• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Trevenant BREAK help?

ZagzigZero

Aspiring Trainer
Hello, i made this deck a long time ago, and i want to use this deck in a upcoming Expanded tournament. The problem is, i have made no changes at all since this deck was still Standard, and i'm not sure if i should put some new cards in (Fates Collide cards and further) or keep it this way.

(This deck relies on going first and evolving into Trevenant turn 1 for Item Lock, And then stall enough to hit multiple Silent Fears. Simple simon.)

Anyways, Here's the Decklist:

Pokémon - 14

* 3 Shaymin-EX ROS 106
* 3 Trevenant BREAK BKP 66
* 4 Phantump BKP 64
* 3 Trevenant XY 55
* 1 Trevenant BKP 65

Trainercards - 38

* 4 Ultra Ball PLF 122
* 3 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
* 3 Float Stone BKT 137
* 3 VS Seeker PHF 109
* 2 Red Card GEN 71
* 2 Super Rod NVI 95
* 4 Crushing Hammer EPO 92

* 1 Lysandre AOR 78
* 3 Wally ROS 94
* 3 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 1 Team Flare Grunt GEN 73
* 4 N NVI 92
* 1 Delinquent BKP 98

* 4 Dimension Valley PHF 93

Energy - 8

* 5 Psychic Energy BLW 109
* 3 Mystery Energy PHF 112

Total - 60

So, any ideas? Techs, replacements, counters?

I guess the only thing missing in your deck is Karen, which is the ultimate counter to both Night March and Vespiquen, also helps to recycle your trevenants.

I took another look on your deck and noticed you are not using battle compressor.
Battle compressor is a must for your deck, it helps getting the supporters you need faster.
You should add 2 or 3 Battle Compressors, I guess 2 is enough, but 3 is safer.
You should take off 1 wally, 1 super rod (either keep one to recycle energy or use something else for that since you can use Karen to recycle your trevenants and phantumps)
You should add 1 more VS seeker because of compressor.
remove 1 Sycamore.
remove 2 N's, you are using 3 Shaymin EX and compressor helps getting any supporter you need really easy.
so... it'll be like this:
-1 Sycamore
-2 N's
-1 Wally
-1 Super Rod

+3 Battle Compressor
+1 Karen
+1 VS Seeker

And well... this is just my opinion, but... isn't delinquent actually bad for you as well? since you have to sacrifice your stadium to *possible* disrupt your oponent's hand?
Well, I think that locking items and discarding your oponent's energy cards is more than enough, but that's just what I think, theres no reason really to take it off your deck.

I took another look on your deck and noticed you are not using battle compressor.
Battle compressor is a must for your deck, it helps getting the supporters you need faster.
You should add 2 or 3 Battle Compressors, I guess 2 is enough, but 3 is safer.

-1 Sycamore
-2 N's
-1 Wally
-1 Super Rod

+3 Battle Compressor
+1 Karen
+1 VS Seeker

And well... this is just my opinion, but... isn't delinquent actually bad for you as well? since you have to sacrifice your stadium to *possible* disrupt your oponent's hand?
Well, I think that locking items and discarding your oponent's energy cards is more than enough, but that's just what I think, theres no reason really to take it off your deck.
Thanks! I will keep this in mind.
Also, I have no clue why i include delinquent lmao, I saw this decklist on http://google.com/ at the time.

Karen is a cheap card, you can buy/trade it with someone or buy the Rayquaza/Keldeo deck with comes with 2 if I'm not mistaken.
If you choose to remove Delinquent and the red cards, you can add back +1 Sycamore, +1 N and Maybe +1 Super Rod if you choose not to use/get Karen.

Karen is a cheap card, you can buy/trade it with someone or buy the Rayquaza/Keldeo deck with comes with 2 if I'm not mistaken.
If you choose to remove Delinquent and the red cards, you can add back +1 Sycamore, +1 N and Maybe +1 Super Rod if you choose not to use/get Karen.

Nah, I got the karen by luck today, Thanks anyway :D

I would like to ask if anyone has looked at this deck for expanded after Sun & Moon release. Is there anything in that set that really helps this deck?

I would like to ask if anyone has looked at this deck for expanded after Sun & Moon release. Is there anything in that set that really helps this deck?
From Sun & Moon? Maybe Professor Kukui for some extra damage, but I don't really think this deck needs any change.

I too currently run a successful Trevenant BREAK deck in the Expanded format. Following are a few comments for your consideration:
  • As you may know, Dark-type decks are the bane of this deck. Yveltals and Yveltal EX are quite popular right now (in Standard) and I'd expect that trend to continue into Expanded given some Dak-specific cards that can be used. So, as a counter to threat, I included Dedenne (FFI).
  • Further, Wobbuffet (Bide Barricade) I find to be quite useful too as an alternate starter or as a secodary attacker that can abuse already existing damage on the Defending Pokémon.
  • IMO, 3 Shaymin EX, in this deck, significantly increase your risk of your opponents just focusing on those 6 potential prizes, especially when you're not running Parrallel City to remove those risks from your bench. You could also include an AZ which would allow you to pickup 1 of your Pokémon and palce it into your hand. I use this tactic for prize denial, as well as to reuse a Shaymin EX.
  • Inclusion of Level Ball would increase your chances of hitting a T1 Item-lock.
  • Why run Float Stone when Mysterious energy can help facilitate 0/1 energy cost retreating?
  • IMO, 4 Dimension Valley (especially when running Delinquent to counter opponent's Stadium) seems excessive.
  • IMO, Battle Compressor is not needed in this deck at all.
  • IMO, instead of running 4 Crushing Hammer, I prefer running 3 and 1 Enhanced Hammer (100% guarantee of Special energy removal) since many top decks run Special energy.
  • IMO, Lysandre is just too important not to have access to 1 when needed. So, running 2 copies is better.
  • Why run 4 N? In playing these, you are refreshing your opponent's hand too which may or may not "hurt" your opponent's hand. If your intention is to more "disrupt" your opponent's hand, then an Ace Trainer could be a solid replacement for 1 N.
You didn't state your deck strategy, but I suspect after initially Item-locking your opponent, you plan to deny your opponent energy while you continue to drop damage counters... If my assumption is correct, following are some suggested deck changes for your consideration, as well:

-1 Shaymin EX - 2 should be quite sufficient
-1 Trevenant (BKP 65) - not critical
-3 Float Stone - not critical
-2 Red Card - not critical
-1 Crushing Hammer
-2 N

+1 Dedenne
+1 Wobbuffet
+1 Ace Trainer (or Psychic / Mysterious energy)
+1 AZ
+1 Enhanced Hammer
+2 Level Ball
+1 Prof Birch - another card-draw Supporter that only affects your hand (sometimes you just can't afford to discard all cards in hand)
+1 Prof Sycamore - another card-draw Supporter
+1 VS Seeker - too critical not to run 4

I hope you find these comments helpful.

I too currently run a successful Trevenant BREAK deck in the Expanded format. Following are a few comments for your consideration:
  • As you may know, Dark-type decks are the bane of this deck. Yveltals and Yveltal EX are quite popular right now (in Standard) and I'd expect that trend to continue into Expanded given some Dak-specific cards that can be used. So, as a counter to threat, I included Dedenne (FFI).
  • Further, Wobbuffet (Bide Barricade) I find to be quite useful too as an alternate starter or as a secodary attacker that can abuse already existing damage on the Defending Pokémon.
  • IMO, 3 Shaymin EX, in this deck, significantly increase your risk of your opponents just focusing on those 6 potential prizes, especially when you're not running Parrallel City to remove those risks from your bench. You could also include an AZ which would allow you to pickup 1 of your Pokémon and palce it into your hand. I use this tactic for prize denial, as well as to reuse a Shaymin EX.
  • Inclusion of Level Ball would increase your chances of hitting a T1 Item-lock.
  • Why run Float Stone when Mysterious energy can help facilitate 0/1 energy cost retreating?
  • IMO, 4 Dimension Valley (especially when running Delinquent to counter opponent's Stadium) seems excessive.
  • IMO, Battle Compressor is not needed in this deck at all.
  • IMO, instead of running 4 Crushing Hammer, I prefer running 3 and 1 Enhanced Hammer (100% guarantee of Special energy removal) since many top decks run Special energy.
  • IMO, Lysandre is just too important not to have access to 1 when needed. So, running 2 copies is better.
  • Why run 4 N? In playing these, you are refreshing your opponent's hand too which may or may not "hurt" your opponent's hand. If your intention is to more "disrupt" your opponent's hand, then an Ace Trainer could be a solid replacement for 1 N.
You didn't state your deck strategy, but I suspect after initially Item-locking your opponent, you plan to deny your opponent energy while you continue to drop damage counters... If my assumption is correct, following are some suggested deck changes for your consideration, as well:

-1 Shaymin EX - 2 should be quite sufficient
-1 Trevenant (BKP 65) - not critical
-3 Float Stone - not critical
-2 Red Card - not critical
-1 Crushing Hammer
-2 N

+1 Dedenne
+1 Wobbuffet
+1 Ace Trainer (or Psychic / Mysterious energy)
+1 AZ
+1 Enhanced Hammer
+2 Level Ball
+1 Prof Birch - another card-draw Supporter that only affects your hand (sometimes you just can't afford to discard all cards in hand)
+1 Prof Sycamore - another card-draw Supporter
+1 VS Seeker - too critical not to run 4

I hope you find these comments helpful.

Compressor while not being critical in this deck, but it IS useful to get the supporter you need alot easier.
It'll become even more useful if he plays ace trainer as well, since you can throw it out of your deck either if you need it or not (to prevent dead draws).
The other good thing about Battle Compressor is that you may play only 1 copy of some cards that you would usually play 2 and still be fine (like lysandre).
And yes, 4 VS Seeker is needed in this deck (even more if he choose to use compressor)

Compressor while not being critical in this deck, but it IS useful to get the supporter you need alot easier.
It'll become even more useful if he plays ace trainer as well, since you can throw it out of your deck either if you need it or not (to prevent dead draws).
The other good thing about Battle Compressor is that you may play only 1 copy of some cards that you would usually play 2 and still be fine (like lysandre).
And yes, 4 VS Seeker is needed in this deck (even more if he choose to use compressor)
I understand your points, but don't necessarily agree with them. In the case of this deck, getting to and playing the Wally in order to Item-lock your opponent T1 is the first priority and Battle Compressor can help to thin-out one's deck to help in that regard. But, it's still "not" critical, IMO, to include the BC. Another example - should the only copy of Lysandre be prized, one could be at a grave disadvantage, especially in a mirror match.

We both have valid points, but different playing styles perhaps.

You might also want to consider using some rescue scarves. Being able to recycle your trevenants is ridiculous.

You might also want to consider using some rescue scarves. Being able to recycle your trevenants is ridiculous.

This. Absolutely this. I played against this in a league challenge this weekend and the one rescue scarf was the difference that got my opponent the win. It got him one more break and that one more break was what won the game. In close games, that card can be huge.

Back