Discussion Thoughts on Salazzle GX

ztstephenson

Aspiring Trainer
I was curious as to peoples thoughts on Salazzle GX. I don't hear much talk about it but I honestly think it is a decent card that could actually be played

It's a win more card and should be partnered with something. You pretty much have to play it with the other Salazzle in a Muk GX deck but it's super thick on the Pokemon line.

I have a 1-1 Line of Salazzle GX in my turt/Volc deck. On turn one I can Kiawe and place energies on my turt along with the energy attached on it already. Turn 2 I hit for 160. With band and volc I can hit 200+. Pretty much knock out anything. On turn 3 because I had 5 and discarded 2 because of his attack I'm down to 3 and can still attack an can possibly take 4 prizes by turn 3. 4 prizes taken. Salazzle with be doing 200 damage for 2 energy. Salazzle is very underrated right now IMO.

Salazzle is a soon to be hot new tech (hah, see what I did there) that can be incorporated as a 1-1 in most fire decks. It is good for last minute scenarios to secure your victory without your opponent messing up your lead.

I agree that Salazzle is a very underrated card. I think it could be its own deck. It's specialty would be a super easy and consistent setup. A stage 1 with two energy attachments is super easy and pretty quick compared to Gardevoir and Metagross who could take 3-4 turns to set up. A consistent 110 or 140 damage is enough to get a few easy KOs early, then just switch to Diabolical Claws to bring it home. Queen's Haze can annoy the heck out of Gardevoir too. Weakness on Metagross is nice too.

I think it would have to be played with Garbodor. It slows down Gardevoir, Bulu, Metagross, and Golisopod if it is reliant on Zoroark. Unfortunately it would auto-lose to Alolan Ninetails GX, but every deck has an auto-loss.

You'd have to play some Baby Volc as well, but it wouldn't be focused on it.

I agree that Salazzle is a very underrated card. I think it could be its own deck. It's specialty would be a super easy and consistent setup. A stage 1 with two energy attachments is super easy and pretty quick compared to Gardevoir and Metagross who could take 3-4 turns to set up. A consistent 110 or 140 damage is enough to get a few easy KOs early, then just switch to Diabolical Claws to bring it home. Queen's Haze can annoy the heck out of Gardevoir too. Weakness on Metagross is nice too.

I think it would have to be played with Garbodor. It slows down Gardevoir, Bulu, Metagross, and Golisopod if it is reliant on Zoroark. Unfortunately it would auto-lose to Alolan Ninetails GX, but every deck has an auto-loss.

Garb and salazzle? That's "Hot garbage". About to play test this sucker lol!

Thank you so much for the deck idea! Play testing has been great so far! Queen's Haze is amazing. Currently Undefeated against Volc. Yes that Volc.
Here's the link to the deck list: http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/threads/salazzle-gx-garb-hot-garbage-input-please.141686/
Would love your input!

Back