Ruling Theta Stop and Resistance Blizzard

poke4trade

Raising Ash
Does Theta Stop (Mega Sceptile) stop (Regice) Resistance Blizzard.

Wondering if Mega Sceptiles attack goes through Resistance Blizard after Regice attack.

Moved from the TCG Help & Advice to the Ask a Professor forums as the OP is asking a question on card rulings. ~bbninjas

We'll need an english scan of the cards in question to ensure an accurate ruling.

Does Theta Stop (Mega Sceptile) stop (Regice) Resistance Blizzard.

Wondering if Mega Sceptiles attack goes through Resistance Blizard after Regice attack.

Here are the scan copies.

XY7_EN_24.png

XY7_EN_8.png

Theta Stop has no effect on Resistance Blizzard. Theta Stop protects against effects of Abilties on M Sceptile-EX. Resistance Blizzard is an attack that makes Regicec immune to Pokemon-EX for a turn, not an Ability. The two mechanics do not interact.

Thanks. That is what I thought, PTCGO made me question it.

You should try it on PTCGO. It might be broken. After using Regice attack resistance blizzard on a Mega Sceptile. Mega Sceptile is allowed to attack free and clear because of theta stop.

Thanks. That is what I thought, PTCGO made me question it.

You should try it on PTCGO. It might be broken. After using Regice attack resistance blizzard on a Mega Sceptile. Mega Sceptile is allowed to attack free and clear because of theta stop.
PTCGO is full of issues like this and really isn't a go-to source for rulings for that reason.

PTCGO is full of issues like this and really isn't a go-to source for rulings for that reason.

I know that is why I usually come here to make sure I'm not crazy. It was more agitating cause the opponent was smack talking. Shrugs. It is what it is.

Thanks Again.

Back