Discussion TheNyanCatXD's PTCGO PU - Suspect Testing!

Nyan

She/They · Paradoxical Dog Girl
Hello everyone!

So, on the Pokebeach discord, me and @rainyman123 have been discussing and working on an alternate format playable on PTCGO

UuAk37gh.jpg

Rules:

Commons & Uncommons ONLY!

If it's available on PTCGO, and it's a legal card to use, you can use it!

If it’s original print was a Rare Print, it’s illegal! (for example, you cannot use the Raichu common or Yveltal uncommon from Radiant Collection because of their rare prints in XY base, but you can use Rapidash from FLF despite it having a rare print in GEN)

Only basic energy is allowed

(if you have any questions about rulings, PM me about it and i’ll hopefully be able to clear any confusion)

Quickbans:

Night March (stupid damage output for this format)

Forest of Giant Plants (allows for fast evolution of Grass Pokemon, which leads to powerful Grass Pokemon becoming overly dominant threats)

Vespiquen AOR (same reason as Night March)

Flareon PLF (same reason as ^)

Passimian SMO (same reason as Night March)

Charizard GEN (super tanky, Charmeleon Legendary Treasure's attack with recall leads to issues)

Sableye DEX (Junk Hunt leads to too many problems to count)

Now that you know all of that, let's get to the point of this thread!

I am looking for suspect testers, people who will help me determine what is good, bad, and banworthy. Although we already have a banlist, we need to see if there are some cards that are just too strong to keep up with. Afterward, I will host a tournament, and we shall see what deck prevails among the bunch!

Hope to see you there!​

Last edited:
Sample Decks:
Use these decks if you don't know where to start! You can edit them to adjust to your playstyle, but these are given to you just to give you a taste of how this format can play out! Each of these decks also gives a short writing of how they are to be played. We would really love it if you could suspect test, but if you can't, but are still interested in playing the tournament, please like the post above this one so we can know who would like to play! :)
****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 8

* 4 Tangela CL 72
* 4 Tangrowth STS 2

##Trainer Cards - 40

* 4 Energy Switch ROS 109
* 4 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
* 4 N PR-BLW BW100
* 4 Hard Charm XY 119
* 2 Escape Rope PRC 127
* 2 Lysandre FLF 90
* 2 Pokémon Center Lady GEN 68
* 3 Silent Lab PRC 140
* 1 Olympia GEN 66
* 4 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 1 Brock's Grit EVO 74
* 4 VS Seeker ROS 110
* 1 Hex Maniac AOR 75

##Energy - 12

* 12 Grass Energy 1

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

At first glance, this may not look like a very good deck. However, Tangrowth's bulk, power, and also its pre-evolution, Tangela, help it to be one very powerful deck. The strategy is simple, setup using Tangela's Nutrional Support attack for a couple turns, then evolve in Tangrowth and try to use Leaf Storm or even Flog to take KOs. Leaf Storm is [GGC] for 80 and heals 40 damage from each of your Grass Pokémon, which in this deck, is everyone. The Energy Switch are there because while you may be able to get a couple turns worth of Nutritional Support help, I have my doubts that you can do that for a long time. Those are there to switch the energy if a tangrowth is about to die. Hard Charm, Olympia, and Pokémon Center Lady are there for obvious reasons, and Hex Maniac is there to counter any decks relying on abilities.

##Pokémon - 14

* 1 Spinarak HS 83
* 2 Spinarak AOR 5
* 3 Ariados AOR 6
* 4 Seviper CL 51
* 4 Unown AOR 30

##Trainer Cards - 40

* 3 Professor Oak's New Theory CL 83
* 1 Escape Rope PRC 127
* 2 N FAC 105
* 4 Dimension Valley PHF 93
* 1 Lysandre FLF 90
* 1 Olympia GEN 66
* 1 Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear PHF 92
* 1 Brock's Grit EVO 74
* 3 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99
* 3 Float Stone PLF 99
* 4 VS Seeker ROS 110
* 1 Hex Maniac AOR 75
* 1 Nest Ball SUM 123
* 4 Level Ball NXD 89
* 2 Plus Power BW 96

##Energy - 6

* 6 Psychic Energy 5

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Seviper's attack, Poison Effect, is [PC] for 20+ and does 60 more if Seviper is Poisoned. Ariados, of course, can poison Seviper, allowing it to deal more damage. Unown are included in here to help speed things up, being one of the only non-trainer draw supports in this format that's actually good. The 3 Float Stone are there because Unown startsand Spinarak starts are likely, so these help those starts. Fighting Fury Belt helps make Seviper bulkier and adds 10 more damage to Poison Effect. Dimension Valley is there to make Poison Effect only cost 1 Energy, making it super easy to attack with. Plus Power is there to help get in that small amount of damage needed to KO some bigger Pokémon.

##Pokémon - 11

* 4 Komala GRI 114
* 4 Munna BCR 68
* 3 Unown AOR 30

##Trainer Cards - 37

* 3 Professor Oak's New Theory CL 83
* 2 N FAC 105
* 1 Flower Shop Lady UD 74
* 1 Lysandre FLF 90
* 2 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 2 Brigette BKT 134
* 4 Max Elixir BKP 102
* 4 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99
* 4 Float Stone PLF 99
* 2 Level Ball AOR 76
* 4 VS Seeker ROS 110
* 4 Sky Field ROS 89

##Energy - 12

* 12 Psychic Energy 5

Total Cards - 60

The strategy is simple, use Munna to put Komala to sleep, then hit with Hypno Roll for 100, or 110 if you have a Fighting Fury Belt. 4 Float Stone is required in this as if you start Unown or Minna, they need to hit the bench, and they're good for later game as well. Max Elixir cam of course power up Komala, and Brigette is there to fill you bench quickly. Sky Field helps with this, as you might have a large bench later game.

##Pokémon - 12

* 4 Togedemaru SUM 53
* 4 Tynamo NVI 39
* 4 Eelektrik NVI 40

##Trainer Cards - 34

* 3 Mountain Ring FFI 97
* 2 Escape Rope PRC 127
* 3 N FAC 105
* 1 Lysandre FLF 90
* 3 Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear PHF 92
* 1 Brock's Grit EVO 74
* 1 Xerosic PHF 110
* 4 Float Stone PLF 99
* 4 VS Seeker ROS 110
* 4 Level Ball NXD 89

##Energy - 14

* 14 Lightning Energy 4

Total Cards - 60

Unlike many other decks in the format, this one doesn't require Unown so much. Getting Unown is a waste of Level Balls and other Pokémon-getting devices, so in this it is more important to get Eelektrik to power up Togedemaru to hit for whatever amount of damage you need. Mountain Ring is here because this deck is very very vulnerable to being Bench Sniped, but other than that, the rest of the deck is Self-explanatory.

I think you have come up with a very interesting format here, and i think it is pretty cool. I myself is thinking about trying this, but i have one question before i start building decks?
What sets are legal in your standard and expanded? I have seen that the above mentioned decks are expanded (in the regular format) so please anwser my question.
Good luck with your format!

Unlimited actually. Feel free to use any cards in your collection online, so far as they are not banned. :)

Finally finished my decklist, hope you guys can help me with it!

Glalie Deck

Pokemon:

4x Snorunt - Guardians Rising

3x Glalie - Guardians Rising

2x Froslass - Generations

3x Cryogonal - Plasma Freeze

1x Dewpider - Sun and Moon

1x Araquanid - Sun and Moon

14x Cards

Trainer:

4x Dive Ball

4x Aqua Patch

4x Trainers Mail

4x Crushing Hammer

3x Ultra Ball

2x Muscle Band

3x Team Magmas Secret Base

4x Sycamore

2x N

2x Team Flare Grunt

1x Fisherman

33x Cards

Energy:

13x Water Energy

So the strategy is too use Glalie as a main attacker, and charge him up with aqua patch (hence the ultra balls).
Cryogonal is here to stall, and find pokemon sometimes, froslass is there to drop damage counters, and is also good with the ability. We also tech a 1-1 line of araquanid, against fire decks. Too damage glalie we use team magmas secret base, and disruption cards. Muscle band is there in case we go up against high HP pokemon.

PS i think the standard format here should be black and white onwards. And expanded could be any sets.

PSS google uploaded a video about plusle and minun from shining legends witch could be a great deck, sniping with minun, and attacking with plusle, for only one energy! It could be awesome in this format here.

Whoooohoooo! So glad to see people are on this!

I want to keep it as Unlimited because it's really interesting to see older cards see play with newer ones.

@Zamuron Great deck you got there! I actually was gonna mention that glalie is an incredibly strong card

Also, here's another sample list

##Pokémon - 13

* 3 Gligar GRI 67
* 1 Gligar PHF 46
* 3 Gliscor GRI 68
* 4 Unown AOR 30
* 2 Alolan Vulpix GRI 21

##Trainer Cards - 37

* 4 Bursting Balloon BKP 97
* 4 Team Magma's Secret Base DCR 32
* 2 N PR-BLW BW100
* 2 Lysandre FLF 90
* 2 Professor's Letter BKT 146
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 1 Brigette BKT 134
* 3 Random Receiver FAC 109
* 2 Nest Ball SUM 123
* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109
* 2 Junk Arm TM 87
* 1 Black Belt TM 85
* 2 Max Potion GRI 128

##Energy - 10

* 10 Fighting Energy XYEnergy 3

Total Cards - 60

Sounds so much fun! When will there be a tournament I can join? :)
Yes! Currently we are trying to get people to help us with suspect testing just to see the powers of things

This thread is going to be moved to PTCG Competitive Play, as it's a more active thread and I feel it fits the crowd i'm going for better

Hope nobody minds!

It already has been ^w^

@Zamuron, nice list, Glalie is certainly powerful in this format. I think your list could use Max Elixir just because of your energy count, but it already looks very well-rounded! Nice deck!

Back