"The Real Pokemon World" Project

UnovaPokemonTrainer

Aspiring Trainer
Hey everyone,

Recently, I've been inspired working on a photo project where I compare the Pokemon world locations to the real world locations. I know there's already a forum that shows some similarities, but I was hoping to get photographers and Pokemon fans alike to help me fulfill this goal as a community. I live in "Unova" so I hope to finish all the locations. This is what I have so far:

JUST A QUICK NOTE: These are just "drafts" I'm hoping to take a more accurate angle to match the ones in the animation/movie. Enjoy!

[attachment=7232]
New York City vs. New Tork City

[attachment=7233]
The photo of Skyarrow Bridge from Best Wishes Episode 21 vs. Brooklyn Bridge

[attachment=7234]
Sprout Tower vs. a shrine I visited in Japan (Will update the proper name later).

Please help me make this go viral! I already uploaded the first picture on my Instragram. Just search the hashtag #TheRealPokemonWorld

For anyone who would like to take part of this awesome project, please refer to this page for real life locations!:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_world_in_relation_to_the_real_world

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this and trying to get the word out! XD

There's a strong possibility I will travel to Paris or Japan in 2015 for "Hoenn" or "Kalos" project!

Attachments

• 1501807_682919214212_656306330_n.jpg
    1501807_682919214212_656306330_n.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 45
  • 1504012_682919239162_1608123726_n.jpg
    1504012_682919239162_1608123726_n.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 37
  • 1517430_682920806022_540414316_n.jpg
    1517430_682920806022_540414316_n.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 33
"The Real Pokemon World" project (Part 2)

Hey everyone!

It's been awhile since I last post here. I've been watching the "Best Wishes" episode on the Pokemon App starting at episode 1. I figured this would be the best time to continue the project. Here are some real life location from two episodes. When I have a chance and time, I'll definitely go on location to catch the perfect angle. Enjoy!

Photo credits goes to GameFreak, Nintendo, TokyoTV, and most importantly Satoshi Tajiri for the Pokemon TV anime series. Photo credit also goes to Google for the real world photos (thank goodness for Google Map). No copyright infringement is intended.

[attachment=7241]

Top: From Episode 3 "ミジュマル!メグロコ!危機一髪!!
Mijumaru! Meguroco! Close Call!!" from Pokemon Best Wishes.

Bottom: Real life location probably inspired by "Spa Castle" located at 131-10 11th Avenue, College Point, NY 11356.

Additional information can be found here: http://spacastleusa.com/ny/

[attachment=7240]

Left: From Episode 8 "ダルマッカとヒヒダルマ!時計塔の秘密!!Darumakka and Hihidaruma! The Secret of the Clock Tower!!" from Pokemon Best Wishes.

Right: Real life location probably inspired by "Bell Tower Park" located at Riverdale Avenue, Henry Hudson Parkway, West 239th Street Bronx.

Additional information can be found here:
http://www.nycgovparks.org/parks/belltowerpark/

#TheRealPokemonWorld

Attachments

• 1544355_683514281692_1695072652_n.jpg
    1544355_683514281692_1695072652_n.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 1558545_683514251752_189749600_n.jpg
    1558545_683514251752_189749600_n.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 22
RE: "The Real Pokemon World" project (Part 2)

Hi there, I've moved your thread to the Anime forums, a more suitable place for this particular topic.

This is a pretty cool project to do. Although plenty of anime settings are based off of real life locations, these comparisons seem to be just a tad bit far-fetched in my own opinion. :p

Woo!!! My first ever reply! Funny, you said that because the first post was moved here by Athena and now you're moving it elsewhere. Eh, it's alright. Well, I live in "Unova" all my life and even though they're not "exactly" the same, I did note it draws some inspiration from it's respective on site locations. I traveled to Japan about 5 years ago. At the time, I visited various parts of Tokyo and Kyoto. I've been seriously discussing with a friend in traveling to Paris for the "Kalos" section of this project or the "Hoenn" part of Japan in 2015. Pretty excited! I'm working on picking photos from my trip to Japan to compare it with "Kanto" and "Johto". Please look forward to it! And thank you for taking the time looking at this!

Elite Stride said:
Hi there, I've moved your thread to the Anime forums, a more suitable place for this particular topic.

This is a pretty cool project to do. Although plenty of anime settings are based off of real life locations, these comparisons seem to be just a tad bit far-fetched in my own opinion. :p

I am currently in Fukuoka (Japan), which is the Hoenn (as [mod]Athena[/mod] made me aware of) area. I am closest to what would be Petalburg City.

I added some of the pictures I've made (I only arrived last week, so it isn't much yet), although I doubt they were featured in the game. I'll be here for about half a year, so if I see something interesting I'll let you know!

Since you already had a thread to discuss this, I merged the threads. It's easiest to post updates in here or to edit your original post with new information. If you edit the original post, you can also post a new message in the thread to make people aware changes were made (don't do this too often, to avoid spam!:) ) Both times the threads were actually moved to the Anime forum from another forum. :p

Attachments

• DSC_0680.jpg
    DSC_0680.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 12
  • DSC_0705.jpg
    DSC_0705.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 9
  • DSC_0742.jpg
    DSC_0742.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 8

Hey!

Thank you so much for helping out on this project! That's awesome that you're there! Be sure to eat as many different Japanese Kit Kats! HAHA!!! I look through the three photos you posted here, I'm not sure what part of Hoenn you're trying to show me.

Drohn said:
I am currently in Fukuoka (Japan), which is the Hoenn (as [mod]Athena[/mod] made me aware of) area. I am closest to what would be Petalburg City.

I added some of the pictures I've made (I only arrived last week, so it isn't much yet), although I doubt they were featured in the game. I'll be here for about half a year, so if I see something interesting I'll let you know!

Since you already had a thread to discuss this, I merged the threads. It's easiest to post updates in here or to edit your original post with new information. If you edit the original post, you can also post a new message in the thread to make people aware changes were made (don't do this too often, to avoid spam!:) ) Both times the threads were actually moved to the Anime forum from another forum. :p

Well I just wanted to share as many pictures as possible so you could perhaps pace them. I'm not really sure what the places in Hoenn are based of to be honest. I did see the Pokemon Center from this city recently! :D It was in JR Hakata City.

If you know what some of the things are based on, let me know and I'll try to get you a picture! :)

Back