• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Thundurus/Deoxys/Lugia

TheEpicTepig

Belgian Senior Champ
Hi everyone,
This is my first thread on Pokébeach so I hope it's alright!

Pokemon (10)
Trainers (38)
Energy (12)
Strategy
So the strategy around this deck is to begin with Thundurus EX so you can start with 30 damage T1, you can boost that attack by having Deoxys EX on the bench (10 damage for each Deoxys. Thundurus EX is also one of the 2 energy accelerators, the attack 'Raiden Knuckle' lets you attach an energy card from the discard pile to one of your benched Pokémon, the other one is Colress Machine, that Item Card lets you search your deck for a Plasma Energy and attach it to one of you Pokémon. So that is how you'll try to get your Lugia EX/Deoxys EX/Kyurem ready to attack. There are also the Hypnotoxic Lasers that can give you in combination with Virbank City Gym the extra damage to donk or to give you an advantage in the meta-game. The most special thing in this deck, is the 2 Tool Scrapper, it is actually to remove the Plasma Badges so the other deck are less strong.

So give me your thoughts about my deck, and I hope it was a good first thread! :cool:

Hey there! The first thing I would is do is jack that Juniper count to four. It's needed for consistency, and I think you can do that by cutting a Random Receiver. The card's good, but you'd rather draw into a Juniper than draw into RR and get...a Skyla. Or something like that. Second of all, I would cut the Cheren and the other RR for another Skyla and a Bianca. Bianca can act as another Juniper with an empty hand, and can get you a few more cards than Cheren when played correctly. Your Pokémon line is fine, (consider testing an Absol), so good job thus far!

Some people prefer actual suporters and others prefer RR, I agree with you to cut 1 RR for an extra Juniper and I've just changed the Cheren for a Team Plasma Grunt since it's brilliant with Thundurus' Raiden Knuckle (Discard a Plasma Energy with Team Plasma Grunt and attach it to a benched Pokémon with Raiden Knuckle). And I don't think that Absol will work in this deck, you'll have to change the Blends into the other one and then you can't use it for Thundurus and since it is the number one attacker I prefer that :p Thanks for the critics by the way!

Actually I have tested absol and he is great, just run 1 and use a prism energy for his attack. Mind jack is brutal

I can believe that but one of the most strong deck against this deck is a Landorus EX-deck and he has weakness against water so I think in those situations i'd prefer to have a Kyurem than an Absol. :p

It's just nice to be able to deal 20 + whatevernumberofDeoxys-EX + their number of Benched Pokémon x 20 for a Colress Machine and a Prism. This could be devastating early game, because once they see that Absol, they have to reconsider their set-up. They can no longer play three Tynamos without the risk of compensating for getting pounded by Mind Jack later. While Landorus-EX 2HKOs this, it's still a nice option against your PlasmaKlang match-up, which is a larger threat than Landy.

I suggest taking a shadow triad out and team plasma grunt and putting in 2 DBC cause you need more then 12 energy you want to be able to get energy in the discard and with only 12 in your deck your not gonna have much in your hand all the time, and maybe run a snorlax cause hes a beast.

Colress is good in these kind of decks because you're already filling your bench, and your opponent has to as we'll, so you draw a lot of cards

Back