• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Toxic Fairies (Wigglytuff / Dragalge / Dusknoir)

simsands

Half raccoon, half chipmunk
This is the deck I used during the Swedish nationals. I unfortunately didn't do too well, didn't have the time to set up properly, but I think this deck has a lot of potential, if you can get it to work. The main threat obviously being Virizion EX.

Pokemon:

• 3 Jigglypuff (XY 88)
    3 Wigglytuff (XY 89)
    2 Skrelp (FLF 44)
    2 Dragalge (FLF 71)
    2 Duskull (FLF 38)
    1 Dusclops (FLF 39)
    2 Dusknoir (BCR 63)
    1 Keldeo EX (BCR 49)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:

• 4 Professor Sycamore
    3 Skyla
    4 N
    2 Lysandre
    3 Ultra Ball
    2 Level Ball
    3 Evosoda
    1 Rare Candy
    2 Professor's Letter
    2 Super Rod
    1 Switch
    4 Hypnotoxic Laser
    2 Startling Megaphone
    1 Town Map
    1 Computer Search
    2 Fairy Garden
Energy:

• 4 Fairy Energy
    3 Double Colorless Energy

Strategy:
Preferably turn one, we want one Jigglypuff, Skrelp and Duskull in play. The following turn, evolve into Wigglytuff and Dragalge. With one fairy energy and one DCE, Wigglytuff is able to use Hocus Pinkus turn two. Hypnotoxic Laser to activate Dragalge ability, preventing the opponent from switching out, while Hocus Pinkus prevents the opponent from attacking. Dusknoir moves damage to the bench in order to keep the active alive and to pick off those pesky Trubbish.

Obviously, this deck doesn't have as strong of a lock as, for example, Accelgor/Trevenant does, as a switching card will break it. However, I think the advantage is how fast you can establish the lock, I rarely see Accelgor get the complete lock turn two.

RE: Toxic Fairies (Wigglytuff/Dragalge/Dusknoir)

No Virbank?

-2 Fairy Garden
+2 Virbank City Gym

Also, Pyroar is a pretty good answer to Virizion EX, so you may have to drop the Wigglytuff and play Pyroar, along with Fire Energy instead of Fairy. Maybe a couple more energy too.

-3 Jigglypuff
-3 Wigglytuff
+2-2 Pyroar
+2 Fire Energy

I've run a few Toxicroak EX variants since Flashfire drops, and Toxicroak/Pyroar has been the most efficient.

Hope this helps,
LoneWolf2113

I do not run Virbank since I don't really want that extra damage. The strategy strictly relies on keeping the opponents pokemon locked, unable to do anything. If I knock the opponent out with my attack, there will be no lock.

Sure, Pyroar is great against Virizion, but I would much rather be playing a deck that is weak against one deck, than a deck that is easily countered by any deck. For the Hocus Pinkus lock, evolution stage is irrelevant. Also, Lysandre is absolutely ineffective against Wigglytuff.

I've considered running attackers causing poison as well (Toxicroak, Qwillfish, Carnivine), but that would slow the deck down even more, rather than boost it's speed, which I'm looking to do.

If you're going to run Attack-stopping Pokemon, usse Cobalion. It's a Basic, does more damage, and being a Metal type gives it a bit of advantage over certain Water Types and other Fairy decks you might run into.

The thing about Cobalion is that he requires two Metal Energy and one Colorless, so I need three energy attachments to power him up, as opposed to Wigglytuff's two (Fairy, DCE). I was trying Cobalion out a while, but I found that Wigglytuff still worked better. Also, as I mentioned in a previous post, if you knock the opponent out, the lock is broken, and the only metal weak pokemon that survives Iron Breaker+poison is Kyurem EX.

Back