Top 12 upcoming Plasma Freeze cards.

I don't know, Glaceon and Umbreon are the only ones that stand out as playable and that's because of the what they do for your plasma pokemon.

Leafeon is only good if Keldeo is taking the offensive route. A lot of the time, Keldeo is played for the ability alone and not as an attacker. The second attack is only good if you have Deoxys in play. That way you'll one shot Blastoise and have a 50/50 chance at KOing Keldeo.

Flareon could be good late game, especially if KlinKlang Cobalion is still a thing. Otherwise no...

Vaporeon needs Deoxys to KO Landorus, otherwise it's nothing special.

Espeon has some nice cheap attacks, but that's all it has going for it.

As for Jolteon, the first attack is colorless... That's the only thing it has goingfor it.

Overall, these do look better than most eeveelutions we've had, but I don't expect them to be huge.

PellOfTheTundra said:
Kingdra only functions when you have water or lightning in the discard. WHEN, in Fluffychomp, are you throwing Waters into the discard?

My thing with adding a small tech line to Keldeo is that early-midgame energy loss is inevitable. Energy Retrievals only go so far, and thus, Dragon Maelstrom can do two things at once: hit for a lot of damage (9 energy back to the deck for 180) and get energy you lost back to your deck.

My concern with Kingdra in Keldeo is that I'm not sure if the slight extra inconsistency is worth the 2 slots in the deck when they could be used for consistency cards. Keldeo/Blastoise already does well as it is, though I don't know what kind of effect Black Kyurem EX PS will have on the energy supply, either.

pokedan24 said:
I don't know, Glaceon and Umbreon are the only ones that stand out as playable and that's because of the what they do for your plasma pokemon.

Leafeon is only good if Keldeo is taking the offensive route. A lot of the time, Keldeo is played for the ability alone and not as an attacker. The second attack is only good if you have Deoxys in play. That way you'll one shot Blastoise and have a 50/50 chance at KOing Keldeo.

Flareon could be good late game, especially if KlinKlang Cobalion is still a thing. Otherwise no...

Vaporeon needs Deoxys to KO Landorus, otherwise it's nothing special.

Espeon has some nice cheap attacks, but that's all it has going for it.

As for Jolteon, the first attack is colorless... That's the only thing it has goingfor it.

Overall, these do look better than most eeveelutions we've had, but I don't expect them to be huge.

Leafeon: Again, it's a tech option against a fairly popular deck (Keldeo/Blastoise). If your deck doesn't have a problematic match-up against it, it's not worth the space. The only time it might be worth space is if you already run Eevee for something else, but it's most certainly not worth tossing an Eevee in for the sole purpose of Leafeon if you don't have that tough match-up.

Vaporeon: I've also just realized that Plasma Kyurem is generally the better play over Vaporeon, as it's far more usable across the board and doesn't bear the burden of evolving from Eevee.

Jolteon: I saw the colorless attack, too, but the flippy nature of the attack makes it too unreliable to use, and there isn't really anything weak to electric that is popular at the moment. Lugia EX is about the only thing that comes to mind when Plasma Freeze comes out, but there's generally better options to combat that. Main attackers can easily match Jolteon's weakness-boosted damage output. About the only slot it might find in a deck is a toolbox Eeveelutions deck or a Vileplume-oriented deck. Beyond that slim chance, it's really lacking.

Espeon: I REALLY do want to find out what this guy can do. As you said, his attacks aren't bad for their cost. I think it'll center around how to best abuse his snipe, while the other attack is just okey-ish for N insurance. N insurance alone isn't enough to justify play, I don't think. I have one idea for him at the moment, but I'm not optimistic about it, as it'll be VERY risky to try. Espeon is just a very hard pokemon to try make work, but who knows... maybe someone can get really lucky and possible break him? Unlikely, but I can hope, right? lol

Flareon: It's basically a harder-to-play version of Shaymin EX that doesn't come with the burdens Shaymin faced. They're both usable in the late-game, but Flareon is more restrictive as far as what decks it can be played in, while Shaymin EX is slightly more generic, but risks giving 2 prizes early if you start with him. Flareon also isn't reliant on the number of prizes the opponent has left. It just needs a solid Plasma pokemon discard engine. I can't see any non-Plasma decks trying to use Flareon, as Benchtini outclasses it in that regard if a fire type is needed to counter Plasma Klinklang (and only if, as you said, it becomes popular).

I don't think those two slots are that wasted with Kingdra. If you have to KO a Sigilyph or Cobalion-EX, you must expect whatever you used to die. When it does, Energy is going down with it. You want that back, right? So you use Kingdra's Dragon Maelstrom to get all of them back into your deck on one energy, and do some heavy damage (if 5 energy Blastoise must be used to KO something, you're doing 100 damage iirc once you Maelstrom).

Remember, Flareon has a number of awesome partners to make it good. Weavile gets pokemon in the discard, and hits for tons of damage. Exeggcute makes Weavile's damage output more consistent. Ho-Oh provides energy accel once you Scapegoats it away. Eevee helps you get eeveelutions in your hand to discard.

Egg Weasel is going to be a lot of fun, but whether or not it's a top deck will be seen.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

Puff-Sun said:
Remember, Flareon has a number of awesome partners to make it good. Weavile gets pokemon in the discard, and hits for tons of damage. Exeggcute makes Weavile's damage output more consistent. Ho-Oh provides energy accel once you Scapegoats it away. Eevee helps you get eeveelutions in your hand to discard.

I don't know why I didn't think about Exeggcute/Weavile! That makes it a lot more viable. I'm still not entirely sold on Weavile/Flareon even with Exeggcute, as I'm not a fan of the obvious frality the deck faces and turn 2 setup when Plasma Kyurem solves both of those issues and avoids the dreaded fighting weakness (thus decreasing the odds of being donked by Landorus EX). However, I could see a Weavile working with Plasma Kyurem itself to fill in the turn 1 gap. Early game pressure is critical to protect those brittle basics, because unlike Eels, you don't get anything broken out of Weavile, just a glass cannon. Your opponent is forced to either burn a Catcher to KO the Sneasel and still stare down an angry Kyurem, or combat the current Kyurem threat directly and allow a potential Weavile to finish what Kyurem started. It's really a win-win in the end. If "Egg Weasel" has a chance, it's going to pivot on that very concept of offense being the best defense. Though I could see Cobalion EX causing problems by hitting for 60 due to weakness AND discarding that precious Plasma Energy (then again, a Flareon or Benchtini tech could be possible in that regard).

I really don't see the eeveelutions doing good. I can see them being in fun decks and that's all.

Kingdra might get a deck of its own. It won't be very good and may be like T3 or just a rogue.

I feel like Rotom/Kingdra might be a good deck. Throw all to enahgee into the graves, get it all back out...

Now that I think about it... No. It won't be a deck of its own. BTW who likes that Registeel is made a joke by it? 1 energy for its triple laser thing lolololoo.

But Kingdra is a good tech for Blastoise/Keldeo or Blastoise/Kyurem. I haz tested this.

PellOfTheTundra said:
I feel like Rotom/Kingdra might be a good deck. Throw all to enahgee into the graves, get it all back out...

Now that I think about it... No. It won't be a deck of its own. BTW who likes that Registeel is made a joke by it? 1 energy for its triple laser thing lolololoo.

But Kingdra is a good tech for Blastoise/Keldeo or Blastoise/Kyurem. I haz tested this.

I don't think Rotom/Kingdra. I tried Empoleon/Kingdra and was neat. You don't need much energy so you can discard it. You get extra draw and discarding the energy. Its fast for being 2 stages 2. I generally have Empoleon by T3 and from there on, set up is fast. You can also use Attack Command to get through a lot of Pokemon. I never said it could be big in the meta. It would be rogue or Tier 3 IMO.

I don't know how good it is as a tech. The problem I would see is that your opponent will see horsea and might just KO it. Unless you try Ditto (which the same might happen) but will have more deck space.

I am not sure how targeting down a single Horsea on the bench will get it dead. Unless you're against Darkrai, it doesn't exactly pose a giant threat, so unless they specifically say "OH I GOTTA KILL THIS NOW," I think they'll focus down Keldeo or Black Kyurem over it most days.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

Wes1234 said:
Puff-Sun said:

I don't know why I didn't think about Exeggcute/Weavile! That makes it a lot more viable. I'm still not entirely sold on Weavile/Flareon even with Exeggcute, as I'm not a fan of the obvious frality the deck faces and turn 2 setup when Plasma Kyurem solves both of those issues and avoids the dreaded fighting weakness (thus decreasing the odds of being donked by Landorus EX). However, I could see a Weavile working with Plasma Kyurem itself to fill in the turn 1 gap. Early game pressure is critical to protect those brittle basics, because unlike Eels, you don't get anything broken out of Weavile, just a glass cannon. Your opponent is forced to either burn a Catcher to KO the Sneasel and still stare down an angry Kyurem, or combat the current Kyurem threat directly and allow a potential Weavile to finish what Kyurem started. It's really a win-win in the end. If "Egg Weasel" has a chance, it's going to pivot on that very concept of offense being the best defense. Though I could see Cobalion EX causing problems by hitting for 60 due to weakness AND discarding that precious Plasma Energy (then again, a Flareon or Benchtini tech could be possible in that regard).

You do have a T1 setup, which is pretty cool. Lets you abuse Pokemon Communications pretty well.
Eevee – Colorless – HP60
Basic Pokemon

[C] Signs of Evolution: Search your deck for up to 3 cards that evolve from Eevee, show them to your opponent, and put them into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward.
[C][C][C] Bite: 30 damage.

Weakness: Fighting (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1

Dat first attack is soooooo good.

Puff-Sun said:
Wes1234 said:

You do have a T1 setup, which is pretty cool. Lets you abuse Pokemon Communications pretty well.
Eevee – Colorless – HP60
Basic Pokemon

[C] Signs of Evolution: Search your deck for up to 3 cards that evolve from Eevee, show them to your opponent, and put them into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward.
[C][C][C] Bite: 30 damage.

Weakness: Fighting (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1

Dat first attack is soooooo good.

Definately the Eevee of choice. Unfortunately, Landorus EX eats it for breakfast. if you have to start with an Eevee, you want it to be this one, but it's still not a favorable starter. In fact, my plan for Flareon is going to involve using T1 Kyurem in a deck with a fat Eeveelution arsenal (Leafeons, Umbreons, and Glaceons) and a Team Plasma-based discard engine to abuse the large Plasma pokemon count. Eevees have always had the nifty little trick of not being completely restricted in what they can evolve in like other pokemon, so rather than having a useless Flareon rotting on your bench early game, why not use those Eevees to support Kyurem's efforts? Umbreon extra HP bonus makes Kyurems a little more difficult to kill, and Glaceon's retreat reduction (free retreat in this case) opens up a realm of new possibilities, allowing you to conserve energy and pull off consecutive Blizzard Burns (the 120 damage attack). Flareon can then step in when your engine has discarded a sizable number of pokemon to finish what Kyurem and his snipes started.

I've already prepared a decklist for this idea, and it's actually the first one that seems like it just might work. Kyurem's early pressure is great, and his weakness can be somewhat covered by Flareon's presense should PlasmaKlang remain big. It's able to use techs without hindering its consistency a lot, something that only a handful of decks can accomplish right now (or so that's the theory, anyways). Still got a few minor issues I need to work out, though, but until I can actually test the list, I'm not going to stress over it too much. My biggest concern is the presense of early-game Cobalion EXs. Flareon is nice against it, but it's like a mini-gun, requiring a bit of time before it can get going. Meanwhile, Cobalion EX is discarding my precious Plasma Energy and hitting my Kyurem's weakness. No Eeveelution techs can respond very quickly to that threat, and I don't know of any other fast, non-demanding Plasma pokemon that doesn't have a steel weakness and still apply the kind of pressure Kyurem can.

You know what Plasma Pokémon is scurry?

Not Mr. Mime.

Actually, he is EXTREMELY scary for Darkrai and Landorus, but not in the same regard.

PellOfTheTundra said:
You know what Plasma Pokémon is scurry?

Not Mr. Mime.

Actually, he is EXTREMELY scary for Darkrai and Landorus, but not in the same regard.

Plasma Kyurem might also have issues with Mr Mime.

Mr. Mime is always a jerk.

ALWAYS.

EVERY TIME IT IS PRINTED.

That's not true. Elite Mr. Mime is bad.

Anyone thought of Plasma Electrode? Free bicycle every turn! :3 good for decks that like a small hand, like Darkrai, where you are already playing down most of your hand.

But yes, I agree with most of this.

PellOfTheTundra said:
Mr. Mime is always a jerk.

ALWAYS.

EVERY TIME IT IS PRINTED.

That's not true. Elite Mr. Mime is bad.

Anyone thought of Plasma Electrode? Free bicycle every turn! :3 good for decks that like a small hand, like Darkrai, where you are already playing down most of your hand.

But yes, I agree with most of this.

I don't think Electrode will be good. It is bicycle in a stage 1. It is not going to be good IMO.

I thought something like Hammertime might like the draw power.

Excuse me for trying to innovate.

PellOfTheTundra said:
I thought something like Hammertime might like the draw power.

Excuse me for trying to innovate.

Sorry if I offended you. Its inferior to bicycle so it won't see much play.

You didn't offend me >.<

But honestly, in decks that rely on massive draw power, 4 bicycle isn't enough.

Back