• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Total Blackout (Zoroark-Gx/Nanu)

Laurier_Ex

Ninja master
Ever since Nanu was announced I wanted to try something with this card in mind. So here is the preliminary list.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 18

* 1 Ditto {*} LOT 154
* 1 Darkrai {*} UPR 77
* 1 Guzzlord-GX CIN 63
* 1 Hoopa-GX TEU 96
* 2 Zorua SLG 52
* 2 Zoroark-GX SLG 53
* 1 Xerneas {*} LOT 144
* 1 Magcargo CES 24
* 1 Marshadow SLG 45
* 1 Poipole FLI 55
* 1 Poipole LOT 107
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 137
* 1 Alolan Muk SUM 58
* 2 Naganadel LOT 108

##Trainer Cards - 31

* 1 Beast Ball CES 125
* 4 Mysterious Treasure FLI 113
* 1 Mallow GRI 127
* 1 Acerola BUS 112
* 1 Pal Pad UPR 132
* 2 Lillie SUM 147
* 2 Choice Band GRI 121
* 2 Switch SUM 132
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 2 Cynthia UPR 119
* 2 Guzma BUS 115
* 1 Black Market {*} TEU 134
* 1 Field Blower GRI 163
* 2 Nanu TEU 150
* 4 Pokémon Communication BLW 99
* 1 Weakness Policy BUS 126

##Energy - 11

* 1 Beast Energy {*} FLI 117
* 7 Darkness Energy 7
* 3 Double Colorless Energy XY 130

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

How it works?

The deck uses a Zoroark-Gx engine with either Magcargo or Muk to support. Zoroark-Gx can attack using DCE while trying to discard as many dark energies as possible for Naganadel to charge up using it's ability.

Once Naganadel is charged up, Nanu is used to turn the Naganadel into the basic dark pokemon of your choice (provided it has been discarded). I would like to hear what you guys have to say regarding my basic dark pokemon choices (I almost included 1 copy of Hoopa SL and figured out that Greninja&Zoroark-GX would definitely be something to consider once it is released).

I also decided to include a special tech card for a surprise attack; Xerneas PS. Xerneas PS can suck all energy on the board (DCE or dark energy) and can then be sent into the lost zone using Nanu and replaced by the basic dark pokemon of your choice (Guzzlord-Gx ideally). It is a one time move that can surprise the enemy and turn the game around.

Let me know if you have any suggestions and comments regarding card choices.

I've been thinking of a deck that is similar but more focused on stall. Absol from Team Up might be an interesting pokemon to tech in and Darkrai prism has the potential to accelerate energy which could be decent. Another card I've considered is dangerous drill because its effect coincides with your goal, discarding dark pokemon and it also can bump stadiums/special energy or tool in play which seems useful.

I've been thinking of a deck that is similar but more focused on stall. Absol from Team Up might be an interesting pokemon to tech in and Darkrai prism has the potential to accelerate energy which could be decent. Another card I've considered is dangerous drill because its effect coincides with your goal, discarding dark pokemon and it also can bump stadiums/special energy or tool in play which seems useful.

What seems to make me reluctant on using Absol is the fact that he is not as good as I would like against evolved Pokemon. Darkrai as it's uses as you said and I decided to include it but he does not work very well with Nanu (goes to the lost zone instead of the discard pile) and I have considered replacing it.

Personally, I am not a fan of Dangerous Drill in this specific list. I would rather improve consistency and use Zoroark-Gx to discard the basic dark Pokemon. I might try the Naganadel with Nanu idea in some other type of deck where Dangerous Drill could maybe be a better choice without Zoroark-Gx to discard. I am thinking about trying this Naganadel with Nanu idea in a Beast Box or in a Shrine deck (using Guzzlord-Gx as the only non EX-GX attacker and game closer).

Ok, that's fair, Absol is situational I just feel like with the release of Jirachi/and tag teams basics will be prevalent in the meta, but I could entirely be wrong about this. I definitely understand the situational nature of dangerous drill and have only really thought about using it for stall/dark so it very well could be bad in what you are building.

However Darkrai GX seems decent considering you can take it out of the discard and attack an energy to it and then Nanu into something else. Not sure you've tried that but to me it seems at least interesting.

Yeah I tried Darkrai-Gx and it felt alright. I replaced it with Darkrai PS after instead and compare options. I think both work and can accomplish something depending on what you are looking for. Did not test enough to have a preference yet.

Back