Finished Trivia of DNA II (Well done, Storm Blade!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNA

Goodbye, everyone. I'll miss you all.
Advanced Member
I have permission from bacon to post this, as per the results of the November 2011 game poll

YES, my friends! You know it, you love it, you can't wait to take part in it...it is the super-amazing Trivia of DNA II!
I was fortunate with the last one and what a huge success it was with the general populace of the Beach - and I have all you guys to thank for that; your support means a lot to me. And now, I do not wish to disappoint, so let us get this new trivia rolling!

The main difference is, instead of me giving a question and you respond with an answer...I'll start with the answer and you have to give me a question!
I'll explain:

DNA's Rules said:
1. Obviously, forum rules do apply. Obey them or else.
2. Problems are generally worth 3 points apiece. However, unlike the past trivia, it's possible for more than 3 points to be given out on just one question (which will be explained later, in how I grade the questions). Most of the questions will be Pokemon-based, though I may throw in one or two oddballs every now and again.
3. There is no 3.
4. The aim of the game is to be the first to get 75 points, upon which the game will end. If there aren't a lot of answers, I may reduce this number. But since Pokebeach is pretty big, this probably won't be likely. (For those doing the math, it's basically the first person to answer 25 questions correctly, perfectly.)
5. This trivia will work differently than most; instead of me giving a question and you answering it, I will give an answer, upon which you must formulate a question, to which the specified word/phrase is the answer. Note, it must be the ONLY possible answer to the question you have given. Using phrases such as "One of three __________" are acceptable, but you will need to confirm that there are exactly that many answers to your question. (Try not to give overly complicated questions, such as math problems, as I will have to double-check each question that is submitted.)
6. When you give a question to my trivia, your answer will be graded based on three possible factors:

~Accuracy: The question you give must be accurate; if you give an incorrect answer you may not receive points for the question.
~Humor: If you want, you may make your question a funny one, and based on how funny I think your response is, you may get more points.
~Tact: Please keep in mind, this is Trivia of DNA. You will be submitting your questions to me, so you will want to try and submit questions that I would normally like - and the more you know me, the better you'll do. (And just as a hint...you will probably not want to submit any questions that involve the anime or the manga in some way - the former I despise, the latter I know next to nothing about. Just giving you guys a heads-up.)

Your question may receive 1, 2, or 3 points depending on how much I liked it. (However, normally only one person per question receives a full 3 points.) Notice that timing is not accounted into the grading - you do not have to be the first to answer to receive the 3 points! The 3 points will go to the person who submitted the best question, not the first one.
7. If no one has answered the question within a prolonged period of time, I will post a new question to hasten the pace. The old question will be annulled.
8. Unlike before, you will be allowed to look at informational sites to formulate your question. There are many different questions that can be submitted and all of them can have the same answer. However, informational sites won't give you an edge, necessarily - if you want the best edge, try to make questions that appeal to my sense of humor, but are also accurate!
9. You may only attempt one guess per question, no more. Editing your posts will also be forbidden, for ANY reason (even if it's just to fix a spelling error). It doesn't matter if you made a small mistake; I'll notice it and try to derive your intended response. If you have to, post later correcting your mistake, but under no circumstances are you allowed to edit.
10. The winner of this quiz may receive either an avatar or a banner made by me. I might keep this prize up, but odds are I'll keep it around.

If any of you have any questions at all regarding this thread, you may PM me or post in this thread with questions (or ask me on the chat). I'll give each problem in a spoiler tag so you know what you're going for.

But most likely you are still confused, so I will give an example. Let's say that the first example is "Pikachu". Here are three answers:

"What Pokemon introduced in Generation 1 has been the Pokemon Company's mascot for over a decade?" - This would get you 1 point for accuracy as it is rooted in verifiable fact, but facts alone won't win you this trivia, as I shall demonstrate.
"What Pokemon introduced in Generation 1 is one of the banes of DNA's existence?" - This would get you 2 points as you're appealing more to my person, but not necessarily for accuracy because the entire answer is based only on my opinion.
"What overly-popular Pokemon introduced in Generation 1 has had ripoffs made of it in each subsequent generation, except Generation 2?" - This will give you 3 points; you are combining accuracy (Plusle/Minun, Pachirisu, Emolga are the ripoff Pokemon in question) and facts with a method for appealing to my person (the overly-popular comment).

Are you beginning to get the hang of it? You'll be able to learn it best as you go along.

Here is your first question!

Mewtwo.
(This means you guys need to figure out and then post a question, the answer to which is Mewtwo. And remember, don't forget the tips!)

RE: Trivia of DNA II

What pokemon has the highest base stat total of Gen 1?

How hard do you want these questions to be?

It's not a question of hard - it's a question of accuracy, humor, and tact.

If you're asking how specific/intricate that I want them...I actually don't care if they're simple or complex, just so long as you try to go by the grading system as best you can.

What Pokemon's most recent release prompted DNA to say this:

DNA said:
Apparently since you don't seem to get the hint, I'll tell you in very simple words.

When it comes to ______ (or pretty much any Pokemon not named Electrode), Thunderbolt > Electroball.

Every.

Single.

Time.

@Pokemon99: It's perfectly possible to have 10 different people each post a different question, and have them all be correct. That's why I put the grading system in play. The 3 points go to the question that I like the most.

...I thought I'd made my rules clear enough; I guess not...

I think Dark Void won this one.

What pokemon was considered the "God" of Pokemon before Arceus came out?

What Pokemon, besides Mew and Smeargle, learn Aura Sphere, Grass Knot, and Psychock, but originated before any of those moves existed?

A very interesting assortment of questions indeed! Time to hand out the points accordingly, based on how much I liked the questions you gave.

HypnoticLuxray: +2. The way you word your question was similar to the way I'd word mine, nice job.
pokemon99: +1. For accuracy.
Dark Void: +3. You actually brought up a really old quote I used pertaining to Mewtwo. Truth be told, I was hoping someone would make a reference to the current event!
eevee: +2. Just for mentioning that you thought Dark Void was going to win. Nice job guessing.
Bippa201: +1. For accuracy.
Pikachuraichumaster: +0. I believe the honor of that title would go to Tauros.
Superpokemon67: +2. Being the nerd that I am, I actually started browsing Bulbapedia to verify your claim. I found that one other Pokemon could learn all 3 of those moves you mentioned...and it was Togekiss. However, Togekiss wasn't introduced before the origination of Aura Sphere, so well done on being so specific!

Now are you guys starting to realize what kind of answers I'm looking for?

Scoreboard said:
Dark Void - 3
eevee - 2
HypnoticLuxray - 2
Superpokemon67 - 2
pokemon99 - 1
Bippa201 - 1

Next question:

Venusaur.

The word 'Venusaur' has the same number of vowels as 'Regigigas'. :O

What Pokemon is the final evolution of the only grass type Pokemon that Ash had while he was in the Kanto region?

What is the only starter that can't be traded on the Pokemon Black and White GTS without a nickname?

What Kanto Pokemon was revealed to have a new card of it in the tcg most recently?

What Pokemon hasn't had an Enlgish TCG release since HGSS: Unleased?

Hmmmm, I'm not quite sure how to appeal to you personally, but here's my question.

What Pokemon shares not only Type, but also flower color with Vileplume?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back