The Scrub's Excuse. Glace's 1-3 to fail ZekEelsTerra Nats Report.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glace

Top 8, Worlds 2013
Advanced Member
So, I get to the place, and meet up with some VA friends. I go through the D-J line, which is made up of no players, and start looking around. In Troll and Toad, a see a hyper kid and decide it's probably Nigel, but don't want to be that person who asks a stranger if he knows them. So ok, I go and talk to Afro, and ask him is he has seem Nigel/Matryoska, and he points to them, so I go over and say hi, and meet sillykyle, Nigel, and Matryoska. I also see Zangoose. I play some test games later with thefleece and Matryoska and do pretty well, going 3-1 iirc.

Day One:

Game 1 vs ZekEels

I win because I take the early lead he blows his chance to come back with a Raikou/snipe bench/Catcher Eel plan, because he snipes the active Eel.

1-0

Game 2 vs QuadTerra

Draw pass 6 turns, and after he takes a 2 prize lead I have a weak set up with a Mewtwo to ko his Terrakion. I ko another, and he ko's me. We exchange damaging and ko's, but I whiff a key Max Potion and he takes the lead, and ko's my second Mewtwo for the game.

1-1

Game 3 vs Mirror

We prize exchange with myself in the lead, but after missing key Dual Ball, where I needed just a single heads, I lose.

1-2

Game 4 vs Mirror

My opponent makes it hard for me to concentrate by only using a coin to flip, which I called him own because the flip always went his way, and uses damage counter-esque markers for damage. I end up keeping track of his damage with a replica of his field using my own dice. He sets up better though, and I lose.

1-3

At this point I am super mad...

Game 5 vs Quad Entei

I know I will have a hard time with this match for 2 reasons. One because it can be hard, and two is because he was a Zangoose cosplayers. So his makeup and nail polish (talk about taking cosplaying too far) was so distracting. Anyways, he took an earlier lead, flips heads on Moomoo milks, and I finally ko a Entei and start to charge a Mewtwo. He responds with his other Entei, and benches a Mewtwo for the one I benched. I get 4 energy on my Mewtwo, Juniper, and hope for the best. I have an 8 card deck, but am probably going to lose because I will need a switch and Junk Arms for Pluspower and catcher. I juniper into 2 Junk Arm, a PP, and a catcher. I PP Catcher the Mewtwo for ko. He does 90 to my mewtwo, and I switch, double Dynamotor, attach, retreat, and do enough damage to ko an undamaged Eviolited Entei.

2-3.

EWW.

So I was talking, and when I was asked why I was 2-3, I said that I was unlucky, except actually for real. Such a scrubs excuse, but whatever.

Game 6

I forgot you can't actually expect me to remember everything, can you? Probably mirror.

3-3

Game 7 vs Speed Darkrai

He took a prize with Darkrai on Smeargle, and after that is was all over. I had the Retaliate. He just Dark Patch'd and pass, and then I N'd and got the Energy Search. After my Land Crush ko, he sent up Sableye, Catcher'd my Eelektrik, and passed. I had the switch, and Land Crushed ftw.

4-3

Game 8 vs [member]Ty W[/member]heeler w/ Terrakion Mewtwo/Shaymin techs.

He gets off to a nice lead after I whiff the Pluspower, and near the end I have a 5 card deck, a Mewtwo with 5 energy, and a Junk Arm in deck. He has an energyless Terrakion active, a 1 card hand, and a Mewtwo with 1 energy. I had just N'd him. I draw an Energy Search, and get my last Lightning to thin my deck. I Portrait, and then pass. he draws and passes, and then I draw the Super Rod, Portrait, and pass. Then he topdecks what he needs before I can topdeck what I need, and PONTs into Catcher, Switch, and an energy to ko my Mewtwo for the win. Such a dumb loss and a close game. I would be happy with it if it didn't come down to luck, but whatever. No offense, and I didn't see your other games, but you were lucky.

4-4

Game 9 vs CMT

I take the early lead after he fails to SSU up his Tornadus-EX, but risk the retaliate return ko. He misses it, so I am able to ko it too with a Pluspower too. After that he just falls apart, and I take easy ko's ftw.

5-4.

I end up going 5-4, and while most of my friends are in Top Cut, I talk with Matias. I ended up only playing a flippy donk deck in one side event, but get Top 4, so I get one pack. The next day I test a new deck, CMT with EXP Share, and it fails miserably, so I try to trade away my rotated stuff.

Met for the first time:
1) Matyroksa
2) Nigel
3) sillykyle
4) Zangoose
5) olimar
6) iisnumber12 (more officially)
7) RogueChomp (more officially)
8) olimar
9) Gistica
10) justintam (sorta)
11) Celebi23
12) Mokoko
13) Infinity

Props:

Having fun
Funny stuff
Better than last time
1-3 -> 5-4
Jonathon Croxton T2 Juniors
Jimmy P. got the invite
My donk deck working
donking sillykyle twice
Buying Japanese sleeves cheapppp.

Slops:

Missed cut.
Friend got T8, but can't go to Worlds because it is too expensive.
ZekEels is dumb haha
CMT testing not working
No decks I like
Too much pony
SO HOT (the weather not the ponies)

Sorry if I forgot you. And if I change my name to AtSL blame T.

Oh I have a new slop I accidentally zoomed in a lot while I was writing this and can't figure out how to zoom out D:

RE: The Scrub's Excuse. Glace's 1-3 to ??? read and see Nats Report.

Wait a sec, what did you play? Regardless, decent mini comeback I guess.

RE: The Scrub's Excuse. Glace's 1-3 to ??? read and see Nats Report.

Zekeels terra, sorry.

wut?
You didn't even say you met me, even though we hung out for a long time.
I might throw together a report.
Sucks that you had bad luck. Sorry. :/

Sorry!!! I knew I would forget I mean wait for someone to mention themselves to see if they read my report...

Yeah, I am tired.

AtSL rofl.

Sucks man, but it happens. I feel like I've always been on the whim of luck. I got there because of spectacular luck and sucked because of bad luck. And I literally used the same strategy for both tournaments, playing the top tier deck. Don't let it get you down, you'll have an up day sometime.

Whaaaat? Why doesn't the Glace mention the Nigel in props? >:3

By the way, if you had gone -1 loss, +1 win, you likely would have made it into top cut. A lot of 6-3's made it, which is the opposite of what we were predicting.

What you guys were predicting. And also my resistance was pretty bad, so yeah I doubt I would have made it.

Did you vs. Ben Alexander in Round 3? He's my friend and was playing TerraZekEels.
He told me he played against the mirror and beat it.

Slop: RogueChomp loses out :p
What do you mean by more officially? Like more officially then the first time when you donked me? (Still hatin)
Your donk deck may work, but mine works too. :p
Good job. Why u no win out?! You could have done better than me, and I started off amazing. XD
Hey, look on the bright side. You "helped" Ty Wheeler win out and win Nats. Wait thats not a bright thing.....I hate Terrakion/Mewtwo/etc.

"What do you mean by more officially? Like more officially then the first time when you donked me? (Still hatin)"

Haha yeah that's what I meant. I am liking Ty's deck now that I'm playing it, but its so straightforward for the most part.

grantm1999 said:
Did you vs. Ben Alexander in Round 3? He's my friend and was playing TerraZekEels.

I don't know.

Well it is a smart deck, I just hate it because I went against Troll decks that did the same thing (lost to both). Terrakion can beat down Zekeels if properly set up, but now Zekeels not only has to worry about Terrakions, but now they can't go aggro Mewtwo.

grantm1999 said:

I played him round 9 and knocked him out of cut(assuming he had good resistance)

In my defense, that was only the second supporter that I had played the entire game, so I had 10 left in my deck plus 2 random receivers. I drew absolutely awful the entire game, so I don't think you can say that I was "lucky", and I am offended.

I'm sorry you are offended, and know you deserve to win, but I felt that game was very luck based.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back