• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Tsareena-GX Deck

Sanajeh

Aspiring Trainer
Hi All,
Can you give me some advice on this deck (after a new rotation - SUM+)? I think damage 190 only for 2 energies ([G][C][C]) is pretty good.

#Pokémon - 14

* 4 Bounsweet SUM 18
* 2 Steenee SUM 19
* 3 Tsareena-GX PR-SM SM56
* 3 Nihilego-GX CIN 49
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 155

##Trainer Cards - 36

* 4 Cynthia UPR 148
* 4 Rare Candy SUM 129
* 4 Super Scoop Up BUS 124
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125
* 1 Escape Board UPR 122
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 1 Lillie UPR 125
* 1 Pokémon Fan Club UPR 133
* 4 Switch SUM 132
* 4 Guzma BUS 115
* 2 Acerola BUS 112
* 2 Olivia BUS 119
* 3 Choice Band GRI 121

##Energy - 10

* 4 Double Colorless Energy SUM 136
* 6 Grass Energy

interesting deck idea, the only problem i see is Nihilego confuses both active pokemon so you would have to flip a coin to attack. You could play that stadium card that prevents confusion but it doesn't survive rotation. If i may offer a suggestion, check out shiftry-gx. It is actually pretty similar as it also hits 180 for a grass and DCE

There is a switch for retreating your active Pokemon. The new one is not confused anymore. There should be promo Tapu Koko for much more easier combo. BTW, to have same number of cards is more difficult to do, I think, then leave your opponent confused and retreat.

Last edited:
180 for [G][C][C] is pretty good you are right. Especially since they must be confused, and that puts an opponent with the common 210hp on their last 30 and a nasty decision to risk.

I have been toying around with this lately and found a good partner in baby Noivern (FLI), and more importantly, discard-Noibat (FLI). You might consider giving them a spin? Noivern operates on the same confusion increases damage principle, and can cause confusion with the first attack. Noibat discards items, which works well alongside baby Tsareena, and a disruptive build of Delinquents, Mars, Red Cards, Hammers etc. I particularly like the new Stadiums Lysnadre Labs & Sea of Nothingness for the Delinquent fodder. Turn off float stone & evolution ways to shake confusion. Chaos Tower is also a good option if you are taking the Niheligo approach.

Opening with a Noibat is preferred while you start building up your Tsareena on the bench, along with a DCE. Play a high N count, possibly Wicke too - you want your opponent to have item cards in hand and not have the chance to use them.

I use two of each Tsareena-GX & baby Tsareena, but try to time the babies rather than attempting to spam them. With any luck, your opponent is crippled most turns either through confusion or lack of a hand which allows you the time to build up to the punishing numbers she is capable of.

Good luck!

Chaos Tower is rotated out.
Dawn Wings Necrozma-GX will not be so easy to retreat without float stone.
Big Malasada is great idea. Even better then Switch to Tapu Koko, use Empty Light and retreat.

Back