Top Cards from Roaring Skies

King of Dragons

I just hang around for reasons
Hey, I'm going to list the 12 top ten cards are gonna see competetive play from Roaring Skies (my opinion)
(I won't do the scans but you can check them at pokebeach.com)
HONARABLE MENTIONS: Delta Togekiss, Thunderous EX, Shedninja, Trainer's Post

12: M Rayquaza EX (Dragon): This card will not see as much play as the other one but it can still hold on to itself, It can use Reshiram, Mega Turbo and Emboar for fire power, Delphox, Shaymin EX and Firey Torch for support, and Charizard EX,Siesmotoad EX, and Pyroar as techs. The Delta Wild ablity gives it resitence to popular types (Genescet, Flareon, Primal Kyorge, M Maneratric).

11: Skyfield: The most overhyped card of the set, setting 8 Pokemon in play is fantatic for many cards like Emploeon, Raichu, and M Rayquaza EX ( HGSS Jumpluff as well just for fun (and trolling)).
I don't see the card getting as much play as other cards beacuse there's already a bunch of ther playable stadinums, like Rough Seas, Sorched Earth, Silent Lab, and Steel Shelter which could be a little tricky to get around. Nintales is a decent choice but even w/o Garbodor there's Lysandre and Wobbufett.

10: M Gallade EX: One of the more intresting Cards of the set, with Mewtwo EX leaving the format soon M Gallade EX has a good shot at being atleast a Teir 2 deck with cards like Crobat,Forretress, and Wobbefett. With a Dimensional Valley, It does 110 damage and 30 damage to all damaged pokemon for 2 Energy. The main problem would be Night March and Siesmotoad EX.

9: Hydreigon EX: The most supportive pokemon in this set, It's Albilty Dragon Road, can be used useful in a format with every deck running a stadimun, once actavated all dragon pokemon can pay 2 less to retreat. This gives cards like Reshiram, Latios EX and M Rayquaza EX (Dragon) free retreat making it very useful for the comeback of Dragon Decks. It's attack, Shred, is not that good but it can still threaten Pyroar, and Safegaurders with it's bulky 180 HP. It's weakness are being Lysandre bait and Silent Lab

8: Wally: This card has Teir 1 Potenial. Evolving Pokemon on the first turn is always welcom in THIS format. With this you can evole cards like Trveannet,Flareon,Bannete,Garbodor and others on the first turn can be very good in many ways. The problem is that it's a supporter and can leave you with a crappy hand. But with cards like Bicycle, Acro Bike, and Firey Torch on the loose, It couldn't matter sometimes (not being able to Mega Evovle sucks too)

7: Bannete: Can be the "Next Garbodor". Bannete's ablity allows it so no tools have no effect on a Pokemon. With tools like Muscle Band, Team Flare, Spirt Links, and more everywhere, this card can destroy atleast a tenth of the tool's popularity (espaclly not being affected by Wobbefett). The 2 probems are it's a Stage 1 (but cards like Wally and Ultra Ball can be used to get it out) and it effects you too (not that big but can still be a problem in the long run)

6: Mega Turbo: Why place it so far down you ask? This card is the first support card for Mega's (Spirt Link is exception), allowing to attach a basic energy from the discard to one of your M Pokemon
is amazing. This allows so Mega Pokemon can be Teir 1 Potenial in some sorts. Problem is of course it's an item card but that's fine by me as long as I can play it.

5:

Back