• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Truth EX

Brendan

Hi there
Pokemon: 21
3-2-2/1 Vileplume/Bellossom
3-2-2 Reuniclus
2 Kyurem EX
2-2 Donphan Prime
1 Reshiram
1 Zekrom
1 Pichu
1-1 Blissey

T/S/S: 22
4x Twins
4x Sage's
4x Communication
3x Collector
3x Rare Candy
2x PONT
2x Seeker

Energy: 12
4 Rainbow
4 DCE
2 Water
2 Fighting

Total:55

Unlike most decks I have posted here this deck I really have no ideas as to what to add or take out. Obviously needs 5 more cards but thats why I'm here. The goal of the deck is to hit the Meta where it hurts. Donphan takes on Zekeel/Mageels/etc and is a great main attacker for this deck. Kyurem Ex can come in to clean up with Hail Blizzard or take off DCE/Prism/Rescue/Rainbow + 60 damage. With decks running around with big lines of these energies I expect this to help stall out some heavy hitters since special energy recovery is no easy task. Reshiram and Zekrom are for type coverage if needed and are great for outrage/damage soaking. Pichu is to help aide my ideal start or can be communicated pre-trainer lock if needed. This deck has not been tested yet due to the fact that I just finished up the list and it's 12:45 am here :)

i think this deck would take extremely too long to set up. lol

2 stage 2's and a stage 1 is outrageous.
this could have been a world championship deck..... back in 01. :p
i would either take out vileplume or reun.

if you are going to run, reun. 4 seekers is a must..

e/ you also fill space take out the kyurem and 1 of the stage 2's.
if you are worried about special energies run scizor/donphan or just 4 lost removers.

I have tested a version similiar to this and it is just way to slow. Coupled with the ability of EX's to OHKO most anything in the deck without getting revenged killed it is horrible. Anyone saying this deck is Tier 1 still needs a reality check. We have the ability to get turn 3 150's with no discard this format.

On a different note, if you really plan to run this deck, i suggest removing zekrom and reshiram and putting
2x regiggigas EX. Forget the blissey line and replace them with a merwtwo and a shaymin EX.

@rileysill32 | How about you check the last worlds finalist google Cawthon's then come back and try to offer advice thanks.

@Cameron_b | I think you have your facts a little messed up. Starting by number of most played and followed by OHKO on Donphan Prime or Kyurem EX.

Mewtwo - Yes it is possible but highly unlikely Donphan runs on one energy typically unless I am 100% positive I can reach three fighting. That'd mean Mewtwo would need six energies under those circumstances. Granted it could happen I would have three fighting and mewtwo would only need four at that point.

Zekrom - Max damage output is 150 and most lists I've seen don't run plus power or anything else of that sort. Donphan is resistant to electric plus pokebody means any attack done to Donphan is reduced by 40 meaning Donphan would be standing with 10 hp after. I just don't see any fear from this with a damage healing/moving engine in play.

Shaymin - I put this above Reshiram because I don't think Reshiram variants are running around as much as they used to compared to how techable Shaymin is into most decks. Shaymin is an interesting card that could offer some trouble considering it is played late game. The maxium damage output by a typical Shaymin would be 150, this without any damage boosting such as plus power. 150 Damage is good enough for a OHKO but anything less is a 2HKO and with that time I can move around the damage hopefully and avoid a KO. Two earthquakes knocks Shaymin out everytime unless they are running eviolite/defender.

Reshiram - Probably one of the worst matchups for Donphan by opposing EXs. Brave Fire for a OHKO or even Glinting Claw for a 2HKO possibility with fliptini. Donphan doesn't resist or attack with weakness backup here so it runs into some trouble. It would take three Earthquakes or two Heavy Impacts to knock out Reshiram without eviolite/defender. Ideally we get the knockout if they cannot get powered up to a OHKO fast enough but I fear this will not be the case most of the time.

Kyurem - Most likely the least played but it still is one of the worst matchups for Donphan. It's first attack could be devastating to Donphan if it is only running a rainbow at the time, ideally we have fighting energy on Donphan though. Anyway, Frozen Wings does 60 and discards a special energy for a water and a DCE. This would be a 2HKO to Donphan or 1HKO with Plus Power. Either way, if rainbow energy is attached, Donphan is left crippled. Typically only dealing 60 back can't compete with Kyurem.

Regigigas - Left for last due to it's high energy costs, retreat costs, and weakness to Donphan. For 3 colorless does 40 without self damage or 60 with it. If a Donphan player is smart and has the option to power up a Heavy Impact, not attacking is the best option for Donphan. With one Heavy Impact it can OHKO the great titan that is Regigigas. Although that being said, if the Donphan player decides to Earthquake for 120, with four energy attached Regigigas can return a whopping damage range between 170-210 depending if self inflicted damage had occurred not at all, once, or twice. Granted it's a favorable matchup if the energy is there but I think Donphan sets up quicker.

@Broken Pokemon EX | You see I'm not sure how I feel about Regigigas in here it seems very good for the deck but my problem with it is it takes up energy that could be otherwise spent on more useful attackers. The synergy is there being a damage soaker and working with this damage to fuel attacks. To be able to OHKO mostly anything not EX it would require four energy or two DCE and seven damage counters on it. This takes it's HP down to 110 if it wants to be able to OHKO most anything not EX. For a two prize penalty I don't want to take that risk running it. Reshiram and Zekrom give me type coverage I normally wouldn't hit and run off two energies or a single DCE for a single prize.

On a side note to all that, I'm considering running one Battle City and one Burned Tower. Both would be beneficial if I ran basic energies. Also it clears the field of Skyarrow Bridges and Tropical Beaches which can help slow down my opponent.

I wouldn't use donphan. I usually start with whatever is the counter for the opponent's deck. Blissey and bellosum aren't needed both in this deck, I'd cut the bliss since it also requires seeker. Try using some mew two EX and reshiram EX. Reshiram can be OHKOd too easily. Same with zekrom.
-2 communication
-1 pichu (can help your opponent as well)
-2-2 donphan (more of a preference)
-1-1 blissey or bellosum
-2 water
-2 fighting

+2 N
+2 Mewtwo EX
+2 regigigas EX (can help with the whole damage thing)
+1 shaymin EX
+4 prism
+1 collector

I think that some other suggested things can take up the extra 5 spaces. I'm not too sure about donphan though but its just a preference thing.

I have high confidence in Donphan, maybe too much but I won't be taking him out. I thought I mentioned but I guess I didn't but I don't want to run Mewtwo due to the fact that it's more expensive than I want to trade for/buy it and I don't think I need it. I think people are are overhyping these EX cards even though they are good.

A Truth with no Cleffa can't never work. Pull out Reshi/Zekrom and add him (I personally play 2 of them and I use both everytime).

what's the point in posting a deck in a deck garage when all you do is bash people's advice and tell them how they are wrong?

off topic post, but you aren't taking in any advice here.

Just because I haven't changed cards in my deck doesn't mean the advice hasn't been considered. Also I haven't bashed anyone so don't say I have, nor have I said anyone is wrong. I countered what he said about EXs killing off everything in the format with matchups for EXs vs Donphan. I have taken advice I have tested with 2x Cleffa and it worked wonders. Don't tell me what I have and haven't done especially when the advice you offered was quite irrelevant and you were very wrong. Like I said, look into google Cawthon's worlds 2011 decklist and come back and talk to me about this, thanks.

Back