TCG Fakes TheR3DX's Fakes

Discussion in 'Creative Works' started by TheR3DX, Oct 19, 2017.

1. TheR3DX Aspiring Trainer
    TheR3DX

After years of lurking in others cAc threads and years of making horrible cards I think I've gotten good enough to start my own thread! Right now I'm working one two sets neither have an official name but I will start posting them here once I get better organized. For now I'm going to post some random fakes I've made over the past few days.

To start off: Jirachi
    [​IMG]
    As you may have noticed Jirachi is the poor mans Tapu Lele. with a slight shift of pros/cons. Firstly Jirachi only gives 1 prize card and can help prize trade against fairy types.

Mewtwo GX + Mewtwo Tool
    [​IMG]
    Okay so first off I love the way this card came out! This card is pretty straight forward using the 2 cards together allows Mewtwo to have free retreat, paralyze, prize denial, and most importantly use the tool to power up the bench (at the cost of losing energy) while swinging for 150. Basically I love the way this turned out!

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017

2. TheR3DX Aspiring Trainer
    TheR3DX

Okay so here's a big one that I made mostly for fun (also warning have a barf bag ready for this one)
    [​IMG]
    This one needs some explaining. The year was 2010 and I had gotten my first personal computer and slowly found out about making fakes. At the time one of my favorite Pokemon was Shadow Lugia and I needed to make a card for it. Having seen what other fakers could do I set out to make the best and most realistic Shadow Lugia a kid could ask for. Having no real photo editing software and no experience in faking I ended up using MS Paint and produced one of the worst fakes of all time. After some less than stellar comments about the card I completely left the account I posted it on and started a new account and never managed to make much card wise... Fast forward several years and you have Shadow Lugia GX the much better card that is semi believable (minus the fact that XD001 isn't used anymore) the GX is a complete overhaul of it's 2010 counterpart. The Shadow Aura does what Shadow Skin tried to do. Shadow Blast has completely changed to reflect it's in game move. And 2010 Shadow Blast attack was reworked into Shadow Downpour GX a way more useful attack.

that ivy guy and aschefield101 like this.
  3. TheR3DX Aspiring Trainer
    TheR3DX

[​IMG]

It's been a while since I've been around. I'm sorry for dropping off the face of the earth to anyone who tried to contact me. I guess this will be my possible return to faking/pokebeach/pokemon in general. I lost my brother back in February and I've only now been able to look at anything pokemon related without being majorly depressed. I made this card to honor my brother and his favorite pokemon. It seems like yesterday we were up all night playing gen 4 and looking up all the fake rumors we could find trying to capture loads of "hidden mons" in the game. I remember us both losing our minds when platinum came out and we could multibattle together at the battle factory, we had spent so much time grinding away to make the "perfect team" that would allow Typlosion and Blastoise to shine. Anyways I'm going to end this post here.

4. TheR3DX Aspiring Trainer
    TheR3DX

[​IMG]

Here's my scrapped July entry. I just couldn't get this to work out how it did in my head

5. Lord Goomy Got Goomies?
    Lord Goomy

And you scrapped this... why?

6. TheR3DX Aspiring Trainer
    TheR3DX

I liked the Ho-Oh I ended up entering more

7. TheR3DX Aspiring Trainer
    TheR3DX

Alright here's a dump of some random stuff
    [​IMG]
    I decided to scrap this to do a spiritual remake of Dark Blastoise which was one of my first Pokémon cards. I do like the way this came out, the blank is a custom blank I've made which I'll be using for future faking
    [​IMG]
    This is the only card I seriously finished from a custom set I scrapped. The set was going to be Evil Owner's Pokemon vs Ultra Beasts vs Wild Pokemon. I couldn't figure out how I was going to distinguish Wild Pokemon from Owner's and UB without creating a new variant of card. I might revisit this set down the line
    [​IMG]
    @Nyora made the text aspects of this fake for the Aug2018 CaC contest. I thought the card had some amazing and interesting effects and weren't to wordy to be able to translate to an image fake.
    [​IMG]
    These are tests of my custom blanks (same used for Articuno). I'm very slowly working on a fake set using these blanks. I need to figure a name out for these blank style

Lord o da rings and bbninjas like this.
  8. TheR3DX Aspiring Trainer
    TheR3DX

In continuing to clean up my computer I found a few more misc cards

[​IMG]
    This was going to be part of a small set of Shiny Pichu, Pikachu, Raichu A-Raichu that I never finished. I love the art work a lot.
    [​IMG]
    I might try and finish this mini set after remembering how much left of this background I can use
    [​IMG]
    So this was one of the "wild" Pokemon meant to go up against Owner's Pokemon as all except the megas are basics
    [​IMG]
    Not sure I like how I split the duel type here, I do like the icon better than the XY era ones we got (thanks asche for that) I will be playing around with duel types more in the future. I feel like it's something the TCG could've done more with

Lord o da rings and Luplayz like this.
  9. TheR3DX Aspiring Trainer
    TheR3DX

[​IMG]
    I found this art a bit ago and I finally figured out how I could use it. I'm really happy with how this came out as this is hands down the best GX I've done to date.

Jabberwock and Lord o da rings like this.
  10. TheR3DX Aspiring Trainer
    TheR3DX

Alright so a little bit of hype here, I believe this is the first non lightning type tag team :D
    [​IMG]
    So I'd first like to thank @aschefield101 for his amazing ability to rip resources, secondly AOI-1 on DA for use of their art. I'm not sure how balanced the attacks are mostly as there's not really a benchmark for how powerful a Tag GX should be let alone a duel type card. Either way this was actually pretty fun to make and allows the usage of some artwork that would otherwise be tricky to use on a card.

bbninjas likes this.
  11. Lord Goomy Got Goomies?
    Lord Goomy

Gosh, I wish I could do this... you set a great example for all future fakers.
    This in now way means I'm going to start image faking.

TheR3DX likes this.
  12. TheR3DX Aspiring Trainer
    TheR3DX

Thanks that means a lot :D
    If you ever change your mind about that, which I think you should, there's a discord channel for faking that'll be super helpful :)

13. now I remember why I'm reminded. its basically Legend Cards Returning as a new Ultra Rare and we never know how it could go.

14. TheR3DX Aspiring Trainer
    TheR3DX

Like every other CAC I have a few scrapped cards to post here
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    So this was the first card I made and after the other cards I made I just feel like this one is overall lacking. The GIF version does have the visual niche but the AT, Ability and Attacks kinda fall flat. Sure I could change stuff but I had already abandon this card in favor of the others I made.
    [​IMG]
    I probably would've gone with this one had I saved correctly. I really like the idea of the Pokemon breaking through the card template and will be revisiting that idea later down the line. This got scrapped because I wanted to change the attack. 5 energy for 300 and discard all energy is pretty boring and I feel like there's more room to be creative with an attack.
    [​IMG]
    This one was my favorite of the rejects attack wise. I feel like this Mewtwo EX would've fit into the BW-XY meta pretty nicely. The card itself is a mix of various Mewtwo cards from the past and the attacks mesh well without being too broken.

Jabberwock and bbninjas like this.
  15. bbninjas Ready or Not!
    bbninjas

Advanced Member Member

I'm very fascinated by this Regi-GX .gif, R3! I was totally expecting the overdone "shiny holosheet" gif; it seems like nothing much, but the reserved approach with the lights actually makes quite a powerful impression without it being blatantly 'in-your-face' or a wild 'look-at-me'. Very clever!

Jabberwock and TheR3DX like this.
  16. TheR3DX Aspiring Trainer
    TheR3DX

Thanks BB! I have another gif card in the works that if I can do it right will be insane

17. TheR3DX Aspiring Trainer
    TheR3DX

[​IMG]
    After this was confirmed real I had to make a card for it. I based the ability off the bit of lore we got talking about Meltan being able to absorb metal into its body. The attack is based off the line I used in my dex entry about it being able to generate electricity.

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 0 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?