BW/BW2 The Simple 5th Gen VG Questions and Answers Thread

RE: The B/W Questions and Answers Thread

BrOkenICE said:
How do you change Rotom's Form?

Go to Opleucid City, Head West to Shopping Mall 9, Go into the room in the back on the First Floor, click on any of the boxes...

You can transform into
- Rotom-Fan which will let you learn Air-Slash
- Rotom-Wash which will let you learn Hydro Pump
- Rotom-Heat which will let you learn Overheat
- Rotom-Cut which will let you learn Leaf Storm
- Rotom-Freeze which will let you learn Blizzard

The Special move your pokemon learns doesn't stay with it if you change forms so you cannot have a Rotom-Wash with
- Overheat
- Leaf Storm
- Blizzard
- Hydro Pump

Ok, that should be about all the information you need about how to change Rotom's form and all about it's Forms.

- R-C

Escavalier said:
On competitive play I see all of these pokemon with specific EV's and IV's.
How do you get those that refined?

I feel this deserves a more detailed answer, so let me intervene.

When you catch a Pokémon or receive a Pokémon Egg, all of the Pokémon's EVs are 0, and all of its IVs are permanently stuck where they are. That means that once you get a Pokémon, its IVs can't be refined further. You need to pick up another one. You can, however, hatch lots and lots of Pokémon and hope that you finally get that Pokémon with the IVs you want.

EVs, on the other hand, can be refined, but only if you start giving it EVs as soon as you start battling with it. If your Pokémon do battle and get EXP, it gains at least 1 point. No exceptions. This includes, for instance, wild Pokémon, or Pokémon from in-game trainers (like the athletes in the stadiums or the Elite Four). However, once a Pokémon gets EV points, they can only be erased using certain Berries available in the Dream World. In addition, if your Pokémon reaches 255 points in one stat and/or 510 points total, it can't get any more EVs, and you can only refine them by giving the Pokémon those EV-reducing Berries.

If you want to know about this in more detail, just ask. It's a pretty complicated process, and if you've never handled EVs and IVs before, I recommend you start simple.

This is not neccesarily a BW Question...But how do you get Pokémon on Pokédex 3D by SpotPass?
I have SpotPass activated in Pokédex 3D, and then I put the system on Sleep Mode either on the Home Menu or in Pokédex 3D itself.
But when I check after a while then I don´t receive anything...

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

This is what I do.
I turn internet on.
I press the power button until it gives me the option to put it into sleep mode or turn it off. I put it in sleep mode.
I open it a moment after and click on Pokedex 3D. It should have a window up asking if you want to receive new data. Click yes, obviously.
After that, just leave Pokedex 3D and come back. Do the same thing, leave, come back, and do the same thing.

I just wait for the blue icon on the corner of the box. Then I click yes receive new Pokemon. After that I close it. Shake it once. Then open it. It says I received another Pokemon. After that I close it again. Shake it again. Then open it. It says I received yet another Pokemon.

So, I receive three Pokemanz per day. (Coz that's the limit I believe)

...Nothing´s working!
I turn SpotPass on, and do everything you two say.
Well, actually, when I press the off button, there is only an option to turn the 3DS off, and it says that the software was closed. There is no option to put it on Sleep Mode...

Am I doing something wrong? Do you have a video on how to do that? (I have searched but I didn´t see anything.)

Have you received any Pokémon yet? You get 3 every 24 hours, but you won't get them immediately--the first set of 3 will come about a full day after you start using Pokédex 3D.

I've been taking down Audino's in the Giant chasm for exp. But is there a faster way? Maybe the E4 is faster, but I got kinda tired of doing it over and over again.

I've been taking down Audino's in the Giant chasm for exp. But is there a faster way? Maybe the E4 is faster, but I got kinda tired of doing it over and over again.
You can also go to the two sport stadiums in Nimbasa City to battle some trainers (their Pokemon are in the level 65 range). I don't think it's as fast as Audino grinding, but it's still a good method.

I personally grind on Audino right outside of Black City, not because they're higher level (they cap at 50), but because they're closer to a Pokemon Center.

One character in the Nimbasa stadiums, a doctor, has a single Level 68 Audino, I believe. Even at Level 50, it'll give 5-digit EXP.

Does anyone know whether If EV Training Level 100 Pokemon in Black or White really works? If their EV's are maxed out then it doesn't work.

As long as you reduce their EVs with the proper berries, it'll work.

Can someone list some places where I can get a SunStone?
I reeeeeally need one.

You can find a Sun Stone in the Ancient Castle-B4F wich is in the desert west of Route 4
theres a girl with an umbrella close to the last gym town's exit she gives a free stone everyday
in Nimbasa City, from a man in the building north of the Pokémon Center

theres a girl with an umbrella close to the last gym town's exit she gives a free stone everyday
wait what? I know about the umbrella person on Route 8 that gives out a weather rock each day...was that who you meant?

BrOkenICE said:
Can someone list some places where I can get a SunStone?
I reeeeeally need one.

In addition, you can visit any cave, activate a Max Repel, and when you see or hear any dirt being dug up, you can head straight over there. Sometimes, it's Drillbur or Excadrill. Other times, you get an item, which can be any of the type-based gems, evolutionary stones, or other rock-based items (besides fossils).

This method takes a while, but it's the only way in Black/White to get an unlimited amount of them. I spent about 110 Max Repels trying to get a Water Stone, for instance, but in the process, I got like 4 Thunderstones, a Leaf Stone, 2 Sun Stones, 3 Moon Stones, and 5 Fire Stones.

The chance of getting a specific stone is 2%, so although it might take a while, it's worth it. You can also buy it in Black City if you have the specific NPC for $10000 per stone. Sure it's a lot, but it's fast and you can buy multiples.

I found a Sun Stone in Challenger's Cave, along with a Leaf, Dusk, and Dawn Stone. But I wasn't even looking for it (I never went into the cave before, so I was just exploring.)

I don't have enough people in Black City to buy stones.
Shame...

--

A few hours ago, I was battling a Golett, and it used Fire Punch.
Can it actually learn that?

Because I looked up on Bulbapedia and it can't, was it a game error or something?

EDIT:

Nevermind...Dynamic Punch.

So what would be the best place to train level wise in White.

Back