Discussion The State of Fire Decks

Redcubone02

Aspiring Trainer
I was wondering what is the general opinion on fire decks state going into the future meta. A lot of ho oh kiawe and volc decks have been slipping under the radar and i was wonder how good you think fire will be in future and its current state with all of this zoro and lucario running rammpant.

They definitely have a place in the meta. They can keep pace with the fighting decks and no longer have to worry as much about Gardevoir.

Fire is great right now. Lightning decks basically don't exist, and Water decks are few and far between. Volcanion-EX gives them the power boost they need to threaten consistent OHKOs on everything in the format. Glaceon shuts off Tapu Lele which is really the biggest problem since you need it to search out things like Guzma and Kiawe, but if you can play around that then you can beat just about everything (except frogs. you aren't getting out of that alive).

Actually, PMJ, with my custom Ho-oh build I beat frogs about 70% of the time :)

1487662678643.jpg

Well fine then.

I'd say fire is decent at the moment . The only drawback being you need at least 2 lele to run them efficiently. If that's not a barrier, then it's always a solid meta call

Fire decks are fine, besides that fact that frogs are gonna get popular cause of the 3rd finish and Charlottesville Regoinals but again there good, but nobody really plays them because they’d rather play Zoroark GX, Garbodor, Buzzwole GX, Stall/Sylveon GX, or frogs

I was wondering what is the general opinion on fire decks state going into the future meta. A lot of ho oh kiawe and volc decks have been slipping under the radar and i was wonder how good you think fire will be in future and its current state with all of this zoro and lucario running rammpant.

I believe Charizard will be a great counter deck to the current meta bc on average, there are 3GXs on the opponents bench. Energy acceleration would be easy and its ability is great. Especially since Garb is rotating out of the meta.

I feel like Fire decks will most probably maintain their place as a strong Tier 2 deck. Next set will release some good stuff for Fire decks that will help them keep the pace. I still do not think it can become Tier 1 because it is still not as consistent as a Zoroark-Gx engine. Consistency is always key.

Tier 1 belongs to Fighting and Psychic decks right now since the meta will continue to evolve around Zoroark-Gx. Fighting decks will remain strong since Zoroark-Gx will continue to be used a lot. Buzzhole-Gx and Lucario-Gx will be the bestt Gx attackers for a while (considering Diancie Prism and Beast Energy soon to be released) since they can reach very high dmg with only 1 energy attachment and OHKO Zoroark-Gx.

And since Buzzhole-Gx and Lucario-Gx will be there to counter Zoroark-Gx, Psychic will stay strong. Sm6 granting energy acceleration to Psychic will shape a new meta.

Im keeping my fingers crossed for Volcanion ex not get affected by the rotation this year. its of the last promos of the "ex" generation. Fire decks can surprise in the future if volcanion ex sticks around

I agree that the Meta is shifting toward Psychic becoming dominant which may bring back Garb.

As far as Fire, I think it's situated well in the meta right now, but I don't like its placing moving into the next couple of sets. Water is getting buffed pretty hard in the next two sets imo. which is going to hurt it, but Hoho should still stay a turn 2/3 deck moving forward.

Back