Trick Room team help

rhyhorn trainer

Trainer of rhyhorns
It has been awhile since I have done a competitive team and I don't know a lot of the newer specs of 5th gen. However I have an idea for a trick room team. I have plans for Bronzong for my tricker/lead, Ferrothorn for a wall, Rhyperior for a tank and Reunicluse as my 2nd tricker/special sweep. now i am looking for a Physical sweeper and a mixed sweeper. any suggestions on my last two slots or better fits? If you request I will drop the builds. If possible I would like to keep my Rhyperior, he is my signature Pokemon and favorite line if my screen name doesn't give it away.:)

Well From What I Read, Heres What Pokemon I Would Suggest As A Physical Sweeper Eelektross but it can be used as a mixed sweeper as well so you can decide what to go with.

Stat

HP: 85

Attack: 115

Defense: 80

Sp.Atk: 105

Sp.Def: 80

Speed: 50

Ok I like that, I also looked at its move pool and it would work well. now I just need one more. People have suggested Porygon2, Dusclops or Ramperdos. I would use Ramperdos but his defense sucks and anything could OHKO him. I'm also thinking Golurk but I don't know if it is slow enough. suggestions?

hmm all good choices but the best would be a golurk its slow as hell if you don't invest in its speed stats and its a beast with its abilitys.

ok so I turn golurk into a physical sweep and Eelektross to a mixed sweep. Do i have a rounded team that won't be wiped by one or two different types? i don't want to be wiped by one pokemon.....that sucks......hard.

make golurk max hp and attack i think, name your full team and ill tell you if you have any weakness

Currently,the team consists of:

Bronzong

Nature:Brave
Item:Macho Brace
Ability:Levitate
Ivs:0 speed
Evs:252 HP/252 Atk/ 4 SpD
Moves:
Trick Room
Explosion
Gyro Ball
Earthquake

Reuniclus

Nature:Quiet
Item:Life Orb
Ability:Magic Guard
Ivs:0 speed
Evs:192 HP/64 Def/252 Spd
Moves:
Trick Room
Psychic
Focus Blast
Shadow Ball

Ferrothorn

Item:Choice Band
Ability:
Ivs:0 Speed
Evs:252 HP/252 Atk/ 4 SpD
Moves:
Power Whip
Gyro Ball
Level Ground
Explosion/Spikes

Rhyperior

Item:Rock Helmet
Ability:Solid Rock
Ivs:0 Speed
Evs:248 HP/252 Atk/ 8 Def
Moves:
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Megahorn
Swords Dance/Aqua Tail

Still working on stats/moves for my two new additions:
Eelektross and Golurk

do i at least have type coverage and type differences cause i don't want to be wiped by a single pokemon......again

you can already deal with that threat earthquake and those other rock and ground moves.

Look into a porygon2 with trick room and evolite as it gets massive defenses. Also look into getting Golurk as it's a good pokemon to use with a trick room.

Terry Blaze said:
you can already deal with that threat earthquake and those other rock and ground moves.

Thanks, that is good to know

JamesRaynor said:
Look into a porygon2 with trick room and evolite as it gets massive defenses. Also look into getting Golurk as it's a good pokemon to use with a trick room.

I already planned on Golurk as my physical sweeper. is porygon2 a better mixed sweeper than Eletross?

Yeh porygon-Z has huge potential for this team
A alright movepool
But have you had a look at gigalith instead of rhyperior? (just a thought to go with elektross) as he's weak to water and elektross would counter that
And a dusk our is a tank (I would hotly recommend him from my TR team) :D

Toxicated13 said:
Yeh porygon-Z has huge potential for this team
A alright movepool
But have you had a look at gigalith instead of rhyperior? (just a thought to go with elektross) as he's weak to water and elektross would counter that
And a dusk our is a tank (I would hotly recommend him from my TR team) :D

well right now im just looking for a mixed sweeper. i am torn between either elektross and porygon2 or z. as for Rhyperior, he is my signature. i have never ran a team without an evolutionary line of him (hence why my screen name is rhyhorn trainer). now that i have that situated i just need pros and cons on elektross, porygon2, andZ, for a Sp sweep.

Don't use Explosion on Bronzong, the move was downgraded this generation, so it's no longer worth it. I'd recommend Octillery for a mixed sweeper.

ok so now it looks like i need to do some research on a mixed sweeper. i am going to post 2 threads, one on rate my team for the 5 i have. the other will hopefully help me fugure out what to use as a mixed sweeper cause i have several suggestions. any input helps

Kinda surprised you're running Shadow Ball over Recover with Reuniclus. Either that or go with Calm Mind but I like Recover with Leftovers better.

Tyranitar and Honchkrow are both great TR mixed sweepers, with Fire Blast/Heat Wave to deal with Ferrothorn, and Dark STAB to hit Jellicent. They can also break SkarmBLiss due to Super Power and a Fire move.

AAAHHHHH!!! SO MANY CHOICES FOR A MIXED SWEEPER!!! WHAT DO I DO???? besides doesn't t-tar work better in a sandstorm team? not doubting his TR ability but i always thought he was sandstorm material.

Well, you don't need to run him in a strictly Sandstorm team. Sandstorm in Trick Room is really just a passive buff to T-Tar.

Back