thefleeee's 11th place VA regionals report

thefleeee

Uber N00b
Pregame:
Im gonna try and keep this short as I just got back from regionals and I want to get the good stuff down :) Me and 2 friends woke up early and my dad drove us down. Seniors have 6 rounds top 8, overall 61 or 63 people barely missing the 7 round top 16 cut.

Round 1 vs Dean Nezam (VilePluff)
Dean is a friend of mine and also was really good at running VilePluff, and I kinda didnt want to play him, but I had to. We set up and I start a lone eevee. I go first attacha special dark and get an Umbreon out. He goes gets a T1 vileplume and jumpluff out. I go and collector for a scyther, blaziken FB and a uxie. I do all the good stuff and draw into a metal energy and I attach that to scyther. At this point my hand is 5 trainers and a metal energy. he goes and does some more stuff and his spiritomb gets knocked out at the end of his turn because he darkness graces. I go send up scizor and KO his Uxie. He goes and he begins to slowly break me down with a combination of mass attacks and leaf gaurds and I dont draw into an energy for 5 turns and I lose.

My score at this point: 0-1

Round 2

I hear that round 2 pairings go up, but I heard a bit late so I go check it out. I got a BYE. Not how I like to win, but I will take it.

My score at this point: 1-1

Round 3 vs Cassidy (LuxChomp)
HE sits down and seems friendly and we start. I go first attach a metal to my benched scyther and I use eevees attack to search out an umbreon. he goes and does some stuff. i cant really remember this game but it came down really close with me having 3 scizor prime prized and I had trouble setting one up at one point. Umbreon saved me by taking 5 prizes that game :)

My score at this point: 2-1

Round 4 vs Grant (LuxChomp)
The only thing I have to say about this match is that I drew into either 4-5 energy the entire game and I couldnt get anything going... I tried stalling but what should have been an easy win for me turned out bad because of a stupid energy drought :(

My score at this point: 2-2

Round 5 vs Carter (SpeedPluff)
This game was quite intense and I cant remember much as at this point they were talking about a possible tornado and I was kinda scared. I won, but it was only because I had 2 pluspower in my hand the entire game.

My score at this point: 3-2

Round 6 vs Nick N. (VilePluff)
He starts a Uxie to my scyther and blaze FB start and he goes first. He immediately shows me that he has 4 copycat in hand and passes. I go attach an energy do some stuff and end. He goes and he uses PONT for 6 and put down a sunkern and a uxie and attaches to the active and restores and stays out. I go, attach a spec metal energy and evolve to scizor prime and get the KO. He promotes Uxie and goes. he uses Copycat for 7 and puts down a hoppip with an energy on it. Then he put down an unown Q and ends. I draw attach another Spec Metal and KO. He goes promotes the sunkern. Quicks it bebes out a Sunflora and retreats to hoppip. Puts down BTS and sunshine graces out a skiploom and goes into a Jumpluff. he uses leaf gaurd for 10, because of my 2 spec metal and its my turn. I draw drop the 2 pluspower in my hand and use seeker and get the KO for the game.

My score at this point: 4-2

Afterwards:
Final Standings go up and im in 11th out of around 61 people, close to top cut but not enough. Turns out one of my opponents dropped ruining my chances of making cut. Gliscor asked me to check his final standing and he placed 25th out of 61 people.

Props:
My dad for taking me
Subway's Customer Appreciation day
the cool vendors
Pullling 2 LVX in 2 packs that I bought
going 4-2

Slops:
Opponent Dropping
Too much Pluff

Wow, I'm surprised there was so much Jumpluff, and VilePluff at that. I thought I was the only one who ran that competitively, with all the other popular decks and whatnot. :/ Anyways, nice job.

There was some rouge being played, but all in all only Jumpluff variants and LuxChomp made top cut

Our top cut was 5 LuxChomp, 1 SpeedPluff, 1 Machamp/Vileplume, 1 Vilepluff.
1st was a LuxChomp and so was 2nd

i got knocked out by the guy who got 2nd. i got called on time with prize count 4-3, but if i wasn't i woulda had it.

fleeee, you should be sooooo happy I didn't decide to drop. You probably wouldn't have gotten T16 and Bryan probably wouldn't have won (I was his round 1 opponent, so it could've screwed up the pairings).

Back