The Topic of Ghosts.

Can your Cat/Dog sence a presence of a ghost?

• Total voters

shiny umbreon

Aspiring Trainer
This is a thread where we can discuss the topic of ghost encounters, anyone who has seen one(like a relative or friend.), Or one of your friends seen a ghost.
Rules
1. ALL Pokebeach rules apply
2. You can't lie about a real ghost story you've never encounterd

It was a few years ago when my old dog Shelby died. A few days after she died I swear I started seeing glimpses of her around the house again. Ready to sleep. Outside my bathroom. Everywhere she used to go. My mom even said she heard her clawing at her bed that was still on the ground that night like she used too.

Very interesting palkia dialga clash. (I mean about the mysterious happenings not your loss.)
So sorry about your loss:(x10

Yeah. We got a new dog though. It's been about 3 years since the old Shelby died.

How is the last option of the poll even relevant to the topic itself?

Even then the poll doesn't make sense anyway. How could you even know that you dog/cat (no other animals?) is able to sense the presence of a ghost? Does he/she tell you so? I don't think so. Well.. Ghosts? I wouldnt be surprised if your cat was talking also.

In a discussion, it would be nice if we had nog misunderstandings, right? So wouldn't it be a good idea to get to be sure that we're talking aobut the same. Therefor I wan't you to first answer a few questions. What are ghosts? What are they made of and how do they live? How do you know you see a ghost? And last but not least, can you prove us ghosts do exist? And the latter being the most important. Until we have proved their existence, isn't it better to take the default position and conclude they're nothing more than a myth, a possible illusion created by yourself?

But hey, don't put all that effort in an attempt to answer the questions, you won't succeed, because it is impossible. There has never been good and accurate evidence of ghosts. You're only 12 years old, are you willing to say that you, a child without a full comprehension of the world, knows better than hundreds of years of science? Knows better than all those scientists who have studied this or disproved the existence of ghosts in multiple ways through different branches of science?

I know some people expect an essay of some sort in which I disprove ghosts, but guess what, that is impossible. Not because they do exist, but because of the mere fact that disproving something is impossible. If I want to accurately disprove the existence of ghosts I would have to prove two things. First of all I would have to prove the existence of everything that does exist, litterally everything. And after that I would have to prove that, next to all that I have just proven to exist, there is no space left for anything else to exist. And this is impossible.

So again, to get this thread a little bit more accurate, you'll first have to put up some evidence before continueing.

And no, this is not to put you down, this is just to get some reasonable thinking in you. You won't mind some brain food, will you?

I'm gonna say no... ghosts don't exist... but human illusions do. First of all, look at skitzos (not demeaning term... just don't know how to spell full word). They see things that we (as everybody else) do not. Now then, I'm not calling people who see ghosts skitzos... but you all must know that people can see things for a few reasons. The primary few is that we consciously or subconsciously WANT to see those things. In PDC's case, he was mourning the loss of his dog. He probably wanted to see his dog again... alive. Because of this intense want to see it, he did. Look at most cultures as well. Priests who have a firm believe in God (no religious slander to be found here) will probably be seeing or hearing God in some way. None of us can see or hear him because we do not have that intense want to see or hear him. In PDC's stream of consciousness, his dog's image appeared. In the Priest's stream of consciousness, God appeared. The difference is that I cannot will myself to see a giant Metagross on my ground. It has to be deep. The priest devoted his life to God and PDC probably had a very strong connection to his dog. Unless I had a very strong immagination (which I do not), I cannot will myself to see any form of Metagross in my room.

The big thing that I'm getting at is that this isn't the ghost busters. Only few people can see ghosts and they see their own version of it. I've read about villages seeing the same illusion... once people start finding out about it, they grow a fear of it. People want to know what they are afraid of, so they will subconsciously have a deep desire to see what they are terrified of. Even so, there have been no instances reported (that I know of) of people seeing the same ghost without prior knowledge of it. Most (if not all) "ghostly movements" can be explained with physics. None the less, I would be the first person to sign up as a Ghost Buster if they did exist... just I doubt it.

How can something sitting on a table flying across a room with no wind or other known force applied be explained by physics?

I believe in ghosts, but not just because I do. I believe in some evidence in some footage and recordings. I don't think that there are "demonic entities" or that ghosts can be "banished" by having a priest waving a cross around, but I think that ghosts are simply souls, if you will, that are not ready to leave the world due to "unfinished business". Notice how whenever a place is said to be haunted, someone has always died an untimely death there? (like suicide or occasionally murder) "Evil ghosts" could easily be people that died in such a manner and happen to be rather evil in personality... Pets might also stay as ghosts maybe because they were extremely attached to their owners.

I'm not calling this proof of ghosts' existence, I'm just stating possibilities that I believe.

^there are no physics to your question, it is only because there is a Jedi in the room.

I don't think ghosts exist. But I may just have to wait until my cats die (not that I ever want that to happen.) Until I actually see a ghost or something, I rule them false.

At Pokequaza,
Man! You attack with LONG paragraphs... Well FYI they do see ghosts with there eyes. They show it with sounds like wimpering for dogs and hissing for cats( I am a witness.). Also I've seen WAY more footege of ghosts than you think!
PS Well sorry if my grammer is a fail...

I would by request to lock this therad because of small problems mods.

I never attacked you? I just provided you with some counter arguments. And no this wasn't a long post, could write way more if I have to. Since the lack of size in your post I assume you haven't read all of it. Next time, try to read my post, fully respond to it instead of ingoring everything I said and saying: BUT I KNOW IT! I don't care what you know, what you believe or what you think, I care about the truth.

With their eyes? Why can't I see them? Also how you know that, when they give these signals, they really see ghosts? Why can't it be something else? Something that is more logical.

And yes, I also have seen what people claim to be ''ghost footage''. And I don't care how much you've seen of it, but I know one thing, I've seen enough footage and I'm still sure it's just an illusion. So the amount of footage you've seen doesn't matter. Footage isn't proper evidence, well the quality of the footage is always very bad and blurry.

Also why lock this thread? If you wouldn't mind it's better to let this open. Perhaps some people will realize that there is no evidence for ghosts and that there're just a mere illusion created by yourself.

@Meaty. Even your example can be explained by Zero's post. Because they died in an 'unacceptable' way, the will to see them again would be only bigger. But then again. First prove that such thing as a 'soul' exists before making arguments like that.

I used the word soul as an example. I mean to say whatever energy makes up our being.

I made my little point in my post, and I'm not gonna argue with you since I know how much of a skeptic you are and we've had these discussions on just about every post about paranormal things on this forum...

This thread is so mediocre...anyways, I'm a believer but at the same time not one, as I've never had an encounter.

@Meaty. ''I think that ghosts are simply souls''. ''I used the word soul as an example. I mean to say whatever energy makes up our being.''

We are totally made of matter, matter is energy. Therefor a soul is a human and therefor a ghost is a human. Do you see that your logic and description of a soul already fails?

Anyway, maybe it's better the whole world gets a little bit more skeptic. UFO's, Bigfoot, living dinosaurs, ghosts, deities, it's like we're living in a fantasy world these days. On an interesting note, most of these ''phenomena'' come from the US, the US is one of the most religious countries, well in terms of Christianity. Coincidence? I don't know. Just an interesting notice.

And define skeptic please. It's just that I rather like to think rational with logic instead of blindly swallowing everything. If that is what you call a skeptic, then I'm glad I am one. Only a shame there's this negative nuance around the word skeptic.

Your reason to not discuss this with me and ignore me is a little bit weak. What if this discussion made you realize that you were wrong all the time? But don't worry, I won't discuss with you either anymore. I won't be wasting time to those who are willful ignorant no matter what is presented.

Ooooh serious discussion. Let me join =O

Pokequaza does put up a good argument. But I want to say one thing. If they're just a "mere illusion created by yourself" then where is the proof it really is. There is really no actual evidence that ghosts exist and if they don't. It's more belief than real. People beleive they exist and they think that one little thing means they're real.

On the page of Bigfoot, living dinosaurs etc it's mainly because people's imaginations are a little to wild. Or they beleive in something so strong they really think it's real. You can't prove something wrong without evidence. Since there's no real evidence against both sides it's hard to really make an argument. We need scientific to make sure they really exist.

@ palkia dialga clash, Yes.This thread is picking up left and right.
I didn't mean to outburst on you Pokequaza... But yes. This is my first time making a thread and ended up sucking. ( Age dosen't matter in threads.)
So lets not flame each other and make up. :)
New Topic: Why are cameras picking up most ghost activity?

The cameras don't pick up ghost activity. "Oh no! The camera is blurry! It must have been a ghost!", or "Oh my God! Our camera is out of batteries! That proves it's a ghost!" are not good arguements. Going to a so called "Haunted" place, and something happening to your camera doesn't mean the place is haunted. Come on, think a little.
On the other hand, something as scientific as gravity is as illogical as spirits(notice I didn't say ghosts). The idea of a supernatural invisible force that keeps us on the ground makes about just as much sense as the idea of a supernatural invisible force that haunts us.Yet, it is proven true.
As you can see I'm completely undecided on whether spirits(not ghosts) are real or not.

They aren't. Let the topic go in its natural direction. Just because people are arguing does not mean that they are getting offended. No one has made aggressive claims yet so let it go the way it will. As far as cameras go, why would anything BUT a security camera be picking up ghost activities? If I pull out my personal camera and happen to see a ghost, isn't that too coincidental? Most likely, I would want to set it up to show the world what I believe in. Security cameras are not powerful enough to really show anything decisive about ghost activities. They are barely able to help solve crimes let alone prove the unproven. As far as personal cameras, I cannot give evidence that they are not ghosts... but isn't it a little odd that people will whip their cameras out to be lucky enough to catch a ghost? Usually, these will be set up. And once again, physics can explain most of the "ghostly happenings".

Gravity is illogical? o_O Force is described as a push or a pull. First of all, check your facts. Gravity is not a force... it exibits a force. The force of gravity is what pulls us down... gravity itself is a negative acceleration which will make things going up slow down and eventually turn around. Weight is the force that pulls us towards the earth... gravity DOES directly affect weight... but gravity is not a force. Also, gravity can easily be proven. Drop a pencil on the ground. Do it again. Once more plz ;D. If you dropped it from the same height every time, it will accelerate at the same rate and have the same final velocity before it hits the ground. Gravity is not supernatural. It is 100% natural. It might be hard to think about, but it can be scientifically proven very often. The difference is that ghosts will not produce the same effect when the circumstances are the same. Also, check your definitions. The supernatural or supranatural (Latin: super, supra "above" + natura "nature") is anything above or beyond what one holds to be natural or exists outside natural law and the observable universe. GRAVITY IS NOT NATURAL?! Gravity is clearly observable, so you must think that it is unnatural. I'll tell you, there is sufficient evidence to show that gravity has been here before humans got here. Please think before you post.

Um, gravity isn't a "supernatural invisible force", it is objects with mass attracting each other... basic physics, lol.

Anyway, ghosts/spirits/etc are just one of the many unproven beliefs. It's highly unlikely that they exist, but still possible I suppose.

@shiny umbreon. I know age doesn't matter in making threads. The forum is for all ages. However the topics are another story. I'm not saying you cannot discuss about this subject, but you're only 12. Your brain hasn't fully developed yet and your mind will change about a lot of things. In a few years I'm sure when you look back to yourself, or reread your posts, that you'll think; ''Why didn't I know it back then? Why was I so stupid?'' (trust me, you will think that of yourself). I won't say I'm all-knowing either. In fact, I'm learning new things every year and I keep gaining, not only knowledge, but also intelligence and the ability to think reasonably for example. I'm not trying to prevent you from posting in here, but there are far more intelligent people on these forums than you are (and don't get angry, you'll learn these things at school and in real-life within your next few years). So therefore it isn't a bad idea to question more and try to discover things for yourself, instead of assuming you know. But then again.. this forum isn't really the place to do so. Question everything, and think about it.

On the subject of randomly moving objects: it's been shown in lab experiments that a high enough electromagnetic field can cause everyday household objects to levitate/fly around/move. Also, in the presence of high enough electromagnetic fields people report feeling like they're being watched/disoriented/nausia/etc. I'm not sure exactly how high it has to be to cause the poltergeist effect, but it doesn't take much to make people feel watched/etc.

Back