• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Trevenant (Tree Lock)

thelosh19

Moderately Experienced TCGer
Experience: Intermediate
Pokemon
  • 4 Phantump XY
  • 4 Trevenant XY
  • 2 Munna (Boundaries Crossed)
  • 2 Musharna (Next Destinies)
  • 1 Mewtwo EX NXD
  • 1 Sigilyph (Safeguard) LTR
  • 1 Duskull BCR
  • 1 Dusclops BCR
  • 1 Dusknoir BCR

Trainers
  • 4 Professor Juniper/ Sycamore
  • 3 N
  • 2 Colress/ Shauna
  • 4 Skyla
  • 2 Tropical Beach
  • 1 Dowsing Machine/ Computer Search
  • 1 Heavy Ball
  • 3 Level Ball
  • 2 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Evosoda
  • 2 Super Rod
  • 2 Silver Mirror
  • 4 Float Stone
  • 1 Rare Candy
  • 1 Switch
  • 1 Tool Scrapper

Energy
  • 4 Psychic
  • 4 Double Colorless

Strategy
The idea behind the deck is similar in so many ways to the "Goth-Lock" as we referred to in the the Metro Detroit area. The biggest difference is the attacker in my list. Trevenant has a great attack in combination with Dusknoir. In the Goth-Lock you set up accelgor on the bench, used mew ex's ability to copy Deck and Cover, promoted Gothitelle and put the opponent in a lock. This list does things differently.

Munna and Musharna are around for added draw support. With Forewarn I get to draw an extra card of my choosing from the top of my deck. Mewtwo EX and Sigilyph are stall pokemon that fit in with the energy scheme I have in place.

Trevenant slows down your opponent to a point where you can get an attack or two off before getting knocked out. Attack with Tree Slam twice puts 200 damage on the board for Dusknoir to manipulate. So far testing has revealed that Yveltal EX is a bulldozer and that this list doesn't have a good answer. Plasma doesn't have an answer even with Genesect. Rayboar/Blastoise both struggle mightily by either never getting set up or by running out of energy before 6 prizes get taken. Flareon poses a problem because its not as reliant on items as you might think, but it also gets trashed by tree slam. Genesect causes the second most problems until it runs out of plasma energy or grass energy.

I understand that there is ALOT of pokemon search cards in the deck. Goth-Lock had the advantage of having Pokemon Communication in format. If it was still legal I would have 3 in this deck.

The reason I do not run Accelgor is the presence of Slurpuff/Virizion. Accelgor would be helpful against Yveltal, but little else.

Basically I ask you all out there on the Pokebeach for suggestions.

Back