Speculation [Theory] The Next Pokemon Games

They wouldn't make a new Pokémon midway through a gen, unless that said Pokémon can't be properly used in-game until future generations; like Marill and Kecleon. They wouldn't just straight-up add a non-form change Pokémon to a 3rd game/sequel like that.

Why not? The only difference between a new Pokemon and a form change or Mega Evolution is that the new Pokemon has a number.

Also, where would said dragon Eeveelution even go in the dex? After Volcanion? An Event Pokémon that isn't even released yet? Kids would question why they can't find Pokémon #721, but can #722.

It's not like that hasn't happened before. Why can't I find #151 when I can find #152? And more recently, why can't I find #385 when I can find #386?

Well sure they could, but there is no precedent for it, and it begs the question as to why they'd even include pokemon they don't make proper use of till later (like Zygarde and event legends).

That said though, I'd love it if they shaked this precise setup up by throwing the "generation"-concept out the window altogether, and release different sized batches of Pokémon for any new game. (an example could be, if they added all the sinnoh-pokes in DP, most of the sinnoh-legends, but kept all the evolutions, giratina and event legends out until Platinum). The sacrifice would be backwards trading anything new mid-generation, but personally that wouldn't bother me, since we are buying each game for what it offers at that time, and because that is what's happening already anyway, just in generational steps... (which also happen to be prone to hackers spoiling them).

Well sure they could, but there is no precedent for it, and it begs the question as to why they'd even include pokemon they don't make proper use of till later (like Zygarde and event legends).

That said though, I'd love it if they shaked this precise setup up by throwing the "generation"-concept out the window altogether, and release different sized batches of Pokémon for any new game. (an example could be, if they added all the sinnoh-pokes in DP, most of the sinnoh-legends, but kept all the evolutions, giratina and event legends out until Platinum). The sacrifice would be backwards trading anything new mid-generation, but personally that wouldn't bother me, since we are buying each game for what it offers at that time, and because that is what's happening already anyway, just in generational steps... (which also happen to be prone to hackers spoiling them).
Hmm. Kind of like how they're releasing alt forms and mega evolutions?

Well Masuda did say he wanted to surprise people. If Zygarde or the event legends weren't there, that would be a dead giveaway.

There was no precedent for B2/W2 and it was done so the idea isn't unthinkable.

There was no precedent for B2/W2 and it was done so the idea isn't unthinkable.

1. I even started the sentence saying they could do it
2. followed by first point why it is not likely (which you addressed as if it was my main point for some reason)
3. followed by the more crucial point, pointing out there would be no reason for them to put any pokemon in initial games that won't debut until a later game (which you ignored..)

1. I even started the sentence saying they could do it
2. followed by first point why it is not likely (which you addressed as if it was my main point for some reason)
3. followed by the more crucial point, pointing out there would be no reason for them to put any pokemon in initial games that won't debut until a later game (which you ignored..)

Exactly because I just wanted to make a point about breaking patterns and precedents, not about the viability or logic of doing it in the case of Pokémon that would debut a game later.

LOL (i haven't read the previous posts) your name >.<

Anyway I find it pretty believable. Ehm.. I mean only the part that the announcement will be made soon, because I believe on March Junichi Masuda said that he was preparing for his next beg announcement, but still nothing so it might be the next pokemon game. Unfortunately, I would say at least this October, because of the TCG. ORAS packs were only 2 and we already have hoopa on the line, so the next set will be from the new games. Now:
1)The 2 zygarde forms are pretty obvious.
2)The new pokemon and eeveelution are probably a safe guess considering that the kalos pokedex was small...

anyway we weren't born yesterday... I am 100% sure that these are fake... Only the rumours water master posted 2-3 years ago proved real from a dozen of others that were wrong... [edit:] In fact they were so true that the "leaker" had to fake some to sound like he was telling part truth. I am talking about the starter types. At first he had told Water/Dark and Grass/Fighting (the correct one), but later he changed those secondary types. And he didn't discuss about super details. Only about things that caught our eye like Mewtwo, Gogoat and new poke's

Last edited:

Because of precedent? No, Leaf Ranger is right, if 5th gen has proved anything it's that precedents are near worthless.

Again, if they omitted Zygarde until the third game we'd know something's up, that either there would be no third version or it would be added later. But since Zygarde is in the first two games like usual it makes it harder to predict, there's about a dozen different things they could do with Zygarde based on what we know at this point.

I believe that BW2 eliminated the plausibility of predictions about future games, based on patterns that go beyond the latest released game, really.
That, the fact that fifth gen didn't have remakes before moving on to the sixth, and that the sixth was only half the usual size, and only one eeveelution was added, makes it so we can't really go beyond the information provided by the games themselves, and some logic, to speculate.

From that, all we can reasonably get is that:
-There will be a third installment for gen VI (missing events, zygarde's role in kalos).
-That that game will probably be divided into two, like BW2 (because of zygarde's two attacks, consistent with forms that continue zygarde's aim to counter xerneas and yveltal).
-GF's penchant for pairs and triplets doesn't rule out a future eeveelution, however, I'd argue that it wouldn't be dragon, on account of how horrid that design would be; don't forget that they would rather make flygon a signature pokemon in ORAS without a mega than give it a mega they weren't happy with, and unlike eevee and dragon, flygon has lots of potential to become a well designed mega.
-ORAS proved that they're not afraid to add new megas in the middle of a generation, maybe that means that the remaining half of the pokedex is due, maybe not.
-New megas would appear in this new game; I imagine that the kalos starters would be the main protagonists, after having the spotlight shamelessly stolen by the kanto starters; maybe they would add the johto starters as mystery gift or in-game gift, leaving the sinnoh and unova starters for later.
-This game, if it exists, should be announced momentarily, to be released next year; they already exhausted the secret legendaries well (well, except volcanion and zygarde, but I imagine they would want to use them on the next movie, and zygarde is kind of the point of the next game) and this gen is already being stretched thin.

The only thing I truly believe is the 2016 thing, because that's the perfect time for 20th anniversary edition Red/Blue/Green/Yellow [2 of the 4, I'd personally like to see yellow as one of them, because yellow is so interesting and different]

But Mega Flygon was given a reason to not exist a few weeks ago, they can't make anything.

Also, I highly doubt they'd make an entire game based in the mountains east of Kalos.

Last edited:
But why would they have to do Kanto remakes for the 20th anniversary, instead of celebrating it with whatever game is up next (ie XZYZ)?

It's the 20th anniversary of THE FRANCHISE, it doesn't have to even be about anything gen I or Kanto related in the first place.

For the 10th anniversary we got Diamond and Pearl.

I can't see XYZ2whatever being a good 20th anniversary celebration. It doesn't feel big enough and I can't imagine how they would celebrate the entire franchise in that game aside from the usual lame references to other games and regions. Kanto re-remakes or 7th gen are probably better candidates for that sort of thing because Kanto has nostalgia going for it and 7th gen could be designed from the ground up to celebrate the entire franchise.

Alternatively, they could just not have a 2oth anniversary game altogether, which I can see because Game Freak doesn't really do anything for their anniversaries beyond events and promotions.

I can't see XYZ2whatever being a good 20th anniversary celebration. It doesn't feel big enough and I can't imagine how they would celebrate the entire franchise in that game aside from the usual lame references to other games and regions. Kanto re-remakes or 7th gen are probably better candidates for that sort of thing because Kanto has nostalgia going for it and 7th gen could be designed from the ground up to celebrate the entire franchise.

Alternatively, they could just not have a 2oth anniversary game altogether, which I can see because Game Freak doesn't really do anything for their anniversaries beyond events and promotions.

It may be Pokémon's anniversary but it's a franchise very important to Nintendo and one that goes just perfectly with what we've been hearing about the NX being a hybrid console, also to have news next year. Yes, probably there won't be anything big coming out and it will turn out to be perhaps X2/Y2 or Z for 3DS but we might get some announcement for 2017 next year. I wouldn't be surprised if GF and Nintendo announced Pokémon games with different options for home consoles, handheld and mobile, with every one of them having the possibility of serving as Pokémon banks, each with its own capacity but interchangeable, with a single account, serving the smaller as controllers for the home console and the possibility to expand the games in said home console with better graphics and options. Pokémon games with expanded Storage System, GTS... each one of us will be Bill! I don't know if it exists in the 3DS games but there was the option of creating clubs (I think that was the name) in D/P/Pt and HG/SS and with what has been seen with Super Secret Bases imagine it being updated in scale.

While I certainly don't doubt we'll eventually get another game in this gen, there is definitely nothing about this information that is a leak.

5 seconds of research would show that the OP 15 is years old (an age where one is generally not privy to any sort of internal information but very much likely to make stuff up for attention) and his/her only other posts are in a speculation thread where he/she claims to "predict the future of pokemon". Try not to be too mean, everybody is young once but there's also no need to feed what should be a fairly obvious lie.

@PokeLeaker , come on, pal. It's great that you like to try to piece together where the games are gonna go next (hey, maybe you'll find a career in predicting sales trends someday!), but there was no need to take it outside the predictions thread and make a thread claiming your predictions to be "rumors" just to mislead people.

I'm guessing they'll announce the next games at E3 - reasons being the June 18th announcement and Arceus.
Also why's the 20th anniversary important? Those aren't highly celebrated like the 25th.

EDIT: As for Kanto remakes - don't remakes retell the story for the fans who haven't played through the originals? That's what Origins does - it's a Kanto remake, but in the form of a anime. So they really just need to re-remake GSC as Origins 2 and DPPt, BW, and B2W2 as games. If we do get games on Kanto and Johto I think they should be sequels instead.

What is fun about Rumors is that their is a possibility that you are right. I could say that Obama is planning on launching his own fragrance, and I heard this from one of his staff man. The chances are low of me being right is really low it, but it could still happen. I think that this rumor is dead wrong. I mean already planning all the way to 2020. Games take a long time, but not that long.

One thing I'd like to point out is that XY2/Z would probably not be "THE" 20th anniversary editions. Looking at anniversary games, there's great ones:
th-10.jpg
And then there's ones that I'd barely dare to mention for fear of an angry mob storming down my door:
th-11.jpg

Back