Yanmega Prime/Magnezone Prime
Lanturn Prime/Eelektrik

Tier 2:

Reshiram/Typhlosion
Gothitelle (EP47)/Reuniclus BW
Vanilluxe/Vileplume/Victini (NV14)
Durant

RE: Tier List

I don't know much about Lanturn's performance in today's game, but other than the Fighting weakness it seems legit. It has the Pachi/Shaymin engine (or I guess you could use Feraligatr...), and the ability to switch types. Granted, Lightning isn't the greatest attacking type, and you can't really rely on it's ability to beat DOnphan (due to the aforementioned Fighting weakness), but it still seems decent enough to make it as Tier 3. IMO, it's better than Feralitoise.

Possibly add "Yanmega Variants" to either Tier 1 or Tier 2 as it sees competitive play with Kingdra Prime, Magnezone Prime, Donphan Prime, and many others

I have a question about Gengar. Under Tier 3, it says "Gengar (Forms other than Mewgar)." Does that mean that the one in Tier 2 is MewGar exclusively? If so, shouldn't it say "MewGar" instead of "Gengar (Gengar Prime with techs and Lost World)?"

Steelix isn't Tier 3. It will hardly be played due to Magneboar and Reshiboar being Tier 1.

Also, what do you think about adding "Vileplume Variants (with Muk, Mew, or others)" to Tier 2? It did pretty well in Canada and counters Stage 2s by stopping Rare Candys.

Well, Plume+others kind of varies because if Plume was combo'd with something, then that Pokemon also had it's own variants.

You could also ask what Chiccino was. It's Cinccino. And this list looks good to me.

I really disagree with Yanmega being tier one. I mean sure it's fast and the fighting resistance is nice, but it has some of the worst matchups in the meta:

Reshiram's Blue Flare OHKOs it, and is fairly fast
Magnezone's Lost Burn OHKOs it and has weakness, so it only needs two energy
Zekrom OHKOs it, and can do so with outrage if Yanmega attacks it at all
Machamp's Champ Buster does enough damage to bypass resistance, and Yanmega can only 3 shot it or Donphan unless it has pluspower.

I feel Yanmega is too fragile and overall is fairly overated in a meta that primarily seems to revolve around oneshotting the opponent. 40 and snipe isn't that good and 70 isn't that great either considering that no one resists grass anyway, not really. If Kyruemgatr gets popular I guess you could drag out Gatr and Sonic Boom it, but until then Yanmega does not strike me as a tier one deck. Speed is nice, but there are decks about as fast that can do more.

Magnevire said:
If Kyruemgatr gets popular I guess you could drag out Gatr and Sonic Boom it, but until then Yanmega does not strike me as a tier one deck. Speed is nice, but there are decks about as fast that can do more.

If KyureGatr doesn't get popular, i'll laugh. I alrdy see it being good even it has yanmega weakness. If KyureGatr player sees yanma on bench he can always prepare more kyurems.

Yeah that's the other thing. Unlike Reshiram which needs constant energy drop to function smoothly, Kyruem can drop the energy on a couple Kyurems once and be set for a few prizes.

I wonder what will come of Scizor when Bearplume and Kyuregatr get established.

Tyraniking, not to be rude, but you forgot to put Trainer Lock (Vileplume and techs) and Status (Leafeon, Houndoom Prime, etc.), but I'm not sure if the latter is rogue, but I'm pretty sure the former is not rogue. And by Vileplume techs, I mean like Mismagius.

I predict a flame war. Nobody will agree on Tiers...

For Example, I completely disagree with whoever said Yanmega is bad, and this post.

OU Pokemon said:
Tyraniking, not to be rude, but you forgot to put Trainer Lock (Vileplume and techs) and Status (Leafeon, Houndoom Prime, etc.), but I'm not sure if the latter is rogue, but I'm pretty sure the former is not rogue. And by Vileplume techs, I mean like Mismagius.

Yeah that was me, and I'm saying I don't agree with it as a standalone. I see how it works in Zekrom though, and apparently a Yanmega and Magnezone took one of the top two spots in MegaZone...didn't see that one coming. Might be worth a tier analysis anyway.

And I think there will be a rough consensus. Will it be exact? Hell no. But people can probably at least come to terms with some decks. In terms of flame wars...well, mods are here for a reason, and unlike a certain other site I go to, these guys are pretty active.

Magnevire said:
Yeah that was me, and I'm saying I don't agree with it as a standalone. I see how it works in Zekrom though, and apparently a Yanmega and Magnezone took one of the top two spots in MegaZone...didn't see that one coming. Might be worth a tier analysis anyway.

And I think there will be a rough consensus. Will it be exact? heck no. But people can probably at least come to terms with some decks. In terms of flame wars...well, mods are here for a reason, and unlike a certain other site I go to, these guys are pretty active.

MegaZone might have won your nats, but it doesn't mean it's tier 1. Current format is very luck based with all the flips.

It's tier one but it's not BDIF. It had a good showing in both US and Canada Nationals so it's good.

Riskbreakers said:
It's tier one but it's not BDIF. It had a good showing in both US and Canada Nationals so it's good.

Still not finding it better than ZPSmega nor TyphloRam. Which are very fast and can screw MegaZone easily before setup.

MegaZone is a great deck paired with the right cards. With judge it refuses to let your opponent set up properly by disrupting their hand and allows you to attack for no energy. I helped build one of these decks for nats last week until you play against one you really have no idea how fast and frustrating it is to play against. I agree it may not be BDIF but it is real close.

Back