• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Tooldrop (Trubbish / Starmie)

Bakphoon

Aspiring Trainer
Is this Deck Okay, It's a ToolDrop Deck with Starmie, I'm pretty sure I don't need to explain, also can someone tell me about how much this deck will cost and what I should drop or add?
The Deck itself:

Pokemon: 16
  • 4 Trubbish
  • 1 Garbodor
  • 3 Sigilyph
  • 3 Staryu
  • 3 Starmie
  • 1 Surskit
  • 1 Masquerain
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 36
  • 2 Professor Juniper
  • 1 N
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 2 VS seeker
  • 1 Head Ringer
  • 1 Bicycle
  • 4 Dimension Valley
  • 4 Muscle Band
  • 2 Float Stone
  • 2 Hard Charm
  • 3 Team Flare Grunt
  • 1 Silver Bangle
  • 1 Ace Trainer
  • 2 Switch
  • 1 Rescue Scarf
  • 1 Elesa
  • 4 Level Ball
  • 2 Pokemon Catcher
  • 1 Escape Rope
Energy: 8
  • 8 Psychic Energy
Strategy:

Also is any of this illegal in Standard Format?

-silver bangle
-professor juniper
-N
-bicycle
And is the sigiliph out breakpoint or not?
And surskit and masquerain?

Play Eco arm, because of startling megaphone.
3/4 ( ace trainer )draw supporters is IMO not enough to keep the deck going.
And why starmie?
The expanded cards are:
Trubbish PLS
Sigilyph PLB
Surskit and Masquerian PLB
Prof Juniper (but there is prof sycamore)
Bicycle
Rescue scarf
Silver bangle
So do you want to make your deck standard legal?

I can't tell you what to add or delete, but I can share my decklist. This decklist is extremely good, and if an opponent lacks a complete counter card they straight up lose. Having played over 500 games with this deck and made over 100 edits, I'd say the below is the best possible version of this deck.

Pokemon (11)
4 Trubbish (Attack :Tool Drop)
2 Entei (Ancient Trait: Double)
2 Sigilyph: (Ability: Toolbox)
3 Shaymin-EX

Trainers (45)
3 Professor Sycamore
1 N
4 Ultra Ball
1 Scoop Up Cyclone
4 Bicycle
4 Trainer's Mail
4 Acro Bike
4 Puzzle of Time
1 Super Rod
2 Eco Arm
1 Sparkling Robe
1 Silver Mirror
4 Float Stone
4 Muscle Band
4 Exp Share (Energy of the FUTURE)
3 Dimension Valley (Energy of the NOW)

Energy (4)
4 Psychic Energy (Just average energy)

Numbers may vary very slightly, and you can sometimes beat bad matchups with preparation and the right cards. Too many small interactions with the expanded metagame to explain, but with enough usage you'll figure it out. Head Ringer against Seismitoad and Giratina EX and Hex Maniac against item lock abilities are always nice, while enough Eco Arms and Super Rods actually beat Startling Megaphone and Crushing Hammer sometimes.

Good luck dropping tools!

Last edited:
Exp share can be a good addition as can soul dew making energy less of an issue so you can make more room for. I also think starmie has little purpose in this and will just clunk it up. 4 floats stones is also a must and as others have said your gonna want 2-3 eco arm probably as startling megaphone will wreck your deck. As will silent lab and hex plays

Back