• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Toxic Fury (Machamp EX / Ariados / Raticate BREAK)

TheBlazingInfernape

Raging Inferno
Pokemon: 18
  • 4 Machamp-EX (AO)
  • 2 Spinarak (AO)
  • 2 Ariados (AO)
  • 2 Rattata (BP)
  • 2 Raticate (BP)
  • 2 Raticate BREAK (BP)
  • 2 Lucario EX (FF)
  • 2 Landorus (FF)
Trainiers/Supporters/Stadiums: 26
  • 2 Winona
  • 2 Korrina
  • 2 Shauna
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 3 Professor Sycamore
  • 3 Forest of Giant Plants
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 3 Level Ball
  • 3 Muscle Band
  • 2 Switch
  • 3 VS Seeker
Energy:16
  • 4 Strong Energy
  • 2 Double Colorless Energy
  • 10 Fighting Energy
Strategy:

So the strategy here is to use Ariados' Ability to poison Machamp and the opponent's active Pokemon and overpower them with Crazy Hammer. Raticate is used for one shot potential and Lucario is for deck acceleration. Landorus is energy acceleration after energies are discarded with Ultra Ball. Suggestions?

I too ran a Machamp-Ariados deck for a while and found it very effective. A few thoughts/comments for your consideration:

The Raticate line seems to be more of a distraction than an asset and does not have synergy with the Fighting Pokémon. In fact, this line presents easy 1HKO targets; so, your opponents can easily bypass Machamp EX attacks. In addition, given the "time" needed to get Rat BREAK into play, opponents will have plenty of time to prepare for a counter. IMO, this entire line and its dedicated support (e.g., Winona, DCE, etc.) should be replaced with other, more useful cards.

Your main attackers are Fighting; so, why have Forest of Giant Plants Stadiums (which has very limited use) instead of Fighting Stadium?

Why no Heavy Boots? I found this Tool to be very, very useful when using Machamp EX's first attack, AND this Item adds an additional 20 HP to Machamp EX too.

Why no Hawlucha (FFI) to terrorize opponents' EX Pokémon?

Lastly, letting Machamp EX be your starter and take early damage can be an advantage given its Steaming Mad attack and Heavy Boots Tool.
IMO, this deck can be dramatically improved with the replacement of the Raticate line and its dedicated support. But, before offering further comments regarding suggested improvements, are you "committed" to keeping your Rat line?

Yes I am committed to keeping the rats. I run into Pyroar way too often. Heavy Boots look good yes, but IMO Muscle Band is the better option, I am however considering Fighting Fury Belt if I can get my hands on a few. I think the Forest of Giant Plants was a bad decision on my part so I will switch back to Fighting Stadium. Hawlucha would be a wonderful addition and I can't believe I forgot about that, free retreat and base 60 damage to an EX for 1 Energy. Any other things to consider. What should I replace?

Yes I am committed to keeping the rats. I run into Pyroar way too often. Heavy Boots look good yes, but IMO Muscle Band is the better option, I am however considering Fighting Fury Belt if I can get my hands on a few. I think the Forest of Giant Plants was a bad decision on my part so I will switch back to Fighting Stadium. Hawlucha would be a wonderful addition and I can't believe I forgot about that, free retreat and base 60 damage to an EX for 1 Energy. Any other things to consider. What should I replace?

If you're worried about Pyroar, simply run a M Lucario tech, much more consistent than a full 2-2-2 line. Or even better, just add Hex Maniac.

I would suggest dropping machamp to 3
Lucario to 1 and then replacing them with hawlucha.

I would also suggest 2 or 3 Trainers mail. Winona could be dropped. It's not a supporter that you want to play. Especially without shaymin.

You can grab multiple rats, but it takes turns for them to evolve. Grabbing multiple rattata would clog your bench you need for machamp and ariados.

You don't want them to sit in ur hand either since most of the time you want to use shauna or sycamore to help set more.

I've been running 4-4-4 Rats with 2-2 ariados and 2-2 talonflame/break with decent success online. No EXs to knock for 2, so generally get behind and make a furious comeback. Run hard with Acro Bikes, sycamores, ultra balls and super rods.

Back