• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Trying to beat Alolan Ninetails

lokie11

Aspiring Trainer
****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 12

* 1 Drampa-GX GRI 142
* 1 Flareon-EX GEN 106
* 1 Volcanion STS 25
* 1 Tapu Koko PR-SM SM31
* 1 Necrozma-GX BUS 63
* 1 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60
* 1 Trubbish BKP 56
* 1 Garbodor BKP 57
* 2 Alolan Vulpix GRI 21
* 2 Volcanion-EX STS 26

##Trainer Cards - 28

* 2 Acerola BUS 112
* 1 Wally ROS 107
* 1 Wishful Baton BUS 128
* 2 Choice Band GRI 121
* 2 Brigette BKT 134
* 3 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 2 Scorched Earth PRC 138
* 3 Guzma BUS 115
* 2 Ninja Boy STS 103
* 2 Pokémon Center Lady FLF 93
* 3 Kiawe BUS 116
* 3 Field Blower GRI 125
* 2 Float Stone BKT 137

##Energy - 20

* 2 Rainbow Energy SUM 137
* 15 Fire Energy 2
* 3 Double Colorless Energy EVO 90

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Right. So, I realize my deck is mighty clunky at the moment, but it's won me a fair few games in both standard and expanded but my real competitor is Alolan Ninetails, non-GX. It's really hilarious that a non-GX deck can completely neutralize and take down a powerhouse like Volcanion. I tried Garbotoxin to neutralize 'tails' Luminous Barrier, but it's relatively difficult to set up, if you don't get Alolan Vulpix turn one. I need to slimline this list, but I love all my cards too much. Flareon has been my rock. Lele does his job, and Drampa is freakin' drampa.

I'm willing to do what it takes to crush my opponent with my friends.

You're problem with beating Ninetales is likely a result of you not wanting to change your list. Garbotoxin has no merit in here because you shut down Steam Up, which is the entire point of Volcanion in the first place. You NEED to drop Energy because 20 is way too much and unnecessary in any deck that isn't Typloshion. Kiawe loses power after turn 1, since it ends your turn, and once you actually have Energy in play, you only really want to end your turn by attacking. 4 Ultra Ball is also a complete and total necessity for every deck going into BKT-BUS, since it can search any of your Pokemon without ending your turn via Beacon(Which also interferes with Kiawe) and risk giving up a prize or being N'd. There are certain archetypes that Vulpix is good in, but this isn't one. You should also play a more straight forward deck, since I can't seem to figure out the strategy. It seems like a draw-attach energy, attack/ pass type deck, and those aren't optimal. Hate to burst your bubble, but Flareon honestly isn't a very good card, since it can easilt be OHKO'd by a Gardevoir GX or a Tapu Lele GX if it loads Energy onto it. And if you don't load Energy onto it, it doesn't hit for enough damage to KO anything. It's a paradox of no good outcome. You should consider playing 2-3 Ho-oh GX in your deck because it's something that can combine with Volcanion to kill anything in the game in one go, and 190 HP is nothing to scoff at. I'm not sure what else to say, so just reply if there's anything in particular you want to ask.

@gumball51321 ~ So lay it out for me?

Like if you could recommend anything else to add or delete. For example you've said to delete Vulpix and Garbodour and add Ho-Oh GX. Also taking out a few energy shouldn't be a problem. I should have probably got on the N bandwagon a while ago. XD

@gumball51321 ~ So lay it out for me?

Like if you could recommend anything else to add or delete. For example you've said to delete Vulpix and Garbodour and add Ho-Oh GX. Also taking out a few energy shouldn't be a problem. I should have probably got on the N bandwagon a while ago. XD
Baby Volcanion can take down baby Ninetales with a Steamed Up Steam Artillery.

Well, your deck is too complex for me to just lay things out to change, but I can however, give you a different list.
Here you go:

Pokemon:13
  • 3 Ho-oh GX
  • 1 Turtonator GX
  • 2 Salandit
  • 2 Salazzle GX
  • 2 Volcanion-EX
  • 1 Volcanion
  • 2 Tapu Lele GX

Trainers:33
  • 4 Sycamore
  • 4 N
  • 3 Kiawe
  • 4 Guzma
  • 1 Acerola
  • 3 Choice Band
  • 2 Float Stone
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 3 Max Elixir
  • 2 Field Blower
  • 2 Switch
  • 1 Rescue Stretcher
Energy:14
  • 14 Fire
I don't think that the list I listed is the best, but just play around with it and see what you like. Believe it or not, 14 is considered more than necessary in most decks, but Volcanion is an acception. Any Energy other than basic Fire is pretty bad in Volcanion decks because it needs to hit Kiawe, and can't afford to lose any consistency. What this means is, every space matters, so it can't be wasted on something that isn't really needed.

Back