Too poor for mewtwo EX

AmishEskimoNinja

Hating durant since 11/16/11
So I've been trying to figure out which deck to run at states, but it seems like all of the best ones need mewtwo ex. 6 corners, eels, gothivoir all require a mewtwo ex or two. Which is kind of upsetting since they are still about $50. I know they'll probably come down in price eventually, but that doesn't change the fact that I have no idea what I'm going to run at states without it.

Knowing P!P they'll come out with a promo mewtwo EX when everyone has moved on anyway.

The best I can tell you is either go rogue, or suck it up and buy/trade for them. There's really no way around it.

AmishEskimoNinja said:
You guys are trolling right? I hope? *points at user title*

Not really, if you can't play Mewtwo then suck it up and play Durant for 1 weekend. If you won't do that then play Tyram, mewbox or rogue and expect to not place extremely well. If you won't do that then don't expect to play high end. Nothing personal, but that's just how the meta is right now: conform to a mewtwo driven metagame or don't expect to topcut :\

We know how much you hate Durant, hence under username, but it is your only hope.

I would go with ReshiPhlosion if you don't want to use Durant. (I honestly think Durant is your best bet in this case, but I know how much you hate it)

EDIT: Forgot about ReshiBoar EX, if you want to use that.

Not playing Mewtwo EX in any of the decks you listed above isn't all that bad. You are much more likely to do better at States with a deck like Mangezone Eels that isn't carrying a Mewtwo, than some weird rogue. Mewtwo is simply the icing on the cake, decks like Eels variants, 6 Corners, ReshiBoar EX and so forth can all do well without Mewtwo. You could also look into Chandelure, ZPST, Mewbox, or google's. It isn't the end of the world.

Also, Durant is going to get stomped on in our meta, and he clearly isn't going to play it, so everyone should seriously just stop suggesting it. No new ideas are circulating.

AmishEskimoNinja said:
So is typhlosion Resharim EX officially better than Emboar Resharim EX?

If you can play a consistent ReshiBoar EX list, it is at least 5 times better than Tyram IMO. With that being said, from personal experience I have found that building ReshiBoar EX well is extremely hard to do. It's really player preference, but I would say ReshiBoar is much better, the tricky part is list building.

The thing that Boar has over 'phlosion is the need to only set up one Emboar. You can also use more ReshEX. With Typhlosion you end up having to use more BW reshiram.

Get A Job is a pretty good meta counter. Im pretty sure it won a few Gym Challenges in Japan.

Go with Phlosion if you dont want to use Durant. You need Mewtwo in Boar, even though it is a lot better.

EDIT: If you wanted to, I guess you could try fitting in a few Rocky Helmet to substitute Mewtwo. You wouldn't be able to use Eviolite though, which would make you need to run more Victini and you would still be in a tight spot if you got double tails.

You could go for a google variant centered around Regi and Kyurem EX. Drop in some Cobalions and Terrakions for the meta-call and you have a deck which is pretty slow and techy but at least you're not getting OHKO-ed each turn.

Arcanyx said:
You could go for a google variant centered around Regi and Kyurem EX. Drop in some Cobalions and Terrakions for the meta-call and you have a deck which is pretty slow and techy but at least you're not getting OHKO-ed each turn.
This. I run a google with 2 Kyurem EX and a Reshiram EX. It's great against most decks. Try it if you want.

HenryP said:
Get A Job is a pretty good meta counter. Im pretty sure it won a few Gym Challenges in Japan.

But I have a job. I was asking about a deck.

Seriously, what the heck is "Get a job" and why did someone name it that?

HenryP said:
I was completely joking. *Implying that you should buy the Mewtwos

I actually do have a job. (I bet I make more than you) But I can't stand the thought of spending $120 on enough Mewtwos to run a deck. Whiny? Yes.

Back