The PokeBeach Thread of Mucus...err-Music

RE: The PokeBeach Thread of Mucus...erm-Music

Oh, I could tell you were being sarcastic.... not so sure about some of the others here. If it's an April fools joke, there's nothing even remotely funny about it. It's just hugely insulting to real musicians.

I don't know if you guys know about this, since it's not very main-stream. On lockerz.com, there is this mini-series called The Homes that stars Chelsea Kane, the girl who is on Dancing With The Stars and was on Jonas L.A.

Every Thursday, they release a new episode. It's nearing its end now though. Within every new episode, there is a song. I really like the songs, as they encompass a wide variety of musical styles. I also highly encourage you to watch the series. A song I really like is called "The Road Knows."

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdxZs0VgN64[/video]

Even though she was in Jonas L.A., don't let that drive you away, she is actually a very nice actress.

On the notion of Friday, come on guys. Rebecca Black is only thirteen. That's like taking a kinder-gardner's drawing, telling them what you really think of it, and crumpling it up. Sure, she probably shouldn't be a singer, but don't be so harsh.

Anyways, I heard E.T and it actually is not that bad. The music video was even more surprising. I'm proud that Ms. Perry tackled something so...serious and unusual...

Usually it's one or the other...

I just recently found out that Andrew W.K. covered Gundam 0079 songs. Once I recover from the shock, I'm going to find the rest of the album.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eF9p5PDazjA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qumhHYE2_o

@fridge, I've given Rise Against a listen and I really don't care for most of their songs except for their newest album, which I liked.

aggiegwyn said:
On the notion of Friday, come on guys. Rebecca Black is only thirteen. That's like taking a kinder-gardner's drawing, telling them what you really think of it, and crumpling it up. Sure, she probably shouldn't be a singer, but don't be so harsh.

Anyways, I heard E.T and it actually is not that bad. The music video was even more surprising. I'm proud that Ms. Perry tackled something so...serious and unusual...

The music industry is harsh. If you're going to put complete and utter crap out there like she did, and then act like you're the greatest thing ever, it's going to get a LOT of hate. She has no talent at ALL. She's 13, and should know enough to know that what she made is junk. She just has rich parents who let her think she's the most amazing *insert what ever the heck she wants to be* ever. People like her are a total disgrace to real musicians, and real artists. I would never call her a musician, a singer or an artist, because she isn't one. She's just a stupid girl, who has no musical talent what so ever, who is under the sad delusion that she is a pop star.

To put it in perspective. My conducting teacher, who has his doctorate in music (conducting to be specific) has been a musician his whole life. Needless to say, he knows of, and has heard a lot of bad music. He is very knowledgeable about different kinds of music. To be blunt, he said that it was the worst thing he ever heard in his entire life.

DarthPika said:
aggiegwyn said:

The music industry is harsh. If you're going to put complete and utter crud out there like she did, and then act like you're the greatest thing ever, it's going to get a LOT of hate. She has no talent at ALL. She's 13, and should know enough to know that what she made is junk. She just has rich parents who let her think she's the most amazing *insert what ever the heck she wants to be* ever. People like her are a total disgrace to real musicians, and real artists. I would never call her a musician, a singer or an artist, because she isn't one. She's just a stupid girl, who has no musical talent what so ever, who is under the sad delusion that she is a pop star.

To put it in perspective. My conducting teacher, who has his doctorate in music (conducting to be specific) has been a musician his whole life. Needless to say, he knows of, and has heard a lot of bad music. He is very knowledgeable about different kinds of music. To be blunt, he said that it was the worst thing he ever heard in his entire life.

Making fun of a thirteen year old. How mature.

Seriously, people, we get it; her song was really bad. That doesn't mean you should make fun of her. She's just a kid. Read this. That's what happens sometimes when you make fun of someone of that age. Sure, it's rare, but teen suicides are increasing, iirc. One of my friends died because the entire school made fun of him and picked on him all the time. It's not pretty. Yes, I find her song kind of bad, and yes, I do think she should put down the microphone and never touch it again, but I don't support the way the media is treating her. At least that's my view. .~.

Anyways, I've really not bothered listening to music lately. My headphones on my Iphone broke, and the speaker got messed up somehow. Weird. :/

darthpika you always have me loling with your "i no muzik i go muzik collige i am mastr muzishun herr durr gurdurr"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltG8Wm9p_lk&feature=related
^that song is amazing :V

I was actually getting into Soundgarden now (thank you Free CD from Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock) Spoonman being my favorite so far :)

I personally listen to ussually rock or pop. Recently its been, 3 Days Grace, Fort Minor, Linkin Park, Red, or anything that Pandora shoots at me on Linkin Park radio. I've also been listening to; Born This Way, since Lady Gaga is amazing.

Dir en grey hands down, lots of J-rock all around. Old and new stuff.

A note on Plastic Beach (it might be old hat by now): I think people forget that Gorillaz is a story band. There's an overarching plotline behind every album, and they do coincide with each previous release. If you follow the story, Plastic Beach actually makes a LOT more sense as to the difference in sound and style in comparison to Demon Days. Demon Days is by far their best work, though.

And the songs from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. They're ridiculously catchy.

@Shaymintails, I've heard a few Soundgarden songs that I like, but I've been meaning to give them a more thorough listen.

Back