• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard This is what I'm looking at

Garbodor is one of the most format defining cards there is right now and it's just a few bucks for a playset. Last format, Vespiquen was one of the biggest decks, and there have been lots of good non-EX/GX decks in the recent past. Expanded has a lot more non-EX/GX focused decks right now.

Most decks will use both GX and non-GX pokemon, if you run a non-GX card you can force your opponent to take 4 KOs instead of 3 against a pure GX/EX list.

And in terms of expenses, Tapu Lele-GX is the big cost barrier, everything else is pretty cheap. Gardy/Golisopod are like $10ea but the average GX card is $3-6. Lele is like Shaymin-EX last format, it's expensive but you use it in every deck, so once you've got it building new decks is cheap.

I won't be able to play tapu lele. not now at least, possibly not for a very long time. Therefore, I've been looking through the GX pokemon, and I think Lapras might be a good choice. I just need to find good support pokemon for him

I won't be able to play tapu lele. not now at least, possibly not for a very long time. Therefore, I've been looking through the GX pokemon, and I think Lapras might be a good choice. I just need to find good support pokemon for him
Actually I don't think you need support for Lapras. Just through in Crushing Hammers and Plumerias and the like and only run 4 Lapras as your Pokémon. It doesn't need Tapu Lele-GX at all: it is just a liability.

if your having trouble purchasing Tapu Lele's octillery from breakthrough and marshadow from shining legends are cheap, viable options. although they aren't as good as Lele

Back