band BUS 162
* 2 Field Blower GRI 163
* 4 Max Elixir BKP 102

##Energy - 13

* 4 Strong Energy FCO 115
* 9 Fighting Energy GRI 169

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

I forget to mention that I also adds a second copy of field blower, because I think the deck kinda relies on abilities a lot.

I would suggest using the Geostrike Zygarde from Fates Collide instead of Regirock. But great deck! I think you always want 10 basic energy at least if playing Elixir though.

I would suggest using the Geostrike Zygarde from Fates Collide instead of Regirock. But great deck! I think you always want 10 basic energy at least if playing Elixir though.
I agree with the Fates Collide Zygarde. It's definitely better as it hits for 120 and has the option of attacking with 2 energy. The 10 damage to your bench is never really a problem.
9 energy is fine with max elixir. the two lists that made top 32 @ London ran 9 energy with elixir.
Other than that, the list looks fine. I might cut a couple sycamore for a 4th choice band & rescue stretcher/field blower. When you run heavy octillery line, you find yourself not wanting to sycamore as much as you would think.

I agree with the Fates Collide Zygarde. It's definitely better as it hits for 120 and has the option of attacking with 2 energy. The 10 damage to your bench is never really a problem.
9 energy is fine with max elixir. the two lists that made top 32 @ London ran 9 energy with elixir.
Other than that, the list looks fine. I might cut a couple sycamore for a 4th choice band & rescue stretcher/field blower. When you run heavy octillery line, you find yourself not wanting to sycamore as much as you would think.
That makes sense. I forgot that the zygarde had a 2-energy attack. My original problem with the 10 damage to the bench was that it made your 190 hp pokemon to 180 hp, which was a ohko number for a lot of pokemons.

Yeah, I will probably change to the zygarde now. But I think 9 fighting is enough, though. It is not like the silvally deck, which needs you to have energy in the discard pile.

I definitely support using the Regirock from CRI over the Fates Collide Zygarde. I made that same change when I played the deck last week and felt it was better for the same reasons you listed. I also found myself Max Elixir-ing onto it more than once because 110 damage before any boosts from Strong Energy and Choice Band is really good for a one-prize attacker, especially when it OHKOs Zoroark GX and Drampa GX. I get that Zygarde has a two energy attack, but are you really going to use it? I feel like if I start with it, I'm going to try and get a Buzzwole GX on the bench Turn 1 and starting attaching to that instead, and you play more than enough switching cards to get it out of the active. I feel like the 10 damage to your bench can come into play later in the game and shouldn't be shrugged off. That's just my opinion though.

I actually think your list looks good as it is. There's nothing I would personally change. I do like Lycanroc GX a lot in the deck though, mainly for it's more reliable GX attack, but I get why you didn't include it.

I definitely support using the Regirock from CRI over the Fates Collide Zygarde. I made that same change when I played the deck last week and felt it was better for the same reasons you listed. I also found myself Max Elixir-ing onto it more than once because 110 damage before any boosts from Strong Energy and Choice Band is really good for a one-prize attacker, especially when it OHKOs Zoroark GX and Drampa GX. I get that Zygarde has a two energy attack, but are you really going to use it? I feel like if I start with it, I'm going to try and get a Buzzwole GX on the bench Turn 1 and starting attaching to that instead, and you play more than enough switching cards to get it out of the active. I feel like the 10 damage to your bench can come into play later in the game and shouldn't be shrugged off. That's just my opinion though.

I actually think your list looks good as it is. There's nothing I would personally change. I do like Lycanroc GX a lot in the deck though, mainly for it's more reliable GX attack, but I get why you didn't include it.
Totally agree. That is what I was thinking. But I just feel either one would be fine. And the real focus should be the other cards lol.

Back