THE Worlds thread. Who's going / Info, ask questions here. (Official Site in OP)

Glace

Top 8, Worlds 2013
Advanced Member
http://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/championship-series/world-championships/lcq/
http://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/championship-series/tcg-world-championships/

http://origin.pokemonworldchampionships.com/2012/

All Divisions

Registration
8:00 A.M.–8:30 A.M.
Players not in line for registration by 8:30 A.M. will be denied entry into the event.

Players’ Meeting
9:30 A.M.
Players not in their assigned seats for the Players’ meeting will be dropped from the event.

RE: THE Worlds thread. Who's going / Info, ask questions here.

Hi everyone!

I am trying to get to Worlds in Waikoloa this year (as a spectator, not as a tournament participant) and I was wondering whether any of you had recommendations for hotels/hostels? Which hotels are closest to the Worlds event and are not very expensive? I am definitely on a budget, so please keep that in mind when recommending any locales. Please only recommend locales that are within walking distance to the Hilton, or that have inexpensive car service/transportation to the Hilton. It would be great if you could list the price per day if possible.

I plan to depart from NYC on the 9th/10th of August and leave Waikoloa by the 12th of August.

For those who have been to Worlds in Hawaii before, or who are natives of Hawaii, any recommendations for fun things to do in Waikoloa while I'm there?

I already have plane tickets lined up tentatively, but if you guys know of any plane + hotel packages that are great, don't hesitate to post this info too. Thanks!

(re-posted here at the request of Glace)

Going and entering last chance qualifier.

I've given myself till July 19 to find a deck and have no idea what i'm doing... but still VERY excited to go.

I'm going too. Registration is in day 10 or 9?

I'll be there. Typically registration is on Day 1. (LCQ)

Depends on flight costs/ if i really want to travel 15 (or something like that) hours.

I will hopefully be there.From previous Words ive seen you can register on Friday and Saturday but if im honest Friday is definalty a better idea-you could lose out if it takes too long for you to register.For Room wise there's a couple of hotels,i wouldn't recommend the price of the ones competitors who won the payed travel ticket's as its something like $269 dollars a night, but there are other hotels which will be cheaper-look on Hotels.com.

I'll be there... playing Masters in the main event. Glace, you should update your list of who is going AND separate it into a list of good players and grinder players.

CodeMonkey said:
I'll be there... playing Masters in the main event. Glace, you should update your list of who is going AND separate it into a list of good players and grinder players.
I like this guy already, lol.

Is this your first time getting the invite? Because there are only two or three players who have qualified every year they've played in Masters.

This is my fifth year in a row getting an invite. 3rd year in a row getting a masters invite (I've only been playing masters 3 years).

Well congrats. Keep it up. :)

So I consider myself lucky, I am in the Navy and stationed in Pearl Harbor, HI. So I am just a flight away from the Big Island (Hawai'i). I want to enter the Last Chance Qualifier tournament. Poor me only has 5 championship points (7th at states) because I can't just jump from state to state to attend different tournaments.

I do have one problem though, I am still looking for somebody to room with so I can save some cash. I am looking at $450 roughly for 4 days 5 nights for flight, hotel, and car. While this is not bad I really do not want to go alone :'( , oh woeful me. I have asked some people that play here but some do not have the money or are going with family. I just feel like if I live in Hawaii I really need to take advantage of this. So if somebody wants to save money or has an extra spot they can lend me I can compensate by some means! :)

I can't wait to see all the grinders out there. Even if I do not make it to the top eight, I get to attend the World Championships! :D

anyone know anything about the hotel you get for travel awards?

Derp said:

If you mean making top 4 in nationals, it is the Hilton itself, where the tournament is taking place.

Yes, that is what I mean.
I can't find a lot of information about the hotel either. (even on the hotels own website..) >_<

Derp said:
Hilton Wiakaloa Village.Its Expensive.It has monorails and amazing views but apparently the food costs are Sky high.

When I was on Hilton Waikoloa Village 2 years ago I remember me and my family payed 53$ for 3 Hamburguers and crappy chips on the hotel.

Back