• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard The Sun and The Moon GX Deck

ThorMing099

Aspiring Trainer
The release of "Solgaleo-GX & Lunala-GX Legendary Starter Set" revealed a very stunning card - Solgaleo GX, but Lanala GX seems quite disappointing ( who in the world will a game release both legendary pokemons, with the same energy requires, but one is 2 times the damage to another one and have a possitive effect of the attack lol)
I have always been a fan of Lunala and I always think how can I play it in TCG. Here comes my conclusion:

4 Cosmog
3 Cosmoem
2 Solgaleo GX (Solgaleo-GX & Lunala-GX Legendary Starter Set)
2 Lunala GX (SM1)
2 Mewtwo
2 Mew (Fate Collides)
1 Lunala (Prism Star)
2 Tapu Lele GX

3 Professor Sycamore
2 Cynthia
3 N
2 Brigette
3 Guzma
1 Skyla

4 Ultra Ball
2 Rescue Stretcher
2 Field Blower
3 Rare Candy
1 Pal Pad
3 Choice Band
2 Altar of Moone

10 Psychic Energy
1 Super Boost Energy

Lanala GX's Ability Psychic Transfer is a very fascinating Ability, I love this very much, you can always relocate your resources if you like. However, Lunala is quite weak in the meta, because the spring up of Zoroark GX, it can easily OHKO Lunala GX with full bench and Choice band. To be honest, it is easy for Zoroark GX to do that. The release of the new Sogaleo GX has then solve the problem, Lunala is now save.
The game plan is quite a simple one, stand Mewtwo GX in the battle zone for some damages and build up Lunala GX and Sogaleo GX at the same time, there isn't any need to rescue Mewtwo, I mean if it can KO your opponent then yes, let it go, but if not, then I don't think it is necessary to save it, However, do move all the energies to the bench as you sense that it will be knock out. Or else you will slow a whole turn down.
Then, try to charge up energy with Solgaleo GX, I will try to use Mew to copy prism star Lunala's Psystorm attack after.
Do help me with what more Should I go for, if possible, I want to put 2 Max Potion in my deck, but the spaoce of the deck seems not allowing me to do so.

Back