BW/BW2 Triple Battles

Oh waaa they are adding more depth to the game and it requires actual strategy and some real thinking rather than mindless button mashing. It sucks now!!!

^Is what I see.

We have only seen all of 7 seconds of Triple Battles, and people are already writing them off as terrible and bad. And for those of you that fear quadruple or more in the future...don't. Even the 3DS's screen is too small to hold that many Pokemon and their HUDs on screen at once.

I'm thinking that if they had kept this the same as the last gen, yall would be spouting "It's the same, now it sucks." So now they're trying to help Pokemon evolve past the same system they've used for over a decade and what do people do? Complain! The new Pokemon are ugly, competitive battling is going to be chaos because of Triple Battles, oh noes there are cutscenes that look anime-ish. You haven't even played the game yet, much less see how much three Pokemon out at once affects how the battles play out. [/mytwocents]

Triple battles speed things up guys, not slow them down. Seriously, with three types out at once against three types out, the average battle will only last a few turns! (And with Explosion... =P) Imagine 3 attacks that hit 3 Pokemon... It will be really cool! And that Crocodile already has its place, what with Earthquakes that can knock down 3 Pokemon in a turn, giving it 3 attack boosts...

Besides, it's not like they're taking out Single battles. If you don't like triple battles, don't play them! You guys make me sick sometimes. It's why I'm always so negative on this part of the forums... you guys just don't think before you post.

EDIT- I am also impressed that they could fit 3 Pokemon on the screen better than they could fit two... but where's the third one's stats? =/

There won't be THAT much triple/double battles...I wonder if they'll keep the people following you, (Like in DPPt, Cheryl following you in Eterna Forest is an example, there might be 2 people following you this game!)

Triple Battles do seem like a bright idea. Though when each Pokemon attacks will take a while and will increase the duration of the battle significantly. Though the good part is that each of the player's Pokemon will get an increased amount of EXP, which is good for leveling-up/training your Pokemon. They'll probably be times when you have to battle three trainers at once and they each use one Pokemon (if its possible).

Explosion can kill 6 pokemon at once now lol. I don't really care for triple battles, at it just makes things more confusing. Why not just send out all 6 of your pokes while you're at it? Anyways, it will be interesting to see how old attacks and abilities that revolve around double battles adapt to this new style of gameplay.

You know what? People always complain and whine about pokemon games, and what do they do? They'll buy the game anyway, sit down in their rooms,and they will PLAY IT, and they will LIKE IT, and they will be like "These pokemon are so cool!" and "This pokemon I whined about is actually a very good pokemon!" and they will love the game anyway...

I'm curious to see what Triple Teams people are already starting to put together with the pokemon we have so far.

Kyogre + Palkia + Zekrom ... Oh dear.

I think triple battles are too complicated. It will also look kind of ugly with all of the Pokemon cramped together.

All I can say is Earthquake is gonna screw everything. If you dont have a flying type on your team, and the other person has a strong pokemon that knows Earthquake, there goes half the other persons team in one move.

I dont hate them now since i just thought of EXP. Their actually OK. I have 30% like and 70% hate now. the main reason why i dont like it was because people are losing their Single Battling fun too competitive double battles so now we have triple battles...

Hopefully they won't get carried away with these kind of battles. I think they should just stop at triple battling. Some people think it might be fun, but some might now like it. If they do introduce quadruple battling then IMO they are getting carried away with these kind of battles.

The more I thik about this the more it makes sense. It would make Battle Tower go by so much quicker!

Someone said earlier that triple battles would last 3-5 turns, and that they will be really short. I disagree, I think that they will be lasting very long considering you have to wait for every pokemon to take a turn, (not counting if they are status's somehow making them incapable of turns)

But honestly I feel like earthquake/surf/explosion teams will be fairly popular. AOE = Area of effect, moves that affect all pokemon

King Kingdra said:
But honestly I feel like earthquake/surf/explosion teams will be fairly popular.

They're not already?
And I can't say Triple battles will go any faster than doubles, especially in competitive play. You can get the TM Protect very easily.. and I can see a lot of abuse from that with 6 pokemon on the field.

This would create a problem if you want to do a battle with a friend that is playing D/P/Pl/HG/SS

Back