• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Trevenant / Gourgeist

PsychedelicBreakfast

We can live beside the ocean leave the fire behind
Experience: Intermediate

Pokemon: 12
  • 2 Pumpkaboo
  • 2 Gourgeist
  • 2 Phantump
  • 2 Trevenant
  • 1 Sigilyph DRX
  • 1 Mewtwo EX
  • 2 Tauros XY

Trainers: 36
  • 1 Bianca
  • 1 Cassius
  • 1 Colress
  • 2 Evosoda
  • 2 Float Stone
  • 2 Hard Charm
  • 2 Heavy Ball
  • 4 Hypnotoxic Laser
  • 2 Muscle Band
  • 3 Professor Juniper
  • 2 Random Receiver
  • 3 Red Card
  • 3 Shauna
  • 1 Silver Bangle
  • 1 Super Rod
  • 1 Switch
  • 2 Tool Scrapper
  • 2 Ultra Ball
  • 1 Virbank City Gym

Energy: 12
  • 8 Psychic
  • 4 DCE

Strategy
First off, I made this deck for fun, not for tournaments, but I would like suggestions on how to make it more competitive. It has won against Blastoise/Keldeo, Garchomp, Emboar, and Round decks, but I have my doubts when it comes to battling against TDK, Darkrai, VirGen, and maybe a couple others that I'm forgetting.

Anyway, the basic strategy is to block Item usage with Trevenant's ability and to OHKO heavy hitting EXs using Laser + Gourgeist's Spirit Scream. There is also opportunity to spread damage around using Gourgeist's other attack and Trevenant's attack. I would have at least +1 more of each line, but I only have x2 of each. Would Dusknoir be a good addition?

Tauros can and will probably be removed, but I put it in there because of the potential to do heavy damage with Seething Anger, and 1 energy for 30 damage isn't bad either. I use it quite a lot, though, to be honest.

Sigilyph is to block EXs and Mewtwo is just for backup in case things go south, but I haven't had to rely on it.

The Trainer cards may seem all over the place, and that's mainly because a lot of my other Trainers are being used in my other decks (including Ns, Skylas, and Level Balls). I'm up for suggestions on what Trainers to add/omit.

I feel like the combination of the 2 pokemon are just not good. I feel like Gourgeist/ Dusknoir is just a much better combination. Trevenant just wants to always be active or its doing nothing. While Gourgeist only does stuff while active. You need to run things that can to Gourgeist while not always needing to be active.

In case of your weakness to dark. you may want to include fighting types to handle the dark types you are weak to.

Either way you should compare this deck to that of flygon. Cause its very similar in that you tack on 2 damage to each pokemon active and then get one huge turn to score prizes.

Back