Tsunami in Hawaii?

ErikH526

Time to tip the scales!
Will they locate Worlds 2010 somewhere else? Since the earthquake in Chile and the most likely tsunami in Hawaii?

I haven't heard much about it, but surely the tsunamis would not affect the Worlds since we still have many, many months until the Worlds.

Gliscor said:
I haven't heard much about it, but surely the tsunamis would not affect the Worlds since we still have many, many months until the Worlds.
I think he means, will it affect the Hotel, maybe wreck it down(it's right near the ocean...)

Possibly. The tsunami would make them have to rebuild a ton; maybe the hotel you're staying in. They'd also have to pump out all that water.

No offense (and I'm probably just stupid) but I think the tsunami/earthquake happened in like 2004 right? I'm sure the tournament location is fine, considering they scheduled this after the tsunami (if it's right) and a lot of people have already booked reservations. Considering Nationals is just a few months away and they give travel awards then it's kind of late to change it.

Yeah, who cares that a major life-threatening disaster just hit Hawaii. Pokemon is all that counts!

I'm sure they'll either book a different hotel or move it to California/Florida again if it's a problem, but there shouldn't be anything to worry about. Except, you know, for the people who are in danger over there. Oh wait, Pokemon, that's right.

I hope they move it to Indianapolis....
That'd be awesome, if they moved it though probably to california since they haven't had worlds in a while..
pokemon is ALL that matters.

CFOURCOLTSFAN said:
That'd be awesome, if they moved it though probably to california since they haven't had worlds in a while..
Uhhhh.... Last year 0.o san diego(I was there, I should know) And no, pokemon isn't all that matters

Lol Worlds was in CA lat year and I hope it comes back but farther North than San Diego I'd like a chance of going...

I know but California was most recent....
So it would make sense to put it in Florida, I mean only
Hawaii, California and Florida have hosted worlds :p
So if California had it last year they would have to put in Florida...
(also henry we should start posting in oh states thread again...)

Hopefully if they move it then it will be in california again. Then I could probably attend the last chance qualifier.

Yep, Hawaii missed the huge waved and got smaller ones instead. No damage being reported. Can't say the same for Santiago, Concepcion an the like. But Hawaii's fine.

Ummm, the tsunami, its going to hit Japan.

and with Chile, they're saying the Quake in Haiti was alot worse, so yea its bad, its not that bad.

PheonyxXx said:
Ummm, the tsunami, its going to hit Japan.

and with Chile, they're saying the Quake in Haiti was alot worse, so yea its bad, its not that bad.

Maybe we'll have some easier competition at worlds then! lols

I thought that this was worse than the one in Haiti. There hasn't been a quake with a magnitude of 8.8 in years!!

Back