Discussion Thoughts on Darkrai EX/GX Turbo Deck?

Cooper

Aspiring Trainer
This combo could be amazing discard the Darkrai GXs while charging up Darkrai EX or Yveltal to spread energy around and deal a decent amount of damage. Nihelgo GX could be a good tech to use its ability and put a condition so you can Dead End GX or use Nihilego's GX move to get an advantage. I would run altar of the moone to get free retreat in case of trouble. What are your thoughts? Any feedback is appreciated.

Actually, I'm thinking about building Zoroark GX/Darkrai GX when Shining Legends releases. I don't expect it to be fantastic, but it has potential to be really fun to play.

Zoroark & Zoroark GX are great attackers and have great synergy with Darkrai GX and Nihilego GX.

Zoroark GX's ability is discard a card to draw 2 cards, which basically means discard a Darkness Energy or a Darkrai GX and pop them back on the bench.

Since Darkrai GX can revive for free (assuming no ability negation from Alolan Muk/Garbodor), you will basically always have a full bench to hit for the max damage with Zoroark GX, which does 20 damage times the number of Pokemon you have in play for 120 max, and only costs 2 colorless energy to use.

Running Nihilego GX would simly be for the status to Dead End GX in a much more reliable fashion than running a 2/2 Salazzle line. You aren't going to run Psychic energy in this deck to use its GX attack, plus you will also have access to Zoroark GX's GX attack to copy your opponent's moves. Having 2 GX attacks at your disposal is good enough.

Having Zoroark's Stand In ability means you can evolve up a Zoroark in the bench and attach float stone/Altar of the Moone, bench a Nihilego GX to apply status, Stand In/retreat to clear status off your Darkrai GX, and there's 2 prizes.

Outside of Max Elixir, I probably wouldn't run any other turboing options in a deck like this.

Back