XY The Two Legendary Pokémon

RE: The Two Legendary Pokemon

safariblade said:
No, he didn't say anything about base stats. He just said he wanted them to be "as strong as", which don't have to mean base stats (ex, Slaking)
Shaymin-S & Darkrai are just as good as Dialga, Reshiram, etc.

I think what he MEANT to say is that he wants a Grass or Dark-type Legendary to be a mascot & be as popular as Dialga, Reshriram, etc.

You are both right, I didn't mean to say that darkrai wasn't great, its super awesome! I meant what base stats honestly because by that classification darkrai isnt as powerful attack or spec. wise as dialga etc. But you get the point, which is most all mascots have the same base power and I want a grass or dark like that, if you see what I mean.

I'm gonna take a shot in the dark and say that Xerneas will be a Water/Grass type and Yveltal will be a Fire/Flying-type

Well, most people know that Gen V is EXTREMELY similar to Gen I right? So what if Xerneas is supposed to be like the remake of Lugia, considering how Lugia was closely related to the Legendary Bird Trio. In that case, I would expect Xerneas to actually be fighting, but either way, I have a feeling that Xerneas is related to the musketeer trio + Keldeo. However, I still think Xerneas being Water/Grass and Yveltal being Fire/Flying would make the most sense.

DragonTamer said:
Well, most people know that Gen V is EXTREMELY similar to Gen I right? So what if Xerneas is supposed to be like the remake of Lugia, considering how Lugia was closely related to the Legendary Bird Trio. In that case, I would expect Xerneas to actually be fighting, but either way, I have a feeling that Xerneas is related to the musketeer trio + Keldeo.

Ive been thinking this for a while now...
I mean the musketeers are french!
There is 4! Like the 4 stags that Xerneas is representing...

But I don't think that should tell us anything about its type.. since Ho-oh is Fire and Entei is Fire, while Lugia shares its Flying type, while Ho-oh doesnt etc.

What it does tell us though,
if it is true of course,
is that we can expect the 6th trio to be related to Yveltal???

That might mean another set of legendary birds (with compeltely different types obviously just like the musketeers were data clones of beasts but shared no type), or simply something airborne....or with no visual resemblence, BUT sharing a theme of death or some kind of creatures of prey, the whole trio being secondary Dark etc.

I'm really curious how this will turn out D:!!!

PMJ said:
All aboard the wild and wacky theory train!

In every generation since the first, each game has included legendary Pokemon with typings unseen in any of the generations before it:

Gen 2: Lugia (Psychic/Flying) (The fact that it shares this typing is irrelevant because those Pokemon didn't exist in Gen 1)
Gen 3: Latios and Latias (Dragon/Psychic), Jirachi (Steel/Psychic) (see above)
Gen 4: Dialga (Steel/Dragon)
Gen 5: Reshiram (Dragon/Fire), Zekrom (Dragon/Electric), Kyurem (Dragon/Ice)

Could Xerneas and Yveltal follow a similar pattern? Well, let's see.

Yveltal is easy to speculate. Assuming he is part Flying, his main type would have to be Fighting since Fighting is the only type to not be paired with Flying. Flying as a single type is also possible but it doesn't fit according to this plan.

Xerneas is obviously based on an elk or likewise animal (not to mention they showed him in a forest), which leads me to believe he's part Grass. Let's assume that and look at all the types Grass hasn't been paired with yet:

Dragon
Electric
Fire
Ghost

At first glance, none of those look even remotely possible, but consider this: there are blue Electric-types (Thundurus, Lanturn, Luxray, Eelektross), and Eelektross sure as heck doesn't look like it would be Electric at first glance, so maybe Grass/Electric isn't that big a stretch after all...

Of course, this is just a crackpot theory I came up at six in the morning, so who knows how much merit it has? Kinda fun to guess, though.
Lawnmower Rotom

Well I AM based of the DNA - X Chromosome

Same with my counter part Yveltal based of the Y Chromosome :D

Well thats my guess aha :)

Xerneas said:
Well I AM based of the DNA - X Chromosome

Same with my counter part Yveltal based of the Y Chromosome :D

Well thats my guess aha :)

I doubt they would stoop to the level of using the alphabet, that would just be weird. I hope it's more complex, they did that a bit in b/w with how kyurem freaking ATE PEOPLE but you had to read into it, and they know most younger kids won't read into it. They could do that more in this game

It's always a possibility. I wasn't a big fan of how Kyurem ate people as well. Hopefully they won't do something like that, it might scar little kids.

Freezing Blizzard said:
It's always a possibility. I wasn't a big fan of how Kyurem ate people as well. Hopefully they won't do something like that, it might scar little kids.

What about boys turning into Kadabra in Gen 1? Or Dusknoir essentially being the Grimm Reaper in Gen 4? Or even Bannete being a toy discarded by a child which it now wants to kill?

Blui129 said:
Freezing Blizzard said:

What about boys turning into Kadabra in Gen 1? Or Dusknoir essentially being the Grimm Reaper in Gen 4? Or even Bannete being a toy discarded by a child which it now wants to kill?

Gen 1 was the most depressing, team rocket killing pokemon, the kadabra thing, gengar, pokemon the first movie. It was truly sad....then they kid it up till gen 4.

The deer thing could be pure Normal type. It reminds me a lot of Arceus and those plates. They look similar too. Heck even Steel/Normal.

Not sure about the giant killer bird though. It can fly, but that doesn't mean anything. I would laugh if it was part ground though.

Zapydos2 said:
The deer thing could be pure Normal type. It reminds me a lot of Arceus and those plates. They look similar too. Heck even Steel/Normal.

Not sure about the giant killer bird though. It can fly, but that doesn't mean anything. I would laugh if it was part ground though.

True, alot of floating/flying pokemon aren't flying (weezing, flygon, magnezone, ect).

I hope they actually give us some main legendaries that aren't ____/dragon

I am honestly hoping that Xerneas will be some combination of electric, psychic, or steel. I fell that electric/psychic is the best bet.

As for Yveltal, I have no idea :p. However, it had better NOT be dragon/something. We have had three generation of dragon mascots and this trend really needs to stop.

I also hope that this generation is a little more complex or serious as said before, with a good amount of fridge-horror/logic that will go over the heads of the younger audience, you know, not to scare them too much...

I want Xerneas to be Electric/Psychic as well. It also (kinda) makes sense if Yveltal turns out to be Dark/Flying, as they can both hit each other for SE damage whilst being resistant/immune to their other type.

If Xerneas has XY Chromosomes and Yveltal has ZW Chromosomes, maybe the third version mascot will be a Platypus/Echidna, as Monotomes' Chromosomes are a mix of XY and ZW.

Paddy185 said:
I want Xerneas to be Electric/Psychic as well. It also (kinda) makes sense if Yveltal turns out to be Dark/Flying, as they can both hit each other for SE damage whilst being resistant/immune to their other type.
I didn't think about that! I think that the typings would make sense, having the legendaries counter each other like that. It adds a nice balance.

Its legs and antlers are kinda stone-like in appearance, though, so it could be part Rock and still go along with them countering each other. But remember, it's not like it HAS to be balanced between them. Look at Kyogre and Groudon.

I still don't think they will resort to exotic dual types for main legends.

I mean, every mascot we've seen (2+3+3+3), if it was dual typed, one of its types was either a boring secondary Flying (simply added because of common sense), or an epic Dragon type (for extra awesome or because they are supposed to be dragons).

The only of those I see in Xerneas and Yveltal is the "common-sense" secondary Flying on Y.

Besides, there is still plenty of colorful types we haven't seen used in this simple manner on main legendaries....like Grass and Dark amongst other things ;)

CyberCat5555 said:
Paddy185 said:
I didn't think about that! I think that the typings would make sense, having the legendaries counter each other like that. It adds a nice balance.

Legendary types are all about concept and backstory. Type match-up doesn't matter.

Mitja said:
CyberCat5555 said:

Legendary types are all about concept and backstory. Type match-up doesn't matter.
No always. Lugia is the "god of the sea" or whatever, and lives in the water. What type is it? Flying/Psychic. I don't really see how a dragon-whale thing is psychic and not water. Typing doesn't always match the inspiration/backstory for the Pokemon. We also do not have enough info to know X or Y's backstory, so any guess is as good as the next.

Back